Grow your NAPE - tutorial **PHOTOS**

PittiPat

This is a great idea. I'm at work and couldn't even wait to try it:grin:. I just parted my nape with my letter opener, rubbed some hand lotion on my hair for moisture and cornrowed it across. I don't have any hair pins with me so... I used a bent paper clip. My nape always gives me problems. Told you I couldn't wait it took me about two minutes. :lachen: And to think I'm the front desk receptionist... glad nobody walked by or came in.:rolleyes:

:lachen:This is a true LHCFer, ladies.

Te'TahHead

This is such a good idea, so creative!!!! I just tried this with my "faux" bob, and it still covered the cornrow in the back.

Thanks so much for posting pics and instructions!

Threadjack:

You hair is gorgeous ( I stalk your fotki). Also, where did you get those earrings?

Thank you:grin:

JustKiya

:yep: That's brilliant!!

For those of ya'll who can't cornrow - like me - a flattwist will provide the same results.

Mook's hair

This is a great idea. I'm at work and couldn't even wait to try it:grin:. I just parted my nape with my letter opener, rubbed some hand lotion on my hair for moisture and cornrowed it across. I don't have any hair pins with me so... I used a bent paper clip. My nape always gives me problems. Told you I couldn't wait it took me about two minutes. :lachen: And to think I'm the front desk receptionist... glad nobody walked by or came in.:rolleyes:

Oh hot DAMN!!! :lachen:You are So Wild for that one!!!
A Paper Clip...I'm lovin' the ingenuity.
That sounds just like me, I would do the same thing. :lachen:sittin' right at work! :lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
What a fantastic idea! Now all I need to do is learn how to cornrow :ohwell:

Lady Esquire

This really works. My aunt use to do my cousins hair like this, at the kitchens and two at the front around the edges.

This summer my daughters hair broke off around the edges at her face, she had about 1" of hair there. I did the two cornrows the months of July/August and it helped protect her hair and she was able to gain some length. Now you'll never know that the hair had broken off their. It's about 7" long and blends with the other hair.

I braid both my dd's hair like this almost all the time in the crown to protect their edges. I did the same for my nape when I first started on my healthy hair journey...my hair was in really bad shape in patches in the nape. Then I BC'd and started doing this under a wig, but I never threaded it the way you do...that is creative. I simply used a bobby pin. My nape is in tip top shape! It works. :yep:

JerriBlank

Very smart idea! I will be trying this if i decide to keep my hair down longer than a day or two between c&g'ing.
After i take my braids down,i can't wait to see how this will work for me.

Mook's hair

Ladies, I also wanted to tell you that I was doing this while Braided

Originally there were 6 individual braids on my nape. But they kept slipping out. Well, some of them I kept pulling out - I got tired of putting them back in so I moisturized and braided it straight across. Even when I put the braids in a ponytail you couldn't see that row unless I pulled my hair up. these photos are from August before I figured out how to weave the tail back into the braid.

scarcity21

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

scarcity21

Ladies, I also wanted to tell you that I was doing this while Braided

Originally there were 6 individual braids on my nape. But they kept slipping out. Well, some of them I kept pulling out - I got tired of putting them back in so I moisturized and braided it straight across. Even when I put the braids in a ponytail you couldn't see that row unless I pulled my hair up. these photos are from August before I figured out how to weave the tail back into the braid.

This is exactly what I do!!! i got the idea from some1's fotki...cant remember right now

BrooklynSouth

I wear wigs every day now except some weekends which is allowed on the WIG CHALLANGE. I recall this idea a while back but at the time I was still daily bun/braiding...wigs make it easier. Thanks, Mooks..you are the best, excellent tutorial with great photo edits:yep:.

isisalisa

you are brillant. :notworthy I have been wanting to do this but was stuck with that stupid tail. I will trying this tommorrow. The rest of my hair grows past my nape all the time. making my hair look thin. THank you Thank you.

almondjoi85

*PLEASE DON'T LAUGH* But here is my attempt because REMEMBER I can't cornrow... this is my first time trying, but I need to learn because my nape is in super bad condition plus I'm 10 weeks post...I moisturize it all the time and nothing helps but I think this might work for me.

ChasingBliss

Hey that's a really neat idea. But I'm almost positive it would have given me fine bumps on my neck. I grew my nape to my bra strap using s curl.