Hair Breakage 101-- just wanted to share!

05girl

Sistaslick
(Wet or Dry) Stretches slighty/returns to original length /no breaking= you are balanced just stick with maintaining!

no matter how far you stretch, wouldn't hair break? I suppose you are just supposed to give it a lil stretch?

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
05girl Yes I think it's just a little stretch. I think what you are looking for is that it 'bounces'....like when you stretch a rubber band it returns to it's original state unlike a chewed gum which stays in the stretched state.

thenewsatchell

Thank you so much for this information...it's about time I take control of my hair and stop finding excuses as to why my hair is breaking soo much...very informative...

janeemat

Bumping again.....Is Sistaslick still in this neck of woods. She had a beautiful head of relaxed hair and now her natural hair is gorgeous......:hiya:

The Princess

janeemat said:
Bumping again.....Is Sistaslick still in this neck of woods. She had a beautiful head of relaxed hair and now her natural hair is gorgeous......:hiya:

OMGosh I saw her hair it's so pretty. She truly understands the science of hair. She accomplish having healthy hair; relaxed and now natural.

Monaleezza

What I experience is this;

I'm plaiting my hair and as I get to the ends I end up with tangled strands around my fingers. In some kind of knotted mess.

I just need to work out if my relaxed hair needs moisture or protein, I'm clearly struggling to learn what my hair is telling me.