GROW YOUR HAIR LONG WITH DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2008 - PART 2

Aggie

Sorry I haven't checked for a minute but I just returned from a weeek long trip to Omaha, Nebraska ~shudders uncontrolably~ It was so cold up there and it was my first time ever seeing snow, lol. Anyway, I washed my braids with some diluted lavender Castile soap and I'm now deep conditioning with some Lavender WEN cc mixed with a litlle of my Olive Oil Hair One cc. I think I'll leave it in too instead of washing it out this time:yep:. Darn, these braids are heavy when wet!

Mandy4610

I am sitting under my pibbs as I type. Prepooing with ORS mayo. I will shampoo with Nature's gate Asian pear and red tea and then DC with Banana Brulee and oils.

swalker31

I think I'm too late. But please let me know when the next challenge is. I'm pre-pooing now and will be dc'ing tommorrow am.

TexturedTresses

shampooed with shescentit eucalyptus mint shampoo, did an acv rinse, used the mop -system reconstructor, followed up with strinillah dc (love) and did a flexi rod set. will be relaxing on wednesday.

myronnie

Baggying overnight with coconut oil and my hemp-shea-mango butter.
Then washing with GVP extra gentle and deep conditioning with SE Olive

LivingDoll

Hi ladies! I haven't posted in this thread since part 1 (i think?).... anyway I'm still Dcing at every wash. DC'd yesterday with Olive Oil Cholesterol. Looking forward to joining Part 3.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
It's been a while since I posted - I was in the process of getting a new computer. I have been DCing 1x per week primarily, alternating between Paul Mitchell and L'Oreal's Mega Moisture. I would like to be included in Part 3 - I may have missed the call for this.

Aggie

I think I'm too late. But please let me know when the next challenge is. I'm pre-pooing now and will be dc'ing tommorrow am.

swalker, I'll have the new challenge up by tomorrow evening for sure, so please send me a quick pm and I'll add you to it, okay? I am a lot busy right now, my boyfriend's demanding my attention right now and I don't think I'll have enough time to get it up today.

Okay ladies, it's that time again to give everyone enough time to join the DC challenge part 3. I will have the challenge up and running by tomorow evening when I get off from work and I apologize for the slight delay, so please be patient with me just for today, okay? Thanks for your kind understanding.

Last edited:

Aggie

Pood with GVP Extra Gentle poo

Dc'ing right now with ParK Avenue Soft Conditioner aka Redken All Soft. Got it from Sally's :D I used it on both of my natural dd's heads and it softened their hair up instantly! Hopefully I'll have some god results :) I'll be sitting under the dryer for an hour then I'll bun it up....

BTW, Miss Aggie... I looked in your fotki... at your stash :blush: Girrrrrrl, my face was like this :eek: :blush: :lachen: :nono: :lachen: :shocked: :giggle:

Where do you keep all of that stuff???? You must live in a mansion! Daaaaaaang! :lachen:
Whoa how did I miss this, :lachen::lachen::lachen:

princessdi

I'm in. Here is my starting picture:

Aggie

I'm in. Here is my starting picture:

Hi Princessdi,

I just added you to the new challenge, okay? Here's the link:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=319707

Please post all your future progress in the link above. All new challengers are already posting there. While I'm here, I might as well update my DC'ing. I deep conditioned today with some AO honeysuckle rose mixed with WEN tea tree cleaning conditioner.

Aggie

still dcing w/my staple...jason sea kelp
i may switch things up on the next round

I'm still eyeing this conditioner MsWill. Is it as nice as the honeysuckle rose you think? I really like how thick and moisturizing it is.

MzWill

I'm still eyeing this conditioner MsWill. Is it as nice as the honeysuckle rose you think? I really like how thick and moisturizing it is.

i didn't get around to buying the hsr. went to wholefoods to pick it up a cpl of weeks ago & they had none :nono:. so i'm ordering from vitacost for the next round of the challenge.

question for u...when r we supposed to post pics for the end of this round?

myronnie

I'm hendigoing with LUSH caca noir right now. I'm gonna rinse it out in 3 hours and then deep condition with GVP Conditioning Balm mixed with Honey, Mango Butter, and Camellia Oil
oops this is the part 2..hehe.

Last edited:

Aggie

i didn't get around to buying the hsr. went to wholefoods to pick it up a cpl of weeks ago & they had none :nono:. so i'm ordering from vitacost for the next round of the challenge.

We have until December 28th-31st to post our reveal pic for this challenge and the same pic can be used as the starting pic for the 2009 challende.

Mine is already in my siggy. For me it's easier this way for both challenges and the other challenges I just joined, like the wig, MT/OCT, crown & glory, and bootcamp 2009 challenges. This way I don't have to keep posting individual pics in all of them.

Aggie

Girl that's where I buy mine too. They have the cheapest prices for vitamins too, so I buy some of my essential oils, all my vitamins and my organic poos and conditioners from them as well.

joyandfaith

This was a great challenge. I don't have a starting from back in April, but here's one from September, and then one from today.

Attachments

• comic-p.jpg
    comic-p.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Butterfly08

Wooow, this thread is ginormous already! :spinning:

I am dcing right now with Elucence and J F Lazartigue shea butter on the ends. 30 min under the Pibbster on dry hair. I slept with the cons in and tonight I will wash, condition and roller set. :yep:

ETA: I see this is the old thread. :look:

NappturalWomyn

I think I am in this one. So here is my DC regimen, well my whole regimen. I got inspired to use less and get more results.
Shampoo with CV Mud and Clay, Honey Beer and Egg
Co-wash (if out) with TJ Nourish
DC with Henna/Herb powders mixed with eggs&mayo (Fall/Winter), or AO WC conditioner (Spring/Summer)
Use a little QB OHHB or coconut oil with Giovanni leave in on my hair when WNG
That's it. I had a bit of an epiphany and did some Fotki searching. The women with jaw dropping hair have the most simple regimens. So will I.
Oh, I am fingercombing>wide tooth combing> rat tail combing> Denman brushing in that order.
nik