GROW YOUR HAIR WITH L-CYSTEINE & EGGS CHALLENGE!

Irresistible

This is a NEW Egg and L-Cysteine Challenge!

This has been done here before. (although maybe not both together) Lets do it again ladies!!!! It works!!!! :yep:

*Diet*
*For this Challenge You will need to eat at least 2 eggs a day. They can be boiled or scrambled or poached or whatever. I personally will be doing Boiled eggs. This will provide you with Whole Protein and L-Cysteine!

*Supplement (s)*
*You may also take a L-Cysteine supplement up to 500mg a day if you like! Dont forget to take your Vitamin C (1,500 mg) and B complex 50 or 100 with it for optimal results! Also be sure you are getting plenty of protein in your diet(The Eggs help with this) or taking a 'complete' protein supplement along with your L-cystein! :yep: You might want to start slow on this if you have never taken it before just to see how you do. (note: if you are taking a hair vitamin it might already have this in it, also if you are taking garlic you are already getting some l-cysteine)

*Topical*- Weekly or Every Other Week Egg hair treatmens! Pick One or Alternate them if you like :yep:

1. Hot Oil massages with Egg & Honey
Oh yeah! This is really a nice mix to do a hot oil head massage. This will give a new life to brittle hair. Mix 1 tbsp. honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp. almond oil and 1 tbsp. yogurt. Apply on hair and keep for 30 min. Wash hair with shampoo or Conditioner. You may wish to lightly warm the Oil *not hot* but if you dont that will also be fine too!

2. Hot Oil massages with Egg & Olive Oil
You can try Olive oil with an egg. To also help hair growth.
4 tablespoons of olive oil and an egg, mix well. Spread over hair and keep it for half an hour. As usual rinse and use shampoo or use Conditioner. you may warm the Oil if you like

3. Natural homemade Protein treatment:
Beat 1 egg and add slowly 1 tsp of olive oil (or any other pure natural oil of your choice). Apply it on hair and keep for 10 to 15 minutes. Apply shampoo or CW and rinse well. This is good for all types of hair

When doing any of these treatments use a plastic hair baggy and/or a warm wet towel for better absorption!

Note: if you will be doing any of the Egg Treatments weekly leave the treatment on for 10-15 minutes. If doing them every other week leave on for 20-30 minutes. Please leave all other Protein Treatments and Conditioners out of your regimen while doing these egg treatments as they will provide your hair with plenty of protein!! We dont want protein Overload! Do not leave them in for longer than what is suggested to be on the safe side with this

Note: None of these Egg Hair Treatments are suggested to use with heat such as under a dryer etc. (we dont want to cook the eggs on our hair ladies)

*Technical Information*
L-CYSTEINE - Amino acid peptide bond constructing up to 18% of your hair that provides strength, shine and structure. Cysteine increases hair shaft diameter and hair growth density. Foods high in Cysteine include eggs, muscle protein, garlic, onions, Brussells sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, beans and milk. At least 500 mg. of this keratin-forming amino acid must be taken each day to even have an effect on hair. Cysteine is a powerful cell defender that acts as an antioxidant and also contains sulfur, known as nature's beauty mineral. A deficiency in sulfur is characterized by atrophied sebaceous glands which lubricate the scalp from the Essential Fatty Acids. Vitamin C in two and one-half times the amount of Cysteine, Vitamin B-6, and co-action of all 22 amino acids provide optimum use of L-Cysteine. In order for Cysteine to be effective it must synergistically work with ALL other aminos. A missing amino acid is like a missing building block that collapses the entire structure.

This is safe, easy, inexpensve and effective!!! who is up for the challenge to get your hair growing?

Check in and let us know how you plan to incorporate eggs into your diet daily, what egg treatments you will be doing on your hair and how often, and what supplements you will be taking!

Then simply ,Check in regularly to let us know how its going!

This Challenge Begins Tomorrow July 11th (but you can join anytime) and we will update our progress 8 weeks from now! So get started with a 'before pic'

Ladies it would be really helpful to document your progress with pictures so try to take your 'before' pic as soon as you can so that when we update you have that pic to compare with the pic you take when the challenge is completed, showing your real actual growth progress

:dance7: Happy Egg Hair Growing Ladies! :dance7:

Eta: I had a problem taking this plus an antibiotic, it litterally felt like my stomach was BURNING from HELL! Please check with your doc on all your meds while taking this! I am fine now but NEVER went through nothing like that before it was very painful! The antibiotic I took was Doxycycline for a throat infection from a bad cold, and laryngitis!

Last edited:

Choklatekiss79

Hey Iris,

I'm in. Will only eating the whites of the egg work? I hate egg yolks. I'll suck it up though if it will make that big of a difference. I probably will pass on the supplement too because I'm taking so many others (msm, spirulina, multi, b complex, flax, omeg 3-6-9).

Thanks!

Irresistible

Hey Iris,

I'm in. Will only eating the whites of the egg work? I hate egg yolks. I'll suck it up though if it will make that big of a difference. I probably will pass on the supplement too because I'm taking so many others (msm, spirulina, multi, b complex, flax, omeg 3-6-9).

Thanks!

The whites would be fine if we can find out somehow if thats the part of the egg that is the primary source of the protein and l-cysteine. Other wise you might have to suck it up! hehe

Your supplements sound good too! You can just eat the eggs if you like. Are you going to do any hair treatments as well?

shortyluv

o0o0o im already taking l-cystine for cognetive memory...been a couple of days. i had no idea it was good for hair too! the egg tx seems pretty good. honeyand egg... i wont mind trying that for hot oil tx

Last edited:

Choklatekiss79

I read that most of the protein is in the whites. When I cook egs, I always scoop out the yolks. They freak me out. lol I'm glad you posted this beacuse I need to find ways to get more protein in my diet regularly.

Oh, I'm also taking kelp. It's a great way to supplement the salt that I lack in my diet....I also hear it's great for the hair. hehe

But yes, I'm going to do the egg and olive oil treatment. How often would you recommend doing it?

danigurl18

I'm in!!! I'm already taking L-Cysteine 500mg and I think I'll try the egg and olive oil treatment tomorrow!! Cool challenge!

Irresistible

I read that most of the protein is in the whites. When I cook egs, I always scoop out the yolks. They freak me out. lol I'm glad you posted this beacuse I need to find ways to get more protein in my diet regularly.

Oh, I'm also taking kelp. It's a great way to supplement the salt that I lack in my diet....I also hear it's great for the hair. hehe

But yes, I'm going to do the egg and olive oil treatment. How often would you recommend doing it?

:lol: @ the yolks freaking you out! Well you can just do the whites then girl. How are you doing them? Scrambled?

I think the egg/olive oil ,can be done along with the rest of your regimen , safely weekly, if your worried about protein then every other week for 20-30 mintues, so for weekly treatments just leave it in for the 10-15 minutes instead of the half hour . I'm gonna do them weekly and only leave it on for 10- 15 minutes.

*NOTE*
*while doing this challenge be sure you skip all other strong protein treatments*

danigurl18

I been taking it for about a month... I have seen a little extra growth but i think that the egggs will put me over the edge

Irresistible

I been taking it for about a month... I have seen a little extra growth but i think that the egggs will put me over the edge

yeah , that will give you whole protein, and for your hair, the treatments! :yep:

are you taking your other vitamins such as a good multi, B complex and Vitamin C? etc

Irresistible

I'm a vitamin junkie... I take Flintstones, Flaxseed oil, L-Lysine, Grape Seed Extract, and Vit B Complex

oh ok, well its said you need plenty of Vitamin C with this for optimal benefit you might want to add that too, your doing good with the rest and especially the B complex for this!

Choklatekiss79

:lol: @ the yolks freaking you out! Well you can just do the whites then girl. How are you doing them? Scrambled?

I think the egg/olive oil ,can be done along with the rest of your regimen , safely weekly, if your worried about protein then every other week for 20-30 mintues, so for weekly treatments just leave it in for the 10-15 minutes instead of the half hour . I'm gonna do them weekly and only leave it on for 10- 15 minutes.

*NOTE*
*while doing this challenge be sure you skip all other strong protein treatments*

Cool thanks! As for my eggs, I will scamble them with a little cheese pepper, and seasoned salt or make an egg white omlet with cheese, red peppers, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and any other veggie I can find stuffed inside. Girl, it's heaven in a skillet. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

Also, Starbucks makes a REALLY good reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich that I pick up most mornings. It has eggs (come to think of it, it's the whole egg :perplexed), 2 strips of turkey bacon (that I usually pick off, but shouldn't), and reduced fat cheese on a multi grain english muffin. It's convenient and inexpensive (about $3.00) and delicious. I couple that with a vinti green tea and that's my breakfast during the week 90% of the time.

I will incorporate the egg and olive oil this weekend before my scheduled wash. I can't remember the last time I did a protein treatment. :nono:

Thanks again!

Irresistible

Cool thanks! As for my eggs, I will scamble them with a little cheese pepper, and seasoned salt or make an egg white omlet with cheese, red peppers, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and any other veggie I can find stuffed inside. Girl, it's heaven in a skillet. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

Also, Starbucks makes a REALLY good reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich that I pick up most mornings. It has eggs (come to think of it, it's the whole egg :perplexed), 2 strips of turkey bacon (that I usually pick off, but shouldn't), and reduced fat cheese on a multi grain english muffin. It's convenient and inexpensive (about $3.00) and delicious. I couple that with a vinti green tea and that's my breakfast during the week 90% of the time.

I will incorporate the egg and olive oil this weekend before my scheduled wash. I can't remember the last time I did a protein treatment. :nono:

Thanks again!

now I'm hungry! :lol: Sounds like you got this covered! :yep:

C

cieramichele

:eek2: 2,000mg? Thats alot aint it? but ok so are you in this too?

u gonna eat eggs? cause you need plenty of whole protein for the l cysteine. & are you gonna do the egg treatments topically?

Im in. That amount was taken by some ppl on here in another thread (ill try to fing it). I'll see about the eggs.

Irresistible

This was good information from that thread! Take your Vitamin C ladies!

Caution:
When taking L-cysteine, N-acetyl-cysteine, or glutathione, it is recommended that three times as much vitamin C should be taken at the same time to prevent these amino acids from being oxidized in the body.

L-cysteine is a conditionally essential amino acid, one of only three sulfur-containing amino acids, the others being taurine (which can be produced from L-cysteine) and L-methionine from which L-cysteine can be produced in the body by a multi-step process.

L-cysteine is a protein amino acid naturally present in the proteins of life forms. L-cysteine is a sulfur amino acid and contains a sulfhydryl group. Although most cysteine is found in proteins, small amounts of free cysteine are found in body fluids and in plants. The normal diet contributes approximately 1 gram of L-cysteine daily.

L-cysteine is considered a nonessential amino acid, meaning that, under normal physiologic conditions, sufficient amounts of this amino acid are formed from the dietary essential amino acid L-methionine and the nonessential amino acid L-serine via a transsulfuration reaction. L-cysteine is a conditionally essential amino acid under certain circumstances, for example, for preterm infants.

L-cysteine serves as a precursor for synthesis of proteins, glutathione, taurine, coenzyme A and inorganic sulfate. Glutathionine itself has a number of biochemical functions, including maintenance of normal cellular redox state. Certain conditions, e.g. an acetaminophen overdose, can deplete hepatic glutathione, and this can be life-threatening. The antidote to an acetaminophen overdose is L-cysteine, in the delivery form of N-acetylcysteine. The L-cysteine derived from N-acetylcysteine helps to restore hepatic glutathione.

L-cysteine can act as an antioxidant, may prevent liver diseases, and can help to thicken the individual diameters of existing hair if taken regularly. Following ingestion, some L-cysteine is oxidized to L-cystine, and both L-cysteine and L-cystine are absorbed from the small intestine by active-transport processes. L-cysteine absorption is largely sodium-dependent, while L-cystine is absorbed by a sodium-independent transport system. Following absorption, L-cysteine enters the portal circulation, which distributes it to the liver. There, much of it is metabolized to protein, glutathione, taurine and sulfate. L-cysteine, which does not get metabolized by the liver, enters the systemic circulation which distributes it to various tissues of the body.

Although the incidence of cystine renal stones is low, they do occur. Those who form renal stones, particularly cystine stones, should avoid L-cysteine supplements. L-cysteine, like other sulfhydryl-containing substances, could produce a false-positive result in the nitroprusside test for ketone bodies used in diabetes.

There are no reports of overdosage in those taking L-cysteine supplements. However, large doses of L-cysteine are neuroexcitotoxic in several species. Single injections of L-cysteine (0.6-1.5 g/kg) into 4-day-old pups resulted in massive damage to cortical neurons, permanent retinal dystrophy, atrophy of the brain and hyperactivity.

The usual supplemental dosage of L-cysteine is 500 milligrams to 1.5 grams daily. Those who supplement with L-cysteine should drink at least six to eight glasses of water daily in order to prevent cystine renal stones. Some studies indicate that an intake of 3 to 5 grams daily of vitamin C may prevent cystine stones. However, high-dose vitamin C itself may contribute to renal stones in some (see Vitamin C).

N-acetyl-cysteine is the acetylated form of L-cysteine which is more efficiently absorbed and used. It is also an antioxidant that is helpful against viruses. N-acetyl-cysteine has been used as a liver protectant and to break up pulmonary and bronchial mucus. N-acetyl-cysteine can boost glutathione levels in cells.

Glutathione (gamma-L-glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine) is a peptide (short protein)-like molecule synthesized in the body from the three amino acids L-glutamic acid, L-cysteine, and glycine. Glutathione is one of the body’s most important and powerful antioxidants. A major function of vitamin C is to keep glutathione, L-cysteine, and N-acetyl-cysteine in reduced form so that they can continue to have their powerful free radical quenching effects.

Even though many published studies show that garlic, selenium, alpha-lipoic acid, L-cysteine and N-acetyl-cysteine can boost cellular glutathione levels, people with health problems may benefit from taking high doses of glutamine. Those with cataracts or liver disease may want to take 500 mg a day of this very potent antioxidant.

*Happily Me*

I have been taking L-Cysteine, L-Lysine, SAM-E and Taurine for a few months now

Here's my current list of supplements, I sent this to my trainer. I have a a growth spurt recently; My hair is now all WL in the back

Taurine 500mg
L-Lysine 500 mg Recommended for lupus
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine Recommended for lupus
SAM-E (S-Adenosyl Methionine) 200mg Recommended for lupus
Calcium Magnesium - 1000 mg of cal, 500 mg of mag
Super Milk Thistle Recommended for lupus
Ester-C (vitamin C)
THE BEST WOMANS Multivitamin on the market, in my opinion
Green Vibrance in my smoothies

Irresistible

oh ok DSylla so your already ahead of the game on this! Do you want to be included and start adding eggs to your diet for whole protein and/or doing topical egg treatments to your hair as well?
I have been taking L-Cysteine, L-Lysine, SAM-E and Taurine for a few months now

Here's my current list of supplements, I sent this to my trainer. I have a a growth spurt recently; My hair is now all WL in the back

Taurine 500mg
L-Lysine 500 mg Recommended for lupus
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine Recommended for lupus
SAM-E (S-Adenosyl Methionine) 200mg Recommended for lupus
Calcium Magnesium - 1000 mg of cal, 500 mg of mag
Super Milk Thistle Recommended for lupus
Ester-C (vitamin C)
THE BEST WOMANS Multivitamin on the market, in my opinion
Green Vibrance in my smoothies

*Happily Me*

oh ok DSylla so your already ahead of the game on this! Do you want to be included and start adding eggs to your diet for whole protein and/or doing topical egg treatments to your hair as well?

Sure, I'm down :yep:

I'll probaby add eggs to my hair as I don't eat eggs all that much

Neroli

I'm in! I just ran out of beloved keraphix and don't have to touchup for another 2 months, sooooo, here's my plan (always subject to change, of course!):

• beat whole egg into condish or mix with ayurvedic powders when hair needs protein

• eat at least 1 egg a day -- love whole eggs any style (except raw!) so this should be easy. I say one, cuz if I go whole day without getting near an egg, which can happen, I can always gag now a boiled egg for late nite snack . . . -- I'll try to do 2, but I'm committing to one a day -- is this alright?

• already take a C-complex powder, plus my B-complex has C, so I'm covered there

Irresistible

I'm in! I just ran out of beloved keraphix and don't have to touchup for another 2 months, sooooo, here's my plan (always subject to change, of course!):

• beat whole egg into condish or mix with ayurvedic powders when hair needs protein

• eat at least 1 egg a day -- love whole eggs any style (except raw!) so this should be easy. I say one, cuz if I go whole day without getting near an egg, which can happen, I can always gag now a boiled egg for late nite snack . . . -- I'll try to do 2, but I'm committing to one a day -- is this alright?

• already take a C-complex powder, plus my B-complex has C, so I'm covered there

Girl 1 is fine too. I just said two cause I dunno it seemed like a good amount :lol: but yeah one is fine too-your still getting a dose of whole protein-and l cysteine :yep:

ok cool so your in too! This is gonna bring growth! are you gonna take the l-cysteine too?