GROW YOUR HAIR WITH L-CYSTEINE & EGGS CHALLENGE!

Platinum

I haven't been consistent.:sad: but I'm going to start back on my suppliment. Iris, I love your new siggy.:look:

Garner

I am hanging in there too, Ladies!!! Love eggs anyway!!! Dislike taking supplements (although necessary), however I have noticed increased strength and growth. :)

Irresistible

Just updating ya'll on something VERY important!

I had a problem taking this plus an antibiotic, it litterally felt like my stomach was BURNING from HELL! Please check with your doc on all your meds while taking this! I am fine now but NEVER went through nothing like that before it was very painful! The antibiotic I took was Doxycycline for a throat infection from a bad cold, and laryngitis!

I stopped all use of everything including l-cysteine for several days , and stopped that antibiotics and got pro-biotics and just gave everything a chance to settle down , I am fine and have continued my use of l-cysteine now. But dont want anyone else to go through what I went through, and although I am not 'TOTALY' sure, I do think it was a combo of both the antibiotic and this sulphur amino acid that ultimately caused the issue

Last edited:

Irresistible

anybody else broke this challenge down to just the supps now?

I have, the eggs were good for just so long

I think Ive had a long enough break now to go back though

but my hair is feeling GREAT! :yep:

luckiestdestiny

Curious about Lsystein, is there something else I can eat besides taking the supplement. I'm trying to limit all my intake to natural items, w/ exception to my thyroid medicine and asthma medicine. I have to take that as prescribed. But everything else will be all natural. What can I do to boost the Lsysteine everyone's talking about without taking a pill?

Irresistible

Curious about Lsystein, is there something else I can eat besides taking the supplement. I'm trying to limit all my intake to natural items, w/ exception to my thyroid medicine and asthma medicine. I have to take that as prescribed. But everything else will be all natural. What can I do to boost the Lsysteine everyone's talking about without taking a pill?

Read up on l-cytsteine as much as you can, because its good for Asthma (lungs) too :yep:

also in Eggs, somewhat in Garlic and other stuff (all the info on it is on the front page of the thread)

I'm really glad I'm taking this stuff now

Irresistible

i'm still going strong.

I'm eating more eggs now as I've cut down protein from meat :yep:

Thats good! I fell off with the eggs, but I'm gonna go nuts with Egg Nog haha

oh and a powdered whole egg I'm going to order soon , posted in the raw eggs thread

that I could hang with:yep:

schipperchow1

I'm still eating eggs & taking the cysteine & biotin, though not consistent. Been way too busy:perplexed Irresistible, glad you're better

danigurl18

Yeah!!! 3 people!!! lol.. I find that eating my eggs at night works best for me... but I take my pill in the morning...

Brees_hair

I have been eating 2-3 hard boiled eggs daily...fell off for 2 days when I ran out and didnt buy any...I don't think it affected progress too much. I will be doing this until the end of the year, giving myself three months to see if there is a signifcant difference.

Naturally this is easy for me in the mornings because im always rushing.

I will be sure to report back progress

Irresistible

my hair is doing great. and the protein and l-cysteine are wonderful

I have stopped with the consistent boiled eggs now , now less often but still eating them :lick:

but I just ordered Carnation instant breakfast -the same amount of protein as two whole eggs, plus tons of other great nutrition in them, which means less boiled and no raw eggs for me but the same protein daily :clap: (I will be drinking plenty of egg nog though:yep:) now I'm getting my egg protein this way

and its yummy!

I may have made some changes, but this is something I am sticking with for a looooong time to come:yep:

LucyK

Hello...is anyone still on this challenge? I've been eating the 2 eggs daily and my TWA is growing out at an amazing rate (I should add that I'm taking a multi-vit and blending greens/carrots as well.)...I'm thinking of adding the L Cysteine also...does anyone have any updates?

Irresistible

Hello...is anyone still on this challenge? I've been eating the 2 eggs daily and my TWA is growing out at an amazing rate (I should add that I'm taking a multi-vit and blending greens/carrots as well.)...I'm thinking of adding the L Cysteine also...does anyone have any updates?

I just posted an update recently on my growth

I'm sure my time doing this and still sticking to it here and there has been some part of the growth:yep:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=390212&highlight=

MagnoliaBelle

This challenge is probably over, but I am increasing my protein with eggs, salmon, and a protein shake (raw egg and soy protein powder). Now I'm adding the L-Cysteine and the Amino Acid Supplement. I already take the B-complex and vitamin C. Thanks for all the useful info!:yep:

cairopiper

does NAC, n-acetyl l-cysteine count?

Hi blkgurl2008, I did a search on this thread and it seems that NAC, n-acetyl l-cysteine does count.

The post number I saw it in was #24

N-acetyl-cysteine is the acetylated form of L-cysteine which is more efficiently absorbed and used. It is also an antioxidant that is helpful against viruses. N-acetyl-cysteine has been used as a liver protectant and to break up pulmonary and bronchial mucus. N-acetyl-cysteine can boost glutathione levels in cells.

There's more useful information in that post to read if you'd like.

Sorry but I don't know how to do multiple quotes in a post so wasn't able to do an exact quote for you.

I've just bought some NAC, B complex and Vitamin C so will look to start taking these all tomorrow and hopefully get some good results in a few months. I'm currently doing the egg shake in the mornings so I'm figuring this will really bump up any results I may have, and first and foremost, help me start feeling better.

Cairo
x

cairopiper

I'm still in it! Idk when it was officially over but its apart of my regimen now.. welcome new ladies!

Hi danigurl, thank for the welcome :)

Did you get some good results with this? I have a half moon patch of thinning hair at the front of my head which I'd like to try to revive and hope this along with the egg shake and megatek mixed with oils will all help bring it back to what it should be. It's starting to worry me enough that I'm thinking of seeing a trichologist.

Cairo
x

danigurl18

I definately have good growth with this along with chlorella.. if u check my fotki, you can see my progress and it amazes me.. HHG!