Hair Care Regimens??

trinidarkie1

Ladies..
I would like to develop a hair care regimen as soon as possible. This is my only source for great advice, since I live in a predominantly white state, town and neighbourhood, black hair care products are almost nonexistent so I dont want to just buy every and anything..
I dont even know if I can get oils for my hair anywhere here.
Anyway, my hair is shoulder length and it is thinning to the top, my hair dropped within the last 3 years and the cold weather makes my hair extremely dry and it has just stopped growing now.
What should I do?

Dutchess

Do you have relaxed or natural hair? Do you wash, condition and moisturize your hair regularly? Since you said you have extremely dry hair you definitely need to moisturize everyday.

trinidarkie1

[ QUOTE ]
Dutchess said:
Do you have relaxed or natural hair? Do you wash, condition and moisturize your hair regularly? Since you said you have extremely dry hair you definitely need to moisturize everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]
My hair is relaxed right now..
I moisturize daily but products are hard to come by..
hair is in braids right now, cant really get to the ends

Armyqt

Trini, simplicity is the key. All you should need for your hair to thrive is a good shapoo, conditioner, and a leave-in and a moisturiser. Here are some of my recommendations.

CON - green and yellow
Pantene Smooth and Sleek or any others (moisturising)
Profectiv Growth Masque (mild protein, very effective)
EVOO- Extra virgin olive oil (from grocery store)
Motions lavish or Razac leave -in
distilled water to use as a final rinse. COmabts hard water efefcts.

Seal the wet hair with the EVOO after applying leave in and put it in a protective style. Do away with the heat as much as possible. Trust me, if you implement these few things into a routine, your hair will thrive. It's not as much as what you put in your hair, as much as what you DO to your hair. Many other products will work, but I suggested these becuase they are inexpensive, easily accessible and I've tried them all and know they do a good job. Good luck getting your regimen together

katie

You said it is hard to find black hair products.But there are white hair products that work very well for our hair.Most companies now make a line for dry,chemically treated hair.
ALso,if you have black products that you really like and you would be able to go back to Trinidad soon(like Christmas) make sure to stock up on them so you won't have the need to buy anymore when you are back in Minnesota.

Armyqt

Oops, I guess I overlooked the part about black products being hard to find. Do you have a Wal-Mart near you? If so, you can pick up most everything I named from there.

trinidarkie1

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Trini, simplicity is the key. All you should need for your hair to thrive is a good shapoo, conditioner, and a leave-in and a moisturiser. Here are some of my recommendations.

CON - green and yellow
Pantene Smooth and Sleek or any others (moisturising)
Profectiv Growth Masque (mild protein, very effective)
EVOO- Extra virgin olive oil (from grocery store)
Motions lavish or Razac leave -in
distilled water to use as a final rinse. COmabts hard water efefcts.

Seal the wet hair with the EVOO after applying leave in and put it in a protective style. Do away with the heat as much as possible. Trust me, if you implement these few things into a routine, your hair will thrive. It's not as much as what you put in your hair, as much as what you DO to your hair. Many other products will work, but I suggested these becuase they are inexpensive, easily accessible and I've tried them all and know they do a good job. Good luck getting your regimen together

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ahmn I went and buy some stuff tonight but not all wha yuh say dey..
I have to get them and tell yuh what it is...
Will get back to u in a jiffy

katie

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at the way you write trini dialect.I always think of writing like the way I would speak

trinidarkie1

Bad habit *blush*
I am on other trini forums online and that's how we all write..
Hope it's not hard for other's to understand, lol

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom is Trini, too!

trinidarkie1

I DID IT!! I Have my hair care regimen together..
I have pics of my hair now in my sig, check it out.
It's short now and I treat it once a week.. I love my hair now.. it feels so good.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Don't forget to add coconut oil to that regimen!
It works wonders for moisture and shine...

phynestone

Some "white" hair care products that you could probably find and that work well are Paul Mitchell's Super Moisturizer, Nexxus Products, Suave conditioners, um...can't think of anything else right now.

Natural products are good as well: olive oil, avocados, eggs, mayonaise (sp), lemon juice

trinidarkie1

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

There is NO way that I am going to willingly use coconut oil in my hair.. no way!
My reasoning is not a good one... so I'ma just leave it at that

katie

[ QUOTE ]
trinidarkie1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

There is NO way that I am going to willingly use coconut oil in my hair.. no way!
My reasoning is not a good one... so I'ma just leave it at that

[/ QUOTE ]
Coconut oil has a bad rep in Trinidad but it actually doesn't smell.I tried it on my hair and liked it.My family and friends that I told made fun of me tho