Hair Anorexia

Denim And Leather

I've seen a couple of posts here lately from some of the ladies here about re-setting their goals for a longer hair length than they initally had. I'm the same way.

When I started my journey, I was barely APL and was shooting for BSL and that would've been that for me. But NOOOOO, now that I'm just about BSL, MBL still doesn't seem long enough to me, so I've gone straight to waist length or tail bone length as my ultimate goals. :eek: :lol:

Sometimes I think that I might have to actually be sitting on my hair before I'd consider it long! :lol:

How many of you ladies are suffering from hair anorexia and is there a cure it?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
Me..and the reason is because of my bangs & sides..my hair is coming pretty close to APL..it longer than what's in my avatar..but because my bangs/sides are shorter I feel like my hair is shorter than what it actually is. I think I may stasrt my goal over based on the growth of my sides.

breezy

Me...and I don't even have long hair yet! I've made a little progress since I started in January, but I have a feeling that however long my hair gets it will never be enough. My ultimate goal is a little below brastrap which I'll hopefully make in a year and a half...I hope this will satisfy me but I doubt it :look:

Denim And Leather

It's nice to know that I'm not alone! :lol:

camellia said:
Sorry, I don't know of a cure, it's terminal! :lachen:

Yes, I suffer from hair anorexia. There are a lot of us.:look:

Camellia, you have such beautiful hair that passes your tailbone, and you suffer from hair anorexia?!:eek: That's a bad case! :lol:

goldensensation

Denim And Leather said:
It's nice to know that I'm not alone! :lol:

Camellia, you have such beautiful hair that passes your tailbone, and you suffer from hair anorexia?!:eek: That's a bad case! :lol:

lol. I, too, am a sufferer. :look: Like, i see it, but i dont feel it. Even when it's straight, I dont feel it.

crlsweetie912

goldensensation said:
lol. I, too, am a sufferer. :look: Like, i see it, but i dont feel it. Even when it's straight, I dont feel it.

Goldensensation: There are many women here and in other places that would die (not literally, I think:confused: ) to have hair as full and lush as yours! You are blessed.

goldensensation

crlsweetie912 said:
Goldensensation: There are many women here and in other places that would die (not literally, I think:confused: ) to have hair as full and lush as yours! You are blessed.

:lachen:

Thank you, crls! For the compliment AND the laugh.

Denim And Leather

I agree with crlsweetie912, your hair is so pretty, GS. I love the waves! I don't see how you don't feel your hair when it's nice and thick. Me, my hair is so fine that it feels almost invisible, like a feather. :lol:

I guess I'll have to add you to the list of chronic sufferers! :lol:

KhandiB

*sigh*

I have it really really bad...

my husband hid the scissors from me this weekend ;;;

I think my hair looks unhealthy .. :(

Wishin4BSL

If I make it to BSL, I don't believe that I will have hair anorexia unless it's about getting it thicker. I know that I won't want it longer than that. If I did get it longer, I would always wear it up and I don't want that.

crlsweetie912

Khandi's hair is gawdeous! It looks like 1,000,000,000,000...bucks in person. It's thick and lush. Pictures don't do it justice!

silvergirl

ill admit it,, i have hair anorexia........

at first when i came here i wanted brastrap length..

i got there then i wanted waist length (when stretched)

NOW that im transitioning i want natural waist length (unstretched) hair lol

MissYocairis

I have it. Especially once I hit that 10th week of a 16-week stretch and my hair appears to be even shorter than it was after the last touchup. And, now that I am doing low manipulation for GHLW Challenge, I wear a lot of braid out, crinkly or curly styles that do not show length. My apl hair is on my shoulders. Only time I see length is soaking wet out of the shower or if I blow it dry. Even then, it's not my goal. Nevermind that my hair has never been this long. Nevermind that I wore my hair in a base of neck bob for years. Nevermind that the longest my hair has ever been prior to LHCF was about a solid shoulder length but still 2 inches from BSL. Now, I want waistlength. :look:

KhandiB

Thank you..

I dont feel that way often, you know I got issues :)

crlsweetie912 said:
Khandi's hair is gawdeous! It looks like 1,000,000,000,000...bucks in person. It's thick and lush. Pictures don't do it justice!

sareca

Although I recognize I'm making progress if I ain't there yet (full-BSL) it don't count. :(

Cichelle

I don't know if I would call it hair anorexia. But it is very true that my goal has adjusted since I started this journey. I was thinking waist length, then I thought, hmmm...hip length would be nice...and then I thought, hey, I'd LOVE tailbone length.

Right now I'm saying Imma let it grow as long as it will grow. :look:

leleepop

I use to think collarbone length was loooong....now my hair is inches past and its not as long as I thought anymore. I thought I just wanted armpit but now I want it all one length,bsl,the same texture,blunt ends,etc,etc,etc,.....After I reach this ultimate goal ihope I'm still as excited about my hair as I am today.

Denim And Leather

CantBeCopied said:
I have it. Especially once I hit that 10th week of a 16-week stretch and my hair appears to be even shorter than it was after the last touchup. And, now that I am doing low manipulation for GHLW Challenge, I wear a lot of braid out, crinkly or curly styles that do not show length. My apl hair is on my shoulders. Only time I see length is soaking wet out of the shower or if I blow it dry. Even then, it's not my goal. Nevermind that my hair has never been this long. Nevermind that I wore my hair in a base of neck bob for years. Nevermind that the longest my hair has ever been prior to LHCF was about a solid shoulder length but still 2 inches from BSL. Now, I want waistlength. :look:

Same here. I'm almost 8 weeks post and the new growth is making my hair anorexia worse! And besides wearing a weave for years, my hair never grew past my shoulders. The length my hair is now is the longest it's ever been, too.

BTW, did you ever get that trim you had talked about?

KiniKakes

:lol: Girl, you know I am a CLASSIC case of hair anorexia. I honestly HATE to wear my hair down because it feels sooo short to me. I mean, when i look at my progress pictures it looks "decent" and somewhat long. But i feel that it looks a lot shorter in person. I cant stand to look in the mirror for a long time, because it just seems to get shorter and shorter the longer i stare. I hate how fine/thin it is.... hate it, hate it, hate it! I would kill for more thickness! :p (Okay, well I wouldnt quite resort to murder, but.... you know what im saying)

I honestly dont think i will be happy until blunt waist length. I think thats when i'll feel like i "truly" have long hair. Until that time, im always gonna feel like a "long hair phony."

*sigh* I know i have it so bad!!!! :lachen: I really wish there was a cure!!!!

KiniKakes

Wishin4BSL said:
If I make it to BSL, I don't believe that I will have hair anorexia unless it's about getting it thicker. I know that I won't want it longer than that. If I did get it longer, I would always wear it up and I don't want that.

:lol: :lol: Uh huh! Famous last words, girl! :lachen: J/k!!!!!! :p

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
Ok I'll admit it.

It'll never be about thickness. When in a low ponytail, with no product, my pony tail can be seen from the front. I know it's plenty thick.

But I think it's so short. But since it's so thick I think I'll look stupid with it much longer than this. I have no idea what to do.

Denim And Leather

KiniKakes said:
:lol: Girl, you know I am a CLASSIC case of hair anorexia. I honestly HATE to wear my hair down because it feels sooo short to me. I mean, when i look at my progress pictures it looks "decent" and somewhat long. But i feel that it looks a lot shorter in person. I cant stand to look in the mirror for a long time, because it just seems to get shorter and shorter the longer i stare. I hate how fine/thin it is.... hate it, hate it, hate it! I would kill for more thickness! :p (Okay, well I wouldnt quite resort to murder, but.... you know what im saying)

I honestly dont think i will be happy until blunt waist length. I think thats when i'll feel like i "truly" have long hair. Until that time, im always gonna feel like a "long hair phony."

*sigh* I know i have it so bad!!!! :lachen: I really wish there was a cure!!!!

I am feeling you, chicka! One reason (though not the main one) I don't wear my hair down is because it doesn't feel long enough. When I do wear it down, it feels like I've got feathers attached to my head instead of hair it feels so light! :lol: I've spent most of my life wishing I had thicker hair, so I envy the girls here with beautiful long thick hair, like Lauren's or macherieamour's. And oftentimes when I'm checking out the length, it will look the same length it was when I started my hair jouney, especially my ponytail. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised think even when my hair gets to waist length, I'll still think it's not long enough.....

I tell you, it's madness!:lol: :ohwell:

Denim And Leather

Wishin4BSL said:

I used to think the same thing, B4BSL. But that changed real fast! :lol:

KiniKakes

Denim And Leather said:
I wouldn't be surprised think even when my hair gets to waist length, I'll still think it's not long enough.....
I tell you, it's madness!:lol: :ohwell:

Me too!!! :lol: And i know that is sooo crazy, right??!!!!

Man, i feel u on the feathery hair. That is so me! *smh* Omg, esp. after a fresh relaxer. :ohwell:

senimoni

I'm guilty of seeing someone elses hair that looks so long and pretty, then I'll look at my own pics, and realize my hair is the same length....sometimes longer. It also looks shorter from the back then it does from the side...I HATE that.

Radianthealth

I think I may be shoulder length but I am sorta in denial. Whenever I used to see other people with shoulder length hair I used to think that it was a good lenghth now that I think I am there it seems like It isn't as long as other peoples hair. I hate to say it but I think for a long long long time I have been ashamed to wear my hair down because it is fine and not very long. I know I should appreciate and cherish every step of my journey but I would like to be at least at APL before I let my hair down.:confused:

This is really stupid since currently this is the longest my hair has ever been, I have always had really short hair so you would think I would be satisfied....Truly I think APL will do it for me.....I hope:look: