Hair Accessories/toys Thread

Mapleoats

I'm loving the hair stick life right now :). I bought these a few years ago but my hair wasn't long enough at the time, and then I completely forgot I had them. They work like a charm now and such a fun and simple way to style my blown out hair. Now I need more. And if they work on a twist out? It's game over for hair ties for me :look: 5C9373C0-1B52-4155-B29F-BA935F3DCE88.jpeg26CD7A62-752B-4367-8D9C-F3E0033EEB9A.jpeg

Lylddlebit

I absolutely love helix hair forks!
I have a few pricy ones from ChurchStreetAndLove and BoGuArt that are beautiful! I want a few from FurnivalsWorkshop but the store options have been sparse for a while and I want to see what Claire makes and posts instead a of placing a custom order, if I can. I will come back to post some of mine later. I just bought a really nice and unique one from BoGuArt in Italy that I cannot wait to get into my hair. I want to include that in the photo. So I will post after I get it. I prefer the natural wood or antler ones that allow the natural beauty of the material to come through and accent/embellishments that are minimal(if any), but even the painted, non natural materials or more ornate ones are very nice. Once my BoGoArt one arrives I will have 4 of the really nice ones.

I may make some customer orders (for example I really want a triple helix and one with a specially carved topper design) but I have been holding off because I prefer sales given that these can start around $50 and reach prices upwards of $100 for each one. That is expensive for something that isn't a natural stone or precious metal to me but I like them and consider the ones I own worth it. They are very durable and are great for thick lengths and or long lengths. I actually found my favorites while looking to replace goody spin pins which work great too and are very cheap and practical option to hold a lot of hair in place with one or pins(they are helix shaped also)

The regular hair forks and hair stick are very nice too and I can see myself getting some of those later but I have been getting regular use out of hair my helix forks when I am not wearing my hair down.

I will be back to post my favorites once my more recent item arrives.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

Here are my 4 very nice helix forks ones. The one in my hair and all the way to the left(within the picture of 4) with the resin topper came in the mail today. Helix forks twist into your hair and hold it securely in place. I found them on accident when I lost one of goody spin pins and looked to get more. These forks are the much larger, heavy duty, decorative version of those. I like the way they look and hold with my hair when it is natural or in a stretched but not straightened state, but they work well any time I want to secure my hair firmly. The one I got today is from BoGuArt: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoGuArt?ref=nla_listing_details

The rest are from ChurchStreetAndLove

There are options that are more ornate and beautiful, but I like classic ones more. If they have embellishments, I prefer they be minimal. The instagram page for ChurchSt.andlove includes more of the ornate ones as examples.

Attachments

• In Hair(new).jpg
    In Hair(new).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Helix Forks.jpg
    Helix Forks.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

snoop

Here are my 4 very nice helix forks ones. The one in my hair and all the way to the left(within the picture of 4) with the resin topper came in the mail today. Helix forks twist into your hair and hold it securely in place. I found them on accident when I lost one of goody spin pins and looked to get more. These forks are the much larger, heavy duty, decorative version of those. I like the way they look and hold with my hair when it is natural or in a stretched but not straightened state, but they work well any time I want to secure my hair firmly. The one I got today is from BoGuArt: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoGuArt?ref=nla_listing_details

The rest are from ChurchStreetAndLove

There are options that are more ornate and beautiful, but I like classic ones more. If they have embellishments, I prefer they be minimal. The instagram page for ChurchSt.andlove includes more of the ornate ones as examples.

You had me at "spin pin". I pulled out one this week for the first time in ages. I couldn't get it to work for me for some reason but one used them on my twists and loved them. These helix forms look beautiful! I'll have to save and get one.

On the note of spin pins, have you ever tried Goodie's spin bun spiral? They don't seem to make them anymore and I'm kicking myself for not picking one up to try, back in the day. I'm wondering if they were any good or if there is anything like them on the market now.

Lylddlebit

I have not tried the bun spiral but I looked at a video this morning and I could use one!. I really love simple tools that keep my hair secure. I have a place for that. I found one on eBay and got it. I am not sure if the eBay site is the same in Canada.

I kid you not ,I have the same set of spin pins from around 2008 and I love those things. I keep planning on buying another set or two but always forget to. Let me get it now, while it is on my mind. They can hold all my hair in place with just one, even when it is at classic length and the spin pins are very inexpensive.

Last edited:

snoop

I have not tried the bun spiral but I looked at a video this morning and I could use one!. I really love simple tools that keep my hair secure. I have a place for that. I found one on eBay and got it. I am not sure if the eBay site is the same in Canada.

I kid you not I have the same set of spin spin from around 2008 and I love those things. I keep planning on buying another set or two but always forget to . Let me get it now while it is on my mind. They can hold all my hair in place with just one, even when it is at classic length and the spin pins are very inexpensive.

Yes! I've had mine that long too, I just keep forgetting to use them.

If I sit and wind my hair properly I can pin my hair in place, but I have no idea what I was doing the day other than just feeling myself because I feel like my twists are getting longer. :lol: I low key wanted to have a reason to put my hair up only to take it down a few times.
I'm going to to see about shipping of this cuff. I don't need it, but I've been telling myself since I bought the pins that I do.