Hair Care To Go

Ladia

Ladies, I am curious to know what products you take with you to either maintain your hairstyle or health of your hair when you are going to be away from home less than 24 hrs. (like during work hrs or on a family outing)

Please list ANYTHING pertaining to hair. It could be a comb, scrunchies, bobby pins, pony ponies, scarves, leave-in moisturizers, spritz, hair butters (you get the picture) If it is something unusual or out of the ordinary please explain the purpose and how you use it. I am still a newbie and the reason I want to know is because my hair stays soooo dry during the day and plus I want to reduce my bad hair days by being prepared. so any suggestions will help. Thanks

Sorry this may have been asked before so if anyone recalls a thread please post it.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
If my hair's down, I'll take a satin scrunchie with me. Sometimes I can't wear my hair down for a whole day, cause I start to miss my bun.

If my hair's already up, I don't take anything. It's not that serious :look:

JustKiya

Less than 24hrs? Nothing. My hair can maintain itself for that long without meddling with it.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I always have the following in my purse at any given moment:
  • A satin scrunchie
  • A few clips or barrettes
  • Bobby pins
  • A small bottle of leave-in conditioner (for those moments when my hair is dry like a haystack)

frankie

Reaching into my purse/magic bag of preparedness I find the following hair related items:

... a comb. My hair was straightened for a trim and I left it straight until yesterday, but I never used the comb anyway.

...large and small bobby pins. These are standard, I keep them in most, if not all of my purses. They really are lifesavers, I can turn a frizzed-out poofy mess into a decent french roll with the quickness.

...the scarf (which also doubles as a headband) I had tied around my hair this morning to prevent drips on the way to work ( I co-wash/rinse in the morning).

I had a clip in there until I discovered that one of the teeth broke off in my purse:wallbash:, now it's in the trash.

Overall, I don't do much of anything to my hair once I leave the house. But, I like to be prepared for emergencies.

Ladia

Well, I have to park about a block away from where I work and some mornings I can be really windy (its by the water) so If my hair is out it will blow all over the place. I try to smooth it out with my hands, but I can tell by the look of some of the people I pass that I didn't do a good job....(rushing to the bathroom mirror)....lol...so now I wear it in a ponytail but now all of it was long enough to pull back so I still have lots of fly aways. I put gel in it, but it sometimes dries my edges out eventhough It does not have alcohol in it. I just can't win for losing.

Ms Lala

Ladies, I am curious to know what products you take with you to either maintain your hairstyle or health of your hair when you are going to be away from home less than 24 hrs. (like during work hrs or on a family outing)

Please list ANYTHING pertaining to hair. It could be a comb, scrunchies, bobby pins, pony ponies, scarves, leave-in moisturizers, spritz, hair butters (you get the picture) If it is something unusual or out of the ordinary please explain the purpose and how you use it. I am still a newbie and the reason I want to know is because my hair stays soooo dry during the day and plus I want to reduce my bad hair days by being prepared. so any suggestions will help. Thanks

Sorry this may have been asked before so if anyone recalls a thread please post it.

I carry a brush if my hair is slicked back and a scarf (in case of rain) if my hair is straightened out. How often you deep condition? What moisturizer are you using? I think you need to consider using different products if you hair is getting dry during the day. My hair is natural and really soaks up products and sometimes I go a couple of days w/o moisturizing because the DC and moisturizer I use keep my hair soft. If you are using alot of heat this can also have your hair feeling dry.

chebaby

i keep a comb in my purse at all times because normally my hair is down. lately i have been (and will the rest of the summer) co washing and wet bunning everyday so i keep a scarf in my purse now. i never keep moisturizer in my purse because then i'd have to keep oil in my purse and thats too much for me.