Hair Care Schedule Challenge -2022, 2023, 2024-

snoop

I'm currently sitting with my hair soaking in an herbal ACV rinse. I'm supposed to do a hydrating wash tomorrow, but it's a long weekend and I have other hard to do, so I figured I might as well start on mine today.

Not sure what kind of mask I'll do afterwards. Stay tuned.

Oh! And I did a massage yesterday with the massage pillow. Unfortunately, in using the pillow I don't get to massage the top of my head so I'll have to not be lazy and use my hands the next time.

snoop

I'm currently sitting with my hair soaking in an herbal ACV rinse. I'm supposed to do a hydrating wash tomorrow, but it's a long weekend and I have other hard to do, so I figured I might as well start on mine today.

Oh! And I did a massage yesterday with the massage pillow. Unfortunately, in using the pillow I don't get to massage the top of my head so I'll have to not be lazy and use my hands the next time.

My hair feels so much nicer after doing that ACV rinse. Soft. I'm going to keep that in my toolkit for the next time that my hair feels gunky.

I also tried a new protein (lupine) and it strengthened my hair. I mixed it with oat protein. It's a good thing that I didn't add more this time around because I might have gone too hard with things. Yesterday was supposed to be a hydrating day and next week would be a reconstruction day according to my schedule, but I think that I'll just do light protein next week like I have been doing and skip the hard protein treatment.

Also, yesterday, I didn't wash the ayurvedic herbs out of my hair properly, so I had to rinse again today. It did give me time to do a better job of finger detangling.

My scheduled trim is coming up in two weekends. I'm thinking of trying a roller set to stretch my hair instead of trimming in twists. :scratchchin:

WL23

Yes, don’t be lazy! :laugh: It’ll be worth it each time you do it :) I did a ten minute massage Friday. I’m going to add 10minute massages to the schedule

We got this :)

WL23

My hair feels so much nicer after doing that ACV rinse. Soft. I'm going to keep that in my toolkit for the next time that my hair feels gunky.

I also tried a new protein (lupine) and it strengthened my hair. I mixed it with oat protein. It's a good thing that I didn't add more this time around because I might have gone too hard with things. Yesterday was supposed to be a hydrating day and next week would be a reconstruction day according to my schedule, but I think that I'll just do light protein next week like I have been doing and skip the hard protein treatment.

Also, yesterday, I didn't wash the ayurvedic herbs out of my hair properly, so I had to rinse again today. It did give me time to do a better job of finger detangling.

My scheduled trim is coming up in two weekends. I'm thinking of trying a roller set to stretch my hair instead of trimming in twists. :scratchchin:
Happy your hair came soft and stronger, best combo! :)

I hope you have the time to do the roller set. I think that would be a better way to trim.

I don’t have a trim scheduled until I meet my goal…in like 2 to 3 years:oops: :laugh:

snoop

I haven't done a roller set in years and I'd only done it once so we'll see how it goes.

I did do my scalp massage last night...using my fingers. :lol: I did it in the shower with wet finger tips because I find that doing them there is a great place to get sebum moving.

WL23

I haven't done a roller set in years and I'd only done it once so we'll see how it goes.

I did do my scalp massage last night...using my fingers. :lol: I did it in the shower with wet finger tips because I find that doing them there is a great place to get sebum moving.
Nice you did a massage :) Been super busy. Much needed update should be coming tomorrow. I did a massage this evening but forgot to time it

Are you thinking about June schedule. It’s quickly approaching, May went by fast!

snoop

Nice you did a massage :) Been super busy. Much needed update should be coming tomorrow. I did a massage this evening but forgot to time it

Are you thinking about June schedule. It’s quickly approaching, May went by fast!

I didn't massage last night. I had a headache and was in bed by 7. I'll do it today. My hair feels dry and so I'll rinse it out as well instead of waiting until the weekend to wash. I'm going to try washing tomorrow, though since this weekend will be busy.

I can't wait for your update.

I need to make my schedule. I think that it will look like this month's.

WL23

I didn't massage last night. I had a headache and was in bed by 7. I'll do it today. My hair feels dry and so I'll rinse it out as well instead of waiting until the weekend to wash. I'm going to try washing tomorrow, though since this weekend will be busy.

I can't wait for your update.

I need to make my schedule. I think that it will look like this month's.
Hope you’re feeling better :)

What do you think is contributing to the dryness? Do you Moisture and Seal frequently?

WL23

FC3EF419-3F8D-4009-8F27-25788CC2031E.jpeg
EE7222AB-6679-4066-9488-3C446F2AB26C.jpeg
Updated May schedule and made June Schedule. I think I finally found something that will work. I was having trouble with the oiling because I don’t want to go to bed with much oil in my hair and throughout the day. I figured something that will work better. Also took note of when I can actually Prep Hair Essentials. Without the essentials progress is stalled. I added Inversion 5x/week and Massages, hopefully we can motivate each other on this :)

Cheers to better consistency in June!

WL23

View attachment 480915
View attachment 480917
Updated May schedule and made June Schedule. I think I finally found something that will work. I was having trouble with the oiling because I don’t want to go to bed with much oil in my hair and throughout the day. I figured something that will work better. Also took note of when I can actually Prep Hair Essentials. Without the essentials progress is stalled. I added Inversion 5x/week and Massages, hopefully we can motivate each other on this :)

I completely forgot to mention the major reason I lost many days of the HC routine. I have been doing a lot of research on lifestyle diet change and have been working on a new routine for Intermittent Fasting and other things. I think Im finally close to where I want to be with the information I need to finally solidify a routine to keep to tasks :)

snoop

Hope you’re feeling better :)

What do you think is contributing to the dryness? Do you Moisture and Seal frequently?

I'm much better thanks!

So, I'm going to do an experiment this weekend, but I think I know the answer. I've seen some people say that they apply their moisturizer in the shower since their cuticles are raised and the moisturizer absorbs better. While this is true, I find that my hair dries out faster. I've done this a few times where I've moisturized and sealed in the shower and my hair feels crispy by Wednesday.

Recently -- as in the past few months -- I could moisturize on wash day and my hair felt fine all week. Slightly dry on the outside of my twists, but juicy when I opened them which is basically the same as if I moisturized multiple times through the week.

So, I normally end up moisturizing my hair hours after washing it because I have stuff to do, so I will wear my wet t-shirt on my head all afternoon so that my hair doesn't dry out and then I moisturize it. My hair does well this way.

snoop

Oh wow! I better get on it and make my schedule.

We will be motivating each other for sure! Especially as far as the massages are concerned.

WL23

Oh wow! I better get on it and make my schedule.

We will be motivating each other for sure! Especially as far as the massages are concerned.
Did 10 minute massage with timer and inversion. Next week is when I can start counting 5 inversion days. Massages are daily. Busy days are 5 minute massages.

Let’s make massaging a habit til we get to our goals :)

snoop

I cleansed my hair today instead of doing it tomorrow. I did a massage as I was wash my hair and I'm currently sitting with my hair in rollers.

snoop

It didn't work because I air dried, but it for too short a time. Some sections were close to being done, but other sections were still damp. It looked great for 5 minutes. :lol:
I'd definitely try it again, but start very early in the morning.

I put my hair in two strand twists for the night and they looked amazing! I've worn twists as my go-to style for the past 9 years and this is the best they've ever looked. I took a picture to memorialize it because I'm sure that when I take my scarf off this morning, they'll look a bit worn. My hair is like memory foam and it keeps the impression of every braid, hair elastic, bun that I use for preserving overnight.

I'm going to try threading my hair for the next couple of days instead. If that doesn't work, I'll quickly throw in some twists, so that I can get my ends trimmed, before washing my hair.

WL23

Glad you got a happy memory with this roller set ☺️

When I get to a certain length I want to do them here and there, but I’m going to cheat and do the ponytail method :laugh:

Have you ever thought of going to bed with Jumbo Flexi Rods wrapping it the elongated way (not straight around). That may be super cute since your hair is like memory foam :)

Have you ever thought of “dusting” your ends vs trimming your ends? This method you don’t have to rely on your hair being as straight as possible. You look at your ends and only trim splits you see. You cut the tiniest bits off every so often.

Massage Check!:weird:

5/29 - 5 Mins
5/30 - 10 Mins + Inversion

I have today and yesterdays schedule reversed, will do cold water rinse today :)

snoop

Glad you got a happy memory with this roller set ☺️

When I get to a certain length I want to do them here and there, but I’m going to cheat and do the ponytail method :laugh:

Have you ever thought of going to bed with Jumbo Flexi Rods wrapping it the elongated way (not straight around). That may be super cute since your hair is like memory foam :)

Have you ever thought of “dusting” your ends vs trimming your ends? This method you don’t have to rely on your hair being as straight as possible. You look at your ends and only trim splits you see. You cut the tiniest bits off every so often.

Massage Check!:weird:

5/29 - 5 Mins
5/30 - 10 Mins + Inversion

Seeing your message made re realize that I forgot to massage last night. :cry3:

I usually dust in two strand mini twists, but I don't feel like putting my hair in mini twists this time. The last two times that I've done it, it seemed like sooooo much work! This is coming from someone who wore mini twists almost exclusively for around 8 years and dusted with this method. Now that I wash my hair loose, mini twists don't work for me, so I'm trying to find a work around. Also, I may need a bit more of a dusting since I skipped my last dust/trim session 3 months ago. This means I haven't cut my ends since January and I want to be able to take a closer look to see if my new routine is as good as I think it is.

I've only tried magnetic rollers twice since being natural. I have one package of flex rods and one page of perm rods and neither of those is enough to do my whole head. I bought them and have never used them. I don't even know HOW to use flex rods. Like, I'm so confused as to how they will stay on my head. But I think that I'll buy more of one of those two and try them. YT will be my friend for the next few days while I figure out which one to spend my money on. :look:

I'll come back later with my new schedule, but I think the [strike]lazy[/strike] simple side of me says that this routine that I have with massages added to my wash routine is more than enough. Though I DO want to add bamboo tea + collagen and protein shakes to my daily routine, but do I need to actually put "drink tea" and "drink shake" on a calendar everyday?

Congrats on getting your massages on! Wooot!!! :yay:

WL23

Don’t worry! We are going to stumble here and there before we make tasks habitual

Glad you’re interested! I think you’ll love them. You want to get the purple jumbo ones or largest ones like seen in the videos.

Here are a few YT vids

(Jumbo Perm Rods with Wet Hair)

Hope they are helpful :)

You only have to worry about how neat/straight you wrap the rods when your hair is wet and make sure it is dry completely before taking them out. Or you want to put the rods on dry stretched out hair and lightly damp your hair with a spritz water bottle (and the ends more wet) before rolling on the Rods. The dried stretched hair method gives more volume.

Nice thing about jumbo flexi rods is you can use 3 to 5 nightly and your hair won’t be flat in the morning. Easy maintenance and low manipulation with 2 to 4 rods nightly :)

If you feel you current routine is perfect, stick with it. You saw when I added too MU hit wasn’t practical for me and my schedule :laugh: Better to start slow and commit with consistency then add on when habits are formed.

Since the tea and shake are for Hair Care I would for accountability and to visualize how to incorporate it into your daily schedule. This is the purpose of the calendar for us to visualize what we plan to do each day for. Hair Care with things we already have in place with our daily schedule.

I wanted to do smoothies also with protein added. I have a lot of lifestyle changes I’m transitioning into now, it wouldn’t be the right time for me to start them. Hopefully in July :)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm joining this challenge. I figured out how to make a calendar in excel. I will do this on a weekly basis. I'm currently washing my hair daily for a personal challenge. I wear my hair in an updo.

Weekly Schedule 05-30-221024_1.jpg

WL23

Massage Check! :weird:

5/31 - 10 Minutes + Inversion

Doing hot oil treatment and going to wash with AFB/Aloe

I still have hair food and will prep on Thursday :)

snoop

Don’t worry! We are going to stumble here and there before we make tasks habitual

Glad you’re interested! I think you’ll love them. You want to get the purple jumbo ones or largest ones like seen in the videos.

Here are a few YT vids

(Jumbo Perm Rods with Wet Hair)

Hope they are helpful :)

You only have to worry about how neat/straight you wrap the rods when your hair is wet and make sure it is dry completely before taking them out. Or you want to put the rods on dry stretched out hair and lightly damp your hair with a spritz water bottle (and the ends more wet) before rolling on the Rods. The dried stretched hair method gives more volume.

Nice thing about jumbo flexi rods is you can use 3 to 5 nightly and your hair won’t be flat in the morning. Easy maintenance and low manipulation with 2 to 4 rods nightly :)

If you feel you current routine is perfect, stick with it. You saw when I added too MU hit wasn’t practical for me and my schedule :laugh: Better to start slow and commit with consistency then add on when habits are formed.

Since the tea and shake are for Hair Care I would for accountability and to visualize how to incorporate it into your daily schedule. This is the purpose of the calendar for us to visualize what we plan to do each day for. Hair Care with things we already have in place with our daily schedule.

I wanted to do smoothies also with protein added. I have a lot of lifestyle changes I’m transitioning into now, it wouldn’t be the right time for me to start them. Hopefully in July :)

Thank you for finding these videos for me! I will watch them today, but the way you laid them out is exactly what I needed...to see the difference between the two types of sets. My mother used to use magnetic rollers WAY back in the day -- she might have still been relaxed at the time -- so I have no real frame of reference for rollers or what they can do. I thank you and YT for setting me on the right path. :) I also appreciate the tip for starting on dry hair. I would have never have thought of that.

My current routine is pretty much the same routine has been pretty consistent for years. Wash once per week, style, moisturize as needed. I joined this challenge to help me flush out my ideas for the "capillary schedule" which is just a fancy way of saying "hair schedule" which is what this challenge is all about! and figuring out how it would work with ayurveda. Mission accomplished, so now going forward, I have a better understanding of how to select which herbs I will use each week. I've been having so much fun with this challenge! But the challenging part of this challenge will be maintaining all of the "above and beyond" tasks like the massages. I don't know if or how they will make a difference to my hair, but I feel that they will. This is where the schedule is actually putting me to work. Massages don't come naturally to me like my wash day routine so, I'm here with you the whole way through!

On that note, I DID massage my hair yesterday! And I totally forgot that I wanted to do shakes and teas but was reminded after reading your response so I guess I'm going to have to write it into my calendar after all. :nono:

snoop

LHCF_June 2022_HairSchedule.png

I feel like I might have left something off of my schedule, but I'm not sure what? (Also, I've scheduled smoothies and tea on Sundays, too, but they're not displayed.)

WL23

Thank you for finding these videos for me! I will watch them today, but the way you laid them out is exactly what I needed...to see the difference between the two types of sets. My mother used to use magnetic rollers WAY back in the day -- she might have still been relaxed at the time -- so I have no real frame of reference for rollers or what they can do. I thank you and YT for setting me on the right path. :) I also appreciate the tip for starting on dry hair. I would have never have thought of that.

My current routine is pretty much the same routine has been pretty consistent for years. Wash once per week, style, moisturize as needed. I joined this challenge to help me flush out my ideas for the "capillary schedule" which is just a fancy way of saying "hair schedule" which is what this challenge is all about! and figuring out how it would work with ayurveda. Mission accomplished, so now going forward, I have a better understanding of how to select which herbs I will use each week. I've been having so much fun with this challenge! But the challenging part of this challenge will be maintaining all of the "above and beyond" tasks like the massages. I don't know if or how they will make a difference to my hair, but I feel that they will. This is where the schedule is actually putting me to work. Massages don't come naturally to me like my wash day routine so, I'm here with you the whole way through!

On that note, I DID massage my hair yesterday! And I totally forgot that I wanted to do shakes and teas but was reminded after reading your response so I guess I'm going to have to write it into my calendar after all. :nono:
So excited you’re seeing benefits to the challenge! :) It’s definitely helping me too. Have a busy day today and will respond in more detail this evening. Have a bliss day☺️

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I skipped two days. I’m finding that I can skip the whole wash and just moisturize every day. This shaves off a lot of time in my daily routine but I kind of like washing my hair everyday. Idk

snoop

I skipped two days. I’m finding that I can skip the whole wash and just moisturize every day. This shaves off a lot of time in my daily routine but I kind of like washing my hair everyday. Idk

Were you washing your hair daily more moisture? I think after a certain amount of time of doing your schedule (now sounds like the time) you're going to find that your hair has the water it needs and doesn't need daily "washing" as in cleansing. But, you might find regular rinses between washes to be beneficial and again, up to a certain point since, I believe, your hair will just start holding onto the water.

Are you wearing wngs?