Hair Care Schedule Challenge -2022, 2023, 2024-

WL23

I like that you are working on you and committing to it. The hair thing will fall into place when it does, so no worries if you cannot check in very often.

I'm not seeing any benefits yet, but I also am not sure what benefits to look for at this time. The second half of last week was bad in terms of taking shakes and tea and walking (I'm starting on this exercise thing slowly), because we were away. I'm going to get back in it because if I can stay consistent and see results I'm more likely to keep it up long term.

I do and have for the last 10 years. I washed my hair last week but it felt really dry. It could have been the clove spray that I used on Monday. Maybe it's too strong? I re-moisturized my hair on Wednesday and my hair feels a bit better, though a bit dry. I'll have to assess when I take out my twists. Judging on my twists as is isn't always the best indicator for me.

I will post July's schedule shortly.
Thanks for being understanding! I think it’s important in a partnership, group, friendship to show up, it keeps us going! :) Why I feel obligated to share why I’m gone for an extended period of time unannounced, especially as the creator of the group. Glad you’re understand and looking forward to more health and growth in the months to come! ☺️

snoop

I'm back to doing wash and goes again. Will be back to make a new schedule.

I saw your picture in the other thread. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic of your curly hair? I would like to admire. :)

WL23

Yes Here is a picture of this weeks wash and go

View attachment 481399
Thanks for sharing! I’ve heard wash and gos are perfect for summer. In the mean time you can research hairstyles you’ll like for winter to be ready in advance with a few options that you like when the weather changes. Do you like Wash and Go presently?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Thanks for sharing! I’ve heard wash and gos are perfect for summer. In the mean time you can research hairstyles you’ll like for winter to be ready in advance with a few options that you like when the weather changes. Do you like Wash and Go presently?
I will probably wash and go in the winter too. I will just make sure my hair is 100% dry before going out and use harder holding gels. I decided to commit to one style for the next 6 months. I can pin up the sides for different looks or pull it up into a puff for some variety.

WL23

I will probably wash and go in the winter too. I will just make sure my hair is 100% dry before going out and use harder holding gels. I decided to commit to one style for the next 6 months. I can pin up the sides for different looks or pull it up into a puff for some variety.
Have you tried different variations of homemade Flaxseed gel? It’s great for the hair/scalp and defining curls :)

snoop

Yesterday, I did a "reconstructive" hair treatment (protein treatment) and a scalp massage. It wasn't as strengthening as I'd hoped, but my hair feels good.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Have you tried different variations of homemade Flaxseed gel? It’s great for the hair/scalp and defining curls :)
I tried making homemade flaxseed gel many moons ago. I have a flaxseed gel in my stash. I will probably use it in the wintertime.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I made July's calendar early.

Monthly Schedule 07-2022-1.jpgIn July I would like to focus on consistency. Sticking to almost the same products and techniques for at least a month. Goal is to continue till 6 months of consistency.

I will include one bond building treatment at the last wash day of each month which I did not include. I will alternate with Redken and Olaplex. This month I will be using Olaplex

WL23

I made July's calendar early.

View attachment 481419In July I would like to focus on consistency. Sticking to almost the same products and techniques for at least a month. Goal is to continue till 6 months of consistency.

I will include one bond building treatment at the last wash day of each month which I did not include. I will alternate with Redken and Olaplex. This month I will be using Olaplex
Sounds like a great plan! Consistency is the key! :)

snoop

So what I want to do this year is to add a couple of light exercise days and better diet (cleaner eating). I'm not doing it for my hair specifically, but I suppose that my hair will benefit from the changes.

snoop

I massaged my hair yesterday, but I haven't gone back to properly moisturize it. I put in the lotion before massaging, but no additional oils. Will try today.

WL23

I massaged my hair yesterday, but I haven't gone back to properly moisturize it. I put in the lotion before massaging, but no additional oils. Will try today.
I’ve massaged and done inversion that past 2 days :)

snoop

I'm currently pre-pooing with some ayurvedic oil in my hair. I totally forgot to do it overnight. This wash day is supposed to be nutrative. After I will follow up with an herbal wash.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I refreshed my hair midweek and the products didn’t mesh well together leaving white flakes. I was so busy that I didn’t even rewash. Ended up putting my hair into a puff and leaving it there until today. Hopefully I’ll have enough energy for wash day after work.

Will be using Mielle pomegranate leave in and Miss Key Dady gel as my stylers instead of the it’s a 10 and Redken. I’ll save those combos for when I’m not outside as much and affected by humidity.

WL23

I'm currently pre-pooing with some ayurvedic oil in my hair. I totally forgot to do it overnight. This wash day is supposed to be nutrative. After I will follow up with an herbal wash.
I love Ayurvedic oils. Once I’m out of braids I’ll be using a lot of Ayurvedic oils, masks, and glosses :) I think I’m going to in braids until May 2023. @snoop you should hold me to it, lol :)

WL23

I refreshed my hair midweek and the products didn’t mesh well together leaving white flakes. I was so busy that I didn’t even rewash. Ended up putting my hair into a puff and leaving it there until today. Hopefully I’ll have enough energy for wash day after work.

Will be using Mielle pomegranate leave in and Miss Key Dady gel as my stylers instead of the it’s a 10 and Redken. I’ll save those combos for when I’m not outside as much and affected by humidity.
How did wash day go?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
How did wash day go?
Wash day went better but the Dady gel didn’t give me as much hold as I need in this humidity. I ended up putting it into a puff again. I might look into my stash for a harder holding gel. I tried ORS HD Curl Clumping gel and that flaked horribly on me.

snoop

I have been slacking this week with all parts of my routine outside of washing. I did massage a few times, but I need to do better considering how strong I started.

snoop

I finished a nutritive treatment today and my hair looks and feels great. I just need to moisturize. It's so hot here and I was sitting outside, probably too long, with naked hair.

This week it's supposed to get above 30C (86F) and I think that's before humidex. I hope that my hair will survive.