Hair Care Schedule Challenge -2022, 2023, 2024-

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Were you washing your hair daily more moisture? I think after a certain amount of time of doing your schedule (now sounds like the time) you're going to find that your hair has the water it needs and doesn't need daily "washing" as in cleansing. But, you might find regular rinses between washes to be beneficial and again, up to a certain point since, I believe, your hair will just start holding onto the water.

Are you wearing wngs?
Honestly I was just trying to find a way to get through product! Lol but I feel terribly frumpy with my updo style that I do with wet hair. I want to change it up. I think I might install some crochet braids and see how that works out

WL23

Thank you for finding these videos for me! I will watch them today, but the way you laid them out is exactly what I needed...to see the difference between the two types of sets. My mother used to use magnetic rollers WAY back in the day -- she might have still been relaxed at the time -- so I have no real frame of reference for rollers or what they can do. I thank you and YT for setting me on the right path. :) I also appreciate the tip for starting on dry hair. I would have never have thought of that.

My current routine is pretty much the same routine has been pretty consistent for years. Wash once per week, style, moisturize as needed. I joined this challenge to help me flush out my ideas for the "capillary schedule" which is just a fancy way of saying "hair schedule" which is what this challenge is all about! and figuring out how it would work with ayurveda. Mission accomplished, so now going forward, I have a better understanding of how to select which herbs I will use each week. I've been having so much fun with this challenge! But the challenging part of this challenge will be maintaining all of the "above and beyond" tasks like the massages. I don't know if or how they will make a difference to my hair, but I feel that they will. This is where the schedule is actually putting me to work. Massages don't come naturally to me like my wash day routine so, I'm here with you the whole way through!

On that note, I DID massage my hair yesterday! And I totally forgot that I wanted to do shakes and teas but was reminded after reading your response so I guess I'm going to have to write it into my calendar after all. :nono:
It was my pleasure! ☺ Once I reach WL, I definitely using them

Make sure it’s dried “stretched” hair if you do flex rods on dry hair :)

I feel like you should take baby steps with change and additions. Remember I tried to do too many things at once. If we overwhelm ourselves, we won’t be consistent. We should pick the most important things to us and start there. Add things as we become consistent with one new thing at a time. For example, you might want to pick between the bamboo tea and the smoothie instead of adding them both to your calendar.

I completely understand about the massages not coming natural! Like it’s so easy but it’s just not something we’re used too. Making it habit, it will become second nature :)

Many people with lengths past WL massage their head. Massages are a big deal :) why I’m trying to make it a habit and doing inversion. They are easy to do so we should make the effort. Think of your goal at the end of the year :) Thanks for being with me because I have a longer journey ahead of me than you do, you’re at or close to WL! :)

Nice you got a massage in yesterday :weird:

snoop

It was my pleasure! ☺ Once I reach WL, I definitely using them

Make sure it’s dried “stretched” hair if you do flex rods on dry hair :)

I feel like you should take baby steps with change and additions. Remember I tried to do too many things at once. If we overwhelm ourselves, we won’t be consistent. We should pick the most important things to us and start there. Add things as we become consistent with one new thing at a time. For example, you might want to pick between the bamboo tea and the smoothie instead of adding them both to your calendar.

I completely understand about the massages not coming natural! Like it’s so easy but it’s just not something we’re used too. Making it habit, it will become second nature :)

Many people with lengths past WL massage their head. Massages are a big deal :) why I’m trying to make it a habit and doing inversion. They are easy to do so we should make the effort. Think of your goal at the end of the year :) Thanks for being with me because I have a longer journey ahead of me than you do, you’re at or close to WL! :)

Nice you got a massage in yesterday :weird:

Yeah, I am so bad with doing things small. You know how you're supposed to do tests with individual ayurvedic herbs to see if your hair likes them? I will mix 5 at a time and then go from there. :nono:

I'm really bad with food, especially being consistent with food stuffs. I should start off with one at a time, but I've been so spotty with one or the other that I'm like, to hell with it. Especially, since I want to capitalize on summer being a growing season. I only have about 2 months of it being warm so if I wait to build up habits, it'll be fall and cold. If I do end up slacking then in the fall I'll try one, then add the other. But I'm not goign to slack. Right? RIGHT? :look:

snoop

Trim is DONE! Yay! It was much easier than I thought it'd be! So now I'm ahead of schedule!

WL23

Yeah, I am so bad with doing things small. You know how you're supposed to do tests with individual ayurvedic herbs to see if your hair likes them? I will mix 5 at a time and then go from there. :nono:

I'm really bad with food, especially being consistent with food stuffs. I should start off with one at a time, but I've been so spotty with one or the other that I'm like, to hell with it. Especially, since I want to capitalize on summer being a growing season. I only have about 2 months of it being warm so if I wait to build up habits, it'll be fall and cold. If I do end up slacking then in the fall I'll try one, then add the other. But I'm not goign to slack. Right? RIGHT? :look:
Haha at 5 new herbs instead of testing, that’s a lot of us :laugh:

I say go for it! Yes, we want to make the best of this growing season :) I hope we get many new growing habits that will stay with us. When we reach our lengths we can trim down some of the frequency of growing habits. For me that will be the inversion to once or twice a month. DC with heat once a week and so on.

Only 2 months left, let’s get growing!☺️

WL23

Massage Check! :weird:

10 minutes + Inversion

Im getting behind on deep conditions

Made hair essentials late on Thursday and missed my DC. Need to make both DCWH next week

snoop

Hydrating mask today. I forgot to massage my scalp in the shower so I'll do it this afternoon.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Weekly Schedule 06-06-22.jpg
Here is my new weekly schedule. I'm in crochet braids so I'm trying to keep my hair simple.

I oil my scalp every night except on the nights when I moisturize. I only moisturize every 3-4 days. I apply scalp drops to my edges 2x a day. The refresher is just to make my hair smell good lol I only spray it on the extension hair do my hair doesn't get musty and I want to use up product. I might add a little protein leave in spray in a week or two to strengthen the hair but I think the braid spray will be enough.

snoop

View attachment 481071
Here is my new weekly schedule. I'm in crochet braids so I'm trying to keep my hair simple.

I oil my scalp every night except on the nights when I moisturize. I only moisturize every 3-4 days. I apply scalp drops to my edges 2x a day. The refresher is just to make my hair smell good lol I only spray it on the extension hair do my hair doesn't get musty and I want to use up product. I might add a little protein leave in spray in a week or two to strengthen the hair but I think the braid spray will be enough.

This looks like a pretty solid braid routine.

WL23

This week started with unplanned events that interfered with schedule. Should be back on track tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well with their schedules :)

snoop

Massage Check :weird:

Crazy busy week! Many ‘unexpecteds’

Did 10 minute massage today

How’s everything going with everyone? @snoop @Napp

My routine isn't as "exciting" to me now as it was before. I'm using my calendar to keep me on track, though it isn't working as well for me for the massages. I like my massages to be slow and relaxing, but I feel like I rush through scalp massages.

I missed my Thursday massage, but did it yesterday instead. That being said, I am making sure to do the same number of massages per week as I wanted, though not necessarily on the scheduled days.

I've also been consistent with the protein shakes and bamboo/collagen tea.

I'm gearing up to wash my hair. It's a nutrative wash day and I am pre-pooed with ayurvedic oils for this step, but I think that I will make a mask. I'm still trying to decide on a fun recipe, but I might be a bit lazy and go with something "simple" instead.

snoop

I'm gearing up to wash my hair. It's a nutrative wash day and I am pre-pooed with ayurvedic oils for this step, but I think that I will make a mask. I'm still trying to decide on a fun recipe, but I might be a bit lazy and go with something "simple" instead.

My "simple" hair masked turned into: kaolin clay + goat's milk powder, kelp powder, triphala, spirulina, molasses, SAA, hydrolyzed protein (jojoba and baobab), inositol, panthenol, and cetrimonium chloride. :look:

My hair feels soooo soft. I like it!

I also managed to get my massage in!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Massage Check :weird:

Crazy busy week! Many ‘unexpecteds’

Did 10 minute massage today

How’s everything going with everyone? @snoop @Napp
I'm doing ok. I decided to stop using the braid spray and going back to using Scurl to moisturize my crochet braids. BRX braid spray its not as moisturizing and I don't like the smell. Will be posting a new schedule soon.

snoop

I postponed washing my hair yesterday and did it today. I also did a scalp massage.

I missed one protein treatment last week as well, but otherwise I'm still on track. I think that I will end up skipping 1-2 teas and proteins since I won't be home. We'll see. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to see a difference right away or once it builds up in my system (~3 months) that I'll start to see progress. Next month I want to increase massages and exercise more.

WL23

@snoop

Apologies I’ve been MIA!! I am doing a lifestyle change that I will be maintaining through my lifetime. It’s been taking a lot of time and research with the numerous contradicting information out there. The research took priority in my busy schedule because it is the foundation of health and will allow health and body to thrive. With that being said, I’ve neglected my HC with concentration on research. I believe I finally concluded everything once and for all regarding my lifestyle transition. The last week in June I’m going to be focusing on refreshing braids and then start July HC routine :)

WL23

My routine isn't as "exciting" to me now as it was before. I'm using my calendar to keep me on track, though it isn't working as well for me for the massages. I like my massages to be slow and relaxing, but I feel like I rush through scalp massages.

I missed my Thursday massage, but did it yesterday instead. That being said, I am making sure to do the same number of massages per week as I wanted, though not necessarily on the scheduled days.

I've also been consistent with the protein shakes and bamboo/collagen tea.

Boring tends to yield the best results:laugh: I think you’re doing amazing :) The calendars are intended to keep us on track

Congrats on consistency with the Shakes and Teas:weird: Are you seeing any benefits?

I discovered this month I need to stay away from masks until I’m out of braids. Enjoy for me until then :)

WL23

My "simple" hair masked turned into: kaolin clay + goat's milk powder, kelp powder, triphala, spirulina, molasses, SAA, hydrolyzed protein (jojoba and baobab), inositol, panthenol, and cetrimonium chloride. :look:

My hair feels soooo soft. I like it!

I also managed to get my massage in!
Glad you had great results! You should try to make a lotion formulation for daily use :)

WL23

I postponed washing my hair yesterday and did it today. I also did a scalp massage.

I missed one protein treatment last week as well, but otherwise I'm still on track. I think that I will end up skipping 1-2 teas and proteins since I won't be home. We'll see. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to see a difference right away or once it builds up in my system (~3 months) that I'll start to see progress. Next month I want to increase massages and exercise more.
I think oral supplements generally take 1 to 2 months to see benefits with daily or directed use.

Next month’s agenda will definitely be upping massages and exercise, glad we’re on the same wavelength here :)

snoop

@snoop

Apologies I’ve been MIA!! I am doing a lifestyle change that I will be maintaining through my lifetime. It’s been taking a lot of time and research with the numerous contradicting information out there. The research took priority in my busy schedule because it is the foundation of health and will allow health and body to thrive. With that being said, I’ve neglected my HC with concentration on research. I believe I finally concluded everything once and for all regarding my lifestyle transition. The last week in June I’m going to be focusing on refreshing braids and then start July HC routine :)

I like that you are working on you and committing to it. The hair thing will fall into place when it does, so no worries if you cannot check in very often.

Boring tends to yield the best results:laugh: I think you’re doing amazing :) The calendars are intended to keep us on track

Congrats on consistency with the Shakes and Teas:weird: Are you seeing any benefits?

I discovered this month I need to stay away from masks until I’m out of braids. Enjoy for me until then :)

I'm not seeing any benefits yet, but I also am not sure what benefits to look for at this time. The second half of last week was bad in terms of taking shakes and tea and walking (I'm starting on this exercise thing slowly), because we were away. I'm going to get back in it because if I can stay consistent and see results I'm more likely to keep it up long term.

Glad you had great results! You should try to make a lotion formulation for daily use :)

I do and have for the last 10 years. I washed my hair last week but it felt really dry. It could have been the clove spray that I used on Monday. Maybe it's too strong? I re-moisturized my hair on Wednesday and my hair feels a bit better, though a bit dry. I'll have to assess when I take out my twists. Judging on my twists as is isn't always the best indicator for me.

I think oral supplements generally take 1 to 2 months to see benefits with daily or directed use.

Next month’s agenda will definitely be upping massages and exercise, glad we’re on the same wavelength here :)

I will post July's schedule shortly.

snoop

@Napp How are you doing? Were you able to stick to your schedule this month? Will use use the same schedule for next month?

snoop

July schedule, though I feel like I'm missing something...I can't remember what I wanted to add

LHCF_July 2022_HairSchedule.png