♡Growing Long, Healthy, Relaxed/Natural Hair is Possible!♡

Have You Grown Your Hair From NL to MBL or longer?

• Yes, it was easy for me

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Yes, but it was hard work

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • No, my genetics or products prevent it from happening

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Not yet, but I'm hoping I can

Votes: 91 65.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tllundy

♡INSPIRING!! From NL to Long, Healthy MBL/WL is Possible!♡

:lick::lick::reddancer:Reedited: Not me, I found this video posted on hairlista and decided to pass on. I don't really post much, but I like this video.

To be completely honest, I have neck length hair and it's easy to get advice from people with little to no hair or those who have always had long hair. :ohwell:

I've had trouble growing my hair and I think getting advice from people that really started from NL or below and achieved great lengths is just motivating to me.
:grin:

That is why I am so inspired by this video and thought some of you would be too!! So enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0ef3-TwNM

Last edited:

abcd09

op is this you? if you don't mind me asking, what changes did you make, regimen did you follow?

longfroinghair

Wow!!! I Loved the video! Great Inspiration :yep:
And the Color Looks A-Mazing!! I like this cause it shows you can have long, healthy, relaxed AND color treated hair if you take the time to know what works for you:yep:

blackberry815

She used to be a member here and had a blog i used to follow... I think she deleted everything and never resubscribed here

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Man, her hair is pretty and she managed to grow it out even with it being double processed -- relaxed and colored. That is not an easy thing to do. Talk about inspiring and it looks so healthy. Stuff like this makes me want to color my hair too. *le sigh*

tllundy

Man, her hair is pretty and she managed to grow it out even with it being double processed -- relaxed and colored. That is not an easy thing to do. Talk about inspiring and it looks so healthy. Stuff like this makes me want to color my hair too. *le sigh*

Me too. I love her color. Raven, do you want dye it red, brown, or blonde? I'm thinking something with honey highlights. :yep:

camilla

Thats my story as well but not as damaged i cut to nape after a golden blondish color after going to the dominiicans for a while it was growing but i was not retaining length bc she did not know ho to "trim" it would grow three inches she would cut two every few months after i STOPPED going to the salon and joined this site, relax three to four times a year reduced heat,protective styles (weaves and lace wigs/glueless and followed sisterslick's advice i am mid back on my way to waist summer 2012 (fingers crossed)
ps i do use direct heat once or twice a month

Raspberry

Same here.. but I won't :lol:. I have some color in my relaxed hair left over from when I dyed my locs, most of the dye was taken up by shed hair in my locs and the hair in the core was mostly untouched so now it looks like I have highlights. I like the look but I'm too scared to double process my relaxed hair, just not worth the risk of added dryness.

Kindheart

I have to admit that when my hair was relaxed was less full but alot longer than in its natural state (flat ironed comparison)It seemed much easier to care and style my hair then,although in the long run i ve had thinning and shedding problems that was resolved with a bit of tlc .I find what worked for me is moisturizing and protecting hair during the night .Thats it really .

Blkprincess

It was easier for me to reach waist length when my hair was texlaxed. Never used heat, cowashes, & rollersets. I've been natural for 3 yrs now, I'm almost shoulder length I think. A bout with alopecia. I never straighten or use heat. But ssk's and splits, mid shaft splits have become my worst enemy and I'm scissor-happy! Don't know if I'll ever get like full shoulder or APL at this rate. I have like 4z hair very dry, but it is a lot thicker or fuller.

beans4reezy

I remember her. AS I recall, using ceramides really turned her hair around. Very inspiring. Her hair is beautiful.

EbonyCPrincess

I voted no not yet, but I have gone from NL to BSL, but had to trim back to APL due to HORRIBLE ends. No I am not one of those who is on a constant quest for perfect ends, they literally HAD to go. So I do know it is possible...I just haven't been able to prove it just yet. I love that person's hair, I remember her update video from last year. LOVELY hair!