Growth aid success photos

anniev2

I am on the fence about growth aids. I want to make myself comfortable with my natural rate of growth without having to use Aproduct. This is similar to the reason I wanted to be natural and not use the creamy crack (affectionately). But I am willing to try anything until this PJ stage runs its course.

So I know lots of ladies here use growth aids like MegaTek and Ovation Cell Therapy but I wanted to see proof of the pudding. Please post your success photos or refer us to your fotiki folder for all to see.

Also, if you are using or have used a growth aid...

A - How long will you use it?

B - What is your current/goal length?

C - Anyone have negative affects from them?

D - What products have given you similar or relatively similar results?

Eclass215

Well I'm doing a little experiment (not scientific) to see whether or not the Megatek really helped me at all. It's flawed because things are always changing, but I am trying to be as consistent as I can without limiting myself too much. In my siggy, it shows the progress I made while using Megatek. As of January, I stopped. So in another 4 months we'll see how much progress I make and if it is any different than when I was using Megatek.

A - How long will you use it? I used two bottles over 4 months.

B - What is your current/goal length? My current goal length is full APL

C - Anyone have negative affects from them? I didn't have any.

D - What products have given you similar or relatively similar results? This is my first time trying growth aids so I can't compare to anything other than my normal wash/cond./dc routine. I was looking for something new.

CHECKMATE!

I am using Patience's Hair Growth oil:look:....I have seen great growth:grin:...Progress pic in my siggy...click on the pic to see the other pics:yep:

~Hair~Fetish~

Well I'm doing a little experiment (not scientific) to see whether or not the Megatek really helped me at all. It's flawed because things are always changing, but I am trying to be as consistent as I can without limiting myself too much. In my siggy, it shows the progress I made while using Megatek. As of January, I stopped. So in another 4 months we'll see how much progress I make and if it is any different than when I was using Megatek.

A - How long will you use it? I used two bottles over 4 months.

B - What is your current/goal length? My current goal length is full APL

C - Anyone have negative affects from them? I didn't have any.

D - What products have given you similar or relatively similar results? This is my first time trying growth aids so I can't compare to anything other than my normal wash/cond./dc routine. I was looking for something new.

You received a lot of growth. :yep: Why'd you stop?:blush:

1babydimple

This is when I first used MTG, only used it on the edges. Just started back last month using it all over - this should be interesting since I'm transitioning.:perplexed

Jan 9, 2006-----------Jan16, 2006----- - March 2006

Week by, week photos in fotki. http://public.fotki.com/1babydimple/mtg_challenge/

Just started again - maybe until June

New growth is neck, relaxed I' don't count

just the smell

none, but I've only tried MTG and MT

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I have not seen enough proof that all this stuff works - so I will wait for REAL pics.... Anyone????

I agree.

I DO think that growth aids can effectively help someone suffering from some hair loss for whatever reason. I think a growth aid can help the person get over a hump a little faster.

But over all I don't see any fantastic results. None that would be worth the extra time and, in some cases, side effects of using them.

I have used growth aids and I know that some can make hair grow faster in some ways. But I have never used them long enough to see if that growth can be sustained over a long period or slows after some time.

Most of the pics I see show growth that I can get alone without the aids.

soooooo.........pics I will wait for. :)

HoneyDew

I never understand that part :nono:

I tried MN once and got a lot of growth and I stopped. There are many reason why people stop though - tired of applying to scalp all the time, side effects, other things became more important, etc.

Auburn

I tried MN once and got a lot of growth and I stopped. There are many reason why people stop though - tired of applying to scalp all the time, side effects, other things became more important, etc.

I hear you. I would stop if I experienced any side effects too. Other than that, if my main goal is to grow my hair fast, I wont slack ESPECIALLY if I see its working for me.

I made sure that I can apply my moe gro oil within 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Urban

I am on the fence myself. Most of the photos I see, it looks like the person is getting the normal growth rate to me.

I'm on the fence too. Just wanted to point out that what if the people in the pics weren't experiencing a "normal" growth rate before? i.e. if their growth rate was 0.3" but increased to the "normal" 0.5" post growth aide ... in that respect, it works right? It's just that what's normal to some, is not normal for everyone.

1babydimple

I mainly stopped because I was only trying to fix that one side of my edges that had relaxer damage. In 3 wks it had filled in completely so I didn't need it. Now I'm trying to be below SL (new growth) by June.

jamaicalovely

Megatek, OCT, Claudie's Elixir,

Started using Megatek in July/August
Forever!

SL/BSL

Nope

none

Here are more pics.

1st pic - Aug 08, 2nd pic - Feb 09
Feel free to visit my fotki, address below.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 17

supermodelsonya

I'm on the fence too. Just wanted to point out that what if the people in the pics weren't experiencing a "normal" growth rate before? i.e. if their growth rate was 0.3" but increased to the "normal" 0.5" post growth aide ... in that respect, it works right? It's just that what's normal to some, is not normal for everyone.

I totally agree. In order to make that statement, you would have to know what that person's normal growth rate is:yep:

that_1_grrrl

Yeah, I agree. It's just people don't really state what they're normal growth rate is, so it never looks all that exciting to me. I have seen a few where I was blown away.

msa

I totally agree. In order to make that statement, you would have to know what that person's normal growth rate is:yep:

Then the person stating they had amazing growth would have to know what their "normal" growth rate was in the first place.

Most of the time, folks who start threads showing "proof" of their results from growth aids don't have any proof of what their growth rate was before they started the aid.

On top of that, it seems like most people are doing a whole bunch of different things at once which could have affected the amount of growth they're reporting. I mean how can you say MT gave you an inch in a month if you also changed your diet, added supplements, starting exercising regularly, doing scalp massages daily, and used BT, Bee Mine, &MN all in the same period of time?

And please don't get me started on progress pictures and how they're rarely accurate and done in the same way in both the before and after pictures.

Personally, I think topical growth aids are nonsense, excluding medication for scalp issues and the like. The only "growth aid" I believe in is a healthy lifestyle.