Hair care regimen for natural hair

rayej

Hello everyone,
I am new to the site and I am trying to maintain my natural hair. I did the big chop about 8 monyhs ago and I am starting to get a little length. Can you recommend a hair care regimen for me. I am having problems with dryness and dullness. I have tried Miss Jessies curly pudding, curly meringue, and buttercream. I have also tried curl activator, and Elasta QP mano butter. None of these products have helped with the dryness or dullness. I desperately need moisture and shine. Help! Please!

Thank in advancefor your help

Do you have any pics you could share? I think it is super important to get a sense of what your hair looks like. It's hard to even do it just by type. My "type" might not agree with the products that someone of the same "type" might use.

I consider myself 3c/4a mix, based on "curl/wave pattern" but I have a super, super thick, coarse texture which is similar to very few people.

Also, what are you looking to do? Wash-n-go's? Twists or other protective styles?

For me personally, I currently co-wash with Elucence MBC once or twice a week. Rinse completely out, then use infusium 23 under EcoStyler Gel. The gel gives me great definition, BUT I HAVE to use Infusium under to balance out the protein, and also maintain soft, touchable hair.

Once a month, I pre-poo with a Hot Coconut Oil treatment, then shampoo with Aveda Sap Moss, Followed by Elucence MBC which I then rinse out 50%. Style however.

I am, however, in the process of moving to more natural products. I just picked up some Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Jelly and absolutely Love this stuff. Super soft hair.

rayej

My hair type is a type 4a. Thanks for all replies.

Kinkerbelle, your hair is beautiful. How do you protect it at night for sleeping?

~~HoneyComb~~

I'm a 4a and when my hair was shorter, I'd use long aid curl activator gel. It's very moisturizing, doesn't cake-up and you can get it at WalMart. A good leave-in to get rid of frizziness is Biotera leave-in conditioner which you can get at Sally's. I still use both of these products.

NewYorkgyrl

What hairstyle do you wear most.

The reason I ask us because I has to give up on wash and gos because it would cause my hair to become REALLY dry after day 2 or dailly rinsing/co-washind, even if I used leave-ins. :ohwell:

Now that my hair is a little longer than when I bigchopped I wear styles that can last a week without me having to wash in between to keep up the style. Twist, puffs, twist-outs.

The absolute best thing that I ever did for my hair was but Qhemet Biologics products: honey balm, and the heavy cream

For a twist out that I want to last for a week to a week and a half I use Miss jessie's curly pudding to twist my hair while wet. Let it dry and then take the twist out. No need to touch my head again until I wash.

HTH

rayej

Honeycomb your hair is beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing.

Do you still use the products you suggested now that your hair is longer?

What about at night, what do you do so that it is manageable in the morning?