Hair Care Regimen. HELP?

A

AmilLion

I recently hacked off 4" of my hair. It was damaged, limp, lifeless and overall, depressing. I hate my haircut, but I'm starting back on the journey to healthy hair. I need input. What are your thoughts on my regimen, should I change or incorporate something different?

Pre-Poo (once a month)
Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate

Shampoo
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Conditioner (alternating and use with steamer)
Moisturizing - Nexxus Humectress
Mild Protein - ORS Hair Mayo

Leave-in - Roller Set
Salerm 21

With the steamer, my hair retains moisture pretty well or should I apply regardless? I wash my hair on a weekly basis, usually every Sunday.

pmichael52172

I'm not as good as some of the ladies here but thought I'd at least respond. What you've shown is only your product regime but what about your styles, appliance use etc.?

Will you be hot curling, flat ironing, roller sets only? Any daily moisturizing oils or pomades? Wrapping hair at night, sleeping with silk/satin scarves? etc.

Also, what will you NOT do... that you've learned from the damage done to your hair pre-corrective cut. I'm not hammering you, I'm actually curious so as to learn from you as well.

**WonderWoman**

My 2 cents --- you need a sealant so incorporate Castor Oil into your regime. Many LHCF ladies have experienced increased thickness when applying this oil after their daily moisturizer.