Growth spurt - 1 inch in 2 weeks, but weird.

Edie

Yes, my hair grew 1 inch in two weeks. But get this it is only on the last inchor so of hair at the back (nape area. The rest grew a half inch. I am debating whether to trim it or not. It looks weird because that last inch or so looks thinner than the rest of hair in back. I started giving myself massages a few weeks ago. That may have helped. But the back part of my hair has always grown faster the rest of my hair. But it's more than the last inch or so in the back.

ChasingBliss

WOOOOOAH
! I wish I had your head. The back of my hair grows faster than the rest too, but never that fast
. That's amazing.

Edie

My hair has had growth spurts of 2 inches per month especially in the warmer months. But the thing that is weird about this one is that is that it is not the entire back area, only the last inch or so near the nape. I had my husband trim half an inch off last night. He complained about cutting that half inch off saying that the rest of the hair would catch up. I said "just trim it please". He goes into this long drawn out speech about how long it took me to grow it and that he hoped I would grow it even longer. I told him to shut up and trim it or I would beat him with it. He actually got this look on his face as if he would like it.
Men are fools for long hair.
But I have finally reached waist length anyway.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
Edie said:
My hair has had growth spurts of 2 inches per month especially in the warmer months. But the thing that is weird about this one is that is that it is not the entire back area, only the last inch or so near the nape. I had my husband trim half an inch off last night. He complained about cutting that half inch off saying that the rest of the hair would catch up. I said "just trim it please". He goes into this long drawn out speech about how long it took me to grow it and that he hoped I would grow it even longer. I told him to shut up and trim it or I would beat him with it. He actually got this look on his face as if he would like it.
Men are fools for long hair.
But I have finally reached waist length anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes many of them are. That's wonderful that you've reached waist length. Cant wait to reach that goal myself. Im hoping around some time next summer.

Isis

You grow girl!! Congratulations! Those weird spurts sound like those "tails" some of us have been experiencing. 1 inch in two weeks is amazing and wonderful! I too look forward to seeing your hair pics Edie!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Super_Hero_Girl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Edie, whats your regime??? do u have pics???

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to know too, please!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where r u Edie?

Edie

My regime has been wearing a wig for the last year and a half to protect my hair and only wearing it out in a bun on weekends. I take vitamins as follows:

Andrew Lessman hair skin and nails - 2 every day
Biotin 8 mg a day (but I did take 12mg per day for a year, but had to reduce due to heavy heavy periods)
Vitamin C, E, primrose oil, silica, delinea (hard to find), sea kelp, chlorophyll, chorella, powdered MSM and spirulina.

Shampoo once or twice a week
Mild Protein Condition once a week
Strong Protein Condition every 4 to 6 weeks

As to the products I use, please do a search on my user name to find out all the products I use. Sorry if I missed anything.

Oh and as for pictures that is going to be a while. I just bought a new computer, speakers, printer and monitor and it cost over $2500 so the bells and whistles are going to have to wait. With all that and the cost of all the hair products that I buy (Yes I am a hair product PJ).

and other living expenses, the pictures are in the distant future. I am going to need help when I do that so I am going to have to talk to my son about this.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
wow! it's been a year since i've seen this thread! thanks for sharing your regime. Edie!

any pics yet? :grin:

Diane71

I get growth spurts once in a while but an inch in 2 weeks sounds too good to be true. I nornmally get the most growth in the back and kitchen area of my head. My sides and top area grow in too but just not as fast and as thick as the back. I have been getting anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 inches of new growth in about 6 weeks but never 2 weeks!! You go Poohbear!!!

Texture: 4b thick and course (oh boy!! I dread wash days)
Hair goal for this year: 5 inches past brastrap by December..
I have roughly 3 1/2 more inches to go and there are 5 more
months left of this year....I might exceed my goal!!!
New pics added http://public.fotki.com/Diane71

Edie

I have not bought a scanner yet. As I said in a post in one of the other forums, my son has been diagnosed with a disability and a lot of our money has been going to buy his medication and to doctor's fees ($800.00 a month) and I am broke right now. As my finances improve, I will put that on list of things to buy. Will keep you guys posted as things improve. My hair is just above waist length now. I think I will keep it there for a while.