Gym and DivineI, Ladies, I'm Back in the Stretch Game!

janeemat

Woo Hooo! Well, you know I was at wits end with this ng on Wed. So I took the advice of you all and decided to try washing one more time. I did a hot oil prepoo using coconut oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil applying it mainly to the ng. I then added a little of my cond to the hair and sat under the dryer for 25 min. I then comb my hair carefully before pooing. I used Aveda DR to poo followed by ADR treatment under the dryer for 25 min. As I was rinsing, I could tell this was going to be a good day. The I applied my ADR cond leaving it on in the shower for a few min. Work it through my hair and I was able to comb it through without even using water. Once I began rinsing the comb just slipped right through! I was soooo excited. My hair was so much easier to handle today. I only used the Elixir and Curressence as leave ins. I did my version of rod set using small magnetic rollers. I'm under the dryer now. So to continue this stretch, I plan to ride the Aveda wave along with hot oil treatments.

Oil is really a life saver once you know who to use them. I am going to do an overnight oil treatment in the next couple of days with a mix of alma and olive oil. My newgrowth is really thick right now. I was thisclose to buying some relaxer but I said, I gotta wait and consult my stretching buddy first. So we are still pushing for another 2,3,4 weeks?/

Glad you found something that works too :yep:
I'll be stretching right with you ladies. I just relaxed 6 weeks ago, my next relaxer will be in early October. Hoping to be APL by then! :)

gymfreak336 said:
Oil is really a life saver once you know who to use them. I am going to do an overnight oil treatment in the next couple of days with a mix of alma and olive oil. My newgrowth is really thick right now. I was thisclose to buying some relaxer but I said, I gotta wait and consult my stretching buddy first. So we are still pushing for another 2,3,4 weeks?/

Another 2 wks would put me at 14wks. This will be my longest stretch so far. I will be happy at that point.

Gymfreak, how long have you stretched for?

I think I'm going to get the relaxer done soon. But I'm trying to be less relaxed than I was last time.

seraphinelle said:
Gymfreak, how long have you stretched for?

I think I'm going to get the relaxer done soon. But I'm trying to be less relaxed than I was last time.

I am sitting right at 7 1/2 right now but I have a LOT of newgrowth. My hair also really doesn't like to much stretching and when I use growth aids, 8 is sometimes a stretch:ohwell:

Ladies, do we already have a stretching support thread started somewhere? If not, might I propose starting one. I need you lovely ladies to help me get through this stretch, as I'm finding that this particular one is becoming difficult for me. The last stretch was for 4 months. This time, with the use of growth aids, I don't think I'll be able to last that long. In the meantime, thanks for your helpful hints about taking care of newgrowth. I am thrilled, Janeemat, that you have found something that works for you. I'm taking my very long walk home from work today and I think that I may stop at the Aveda store on my way home and pick up the Aveda DR. I've heard too much great stuff about this...

Serenity_Peace said:
Ladies, do we already have a stretching support thread started somewhere? If not, might I propose starting one. I need you lovely ladies to help me get through this stretch, as I'm finding that this particular one is becoming difficult for me. The last stretch was for 4 months. This time, with the use of growth aids, I don't think I'll be able to last that long. In the meantime, thanks for your helpful hints about taking care of newgrowth. I am thrilled, Janeemat, that you have found something that works for you. I'm taking my very long walk home from work today and I think that I may stop at the Aveda store on my way home and pick up the Aveda DR. I've heard too much great stuff about this...

How many wks post are you now? You will love the Aveda DR line. It is just so expensive. That's why I've tried to use it less in the rotation. But I've discovered that I'll have to once I get around 10-12 wks ng.

janeemat said:
How many wks post are you now? You will love the Aveda DR line. It is just so expensive. That's why I've tried to use it less in the rotation. But I've discovered that I'll have to once I get around 10-12 wks ng.

I'm 5 weeks post. Maybe I can wait until I'm 10 weeks post instead. I've been buying far too many products and I need to reign in my PJ Alter Ego.:lol:

Back