Grow your NAPE - tutorial **PHOTOS**

Keen

*PLEASE DON'T LAUGH* But here is my attempt because REMEMBER I can't cornrow... this is my first time trying, but I need to learn because my nape is in super bad condition plus I'm 10 weeks post...I moisturize it all the time and nothing helps but I think this might work for me.

That's good enough. Practice makes perfect. Soon you'll be a pro. I'm definetely going to try this. My name is my main problem.

discobiscuits

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!!

I never would have come up w/ this on my own. I'll be trying this from now on since I am transitioning for the second time, I am cornrowing my own hair from now until my natural hair is the same length as my hair is now so this will be GREAT for me! ((((HUG))))

:goodone: :clapping::nicethread::thankyou:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just can't get the hang of using 3 strands of hair to braid.:blush: Can someone give me a tip that helped them? If I can't get it, I'll try the 2 strand twist method.

Ivonnovi

Great idea. I have a "sloppy & uneven" nape that's not too cute when I bun, whichis a daily requirement.

From now on I will cornrow the nape at night to establish a wavy pattern that looks more complimentary when my hair is bunned or up. Scarfing alone won't help this area.

I've tried growing it out but that area does not respond well to perms and always breaks off.

Aggie

Thanks a lot for this idea. I will incorporate this in my WIG Challenge 2008. It seems to be perfect for Falls to wear in my BOOTCAMP Challenge 2008 as well.

LaPaciencia

I just can't get the hang of using 3 strands of hair to braid.:blush: Can someone give me a tip that helped them? If I can't get it, I'll try the 2 strand twist method.

I can only cornrow my nape if I tilt my head to the side so my hair falls with gravity. I also take down the braid and alternate the side I start braiding on so I don't over stress one side and most importantly I don't braid it too tight. I hope that helps! :spinning:

LaPaciencia

Great idea. I have a "sloppy & uneven" nape that's not too cute when I bun, whichis a daily requirement.

From now on I will cornrow the nape at night to establish a wavy pattern that looks more complimentary when my hair is bunned or up. Scarfing alone won't help this area.

I've tried growing it out but that area does not respond well to perms and always breaks off.

I know there are some other threads that mention this but...
If you get your relaxers done at the shop beware of the SHAMPOO BOWL AREA THAT TOUCHES THE NAPE:burning:!!! This is one of my pet peaves! I always try to make sure the stylist pays extra attention to this area since the relaxer tends to stick to the bowl behind the neck and can cause super overprocessing! I like to have them wipe or wash the relaxer area off the bowl and neutralize and wash that nape area with TLC!

scarcity21

Mook...question...how would u use this method if u were to get cornrows going back...i understand with micros u can kinda hide if by wearing ur pony low but with CRs going back how would this look/work? TIA

Ivonnovi

[/b]I know there are some other threads that mention this but...
If you get your relaxers done at the shop beware of the SHAMPOO BOWL AREA THAT TOUCHES THE NAPE:burning:!!! This is one of my pet peaves! I always try to make sure the stylist pays extra attention to this area since the relaxer tends to stick to the bowl behind the neck and can cause super overprocessing! I like to have them wipe or wash the relaxer area off the bowl and neutralize and wash that nape area with TLC!

WONDERFUL Tip. I do my own hair, now; but i'm sure this tip will help someone

bravenewgirl87

I seriously hate the fact that I don't have photoshop! I feel you on that one! I/m going to start doing sew-ins only on the back part of my hair because it grows so frickin slow.

krissyprissy

Thanks for the tutorial. I have been trying to grow my nape back after a bad relaxer for a year now. This will help alot :)

Ediese

This is exactly what I've done to grow back my nape. I did a little extra moisturizing, and never put it up in a ponytail. I cornrowed it and pinned it...works wonders!