Hair care confusion

pbuckley

I have been stalking this board as well as Napptrul for over a year. I have relaxed 4a/4b hair, and my daughter has Natural 4a/4b hair. I am starting to get confused between what to do for mine and what to do for her's. Please advise no poo (I can do it to?) Olive Oil (is this for me) Not shampooing (is this for me?)

Lovelylocs

Yes you can do it too. I love doing conditioner only washes especially when I am about due for a retouch. It helps me to control my new growth.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
The only way that you'll know if it's for you, is to try it and see how your hair responds. I am relaxed(texturized) and do not use shampoo (except when I retouch). I also add olive oil to my conditioner sometimes. So, try it and see how it works for you.

ubavka123

Hey, it's all for you and her. I think that the natural and relaxed heads on this board use these things. Try it and see what works for either of you. What works for some, does not work for others and vice versa. There are no hard and fast rules. My daughter has natural hair and a different type than mine (type 3) and I have started doing the same things for her hair that I do for mine (co washes, oil treatments, etc.). I see a difference in our hair. Don't get too caught up in all the product recommendations (very dangerous
) as much as the helpful hair advice. See what works for you. No confusion necessary. One size fits mostly all!

pbuckley

Thanks ladies!!! I have been so focused on finding things that will work for her hair that I have kinda gotten caught up. Thanks for the advice.