Grow your NAPE - tutorial **PHOTOS**

Ediese

Great tutorial Mook! I did something similiar when I started working on my nape, and it worked wonders!

ETA: lol..didnt' realize I already responded.

SpiritJunkie

Fabulous idea!! I am going to use Dr. Miracle Nape balm and this braiding at night. I plan to wear ponytails so all day won't work.

MRJ1972

Just bumping this thread to see how everyone'e nape progress is coming along...

Also, for those braiding the nape area, are you also wearing a bun with the braid in the back?? I tried the braid with the bun, but I felt like people were staring at my neck all day....:perplexed..Looks kinda weird...My hair is too thin to wear down or in braid outs at this time, so my only choice is a ponytail or bun..

HairBella08

I didn't necessary pin the braid, but the braiding up of my nape actually worked for keeping it moisturized and it finally grew back in. I went from about 1/2 inch to 4 inches and it's still working.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
bump - know this is an old thread but tonight I was looking at my nape and thought - my hair could be so much thicker if my nape was the same length as the rest of my hair. I'm curious as to how to cornrow and pin the nape hair and still bun without it looking crazy. Suggestions?

Missjae09

I don't have a suggestion of how to cornrow the nape with a bun.. unless you wear your bun as low as possible so that it's less noticable, but THANKS for bumping this thread up! my nape grows UBBER S L O W and I was just going crazy trying to figure out how I could still wear my wool coat and not end up with a bald patch where my nape used to be by the end of winter! Now I know! thanks!!!

SleepyJean

I've been doing this ever since I saw this thread, and my nape retained so much length. I credit this for taking me from SL to APL. Of course, I went back between SL and APL when I go lazy, so I'm back doing it. :lol:

REALLY good thread! :yep:

SleepyJean

bump - know this is an old thread but tonight I was looking at my nape and thought - my hair could be so much thicker if my nape was the same length as the rest of my hair. I'm curious as to how to cornrow and pin the nape hair and still bun without it looking crazy. Suggestions?

@divachyk

I use a cotton head band. You may not like the style, but it works for me. :)

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
BUMP

I'm gonna try this. My nape is thin and knots/tangles/breaks very easily. I'm gonna give myself a trim soon, trim off a bit of the nape and start over in that area with the cornrow method.

mshoneyfly

Umm...I cant see the pics. Im at work on my phone. Can anyone explain the gist of the tutorial?

I LOVE this HHJ!!