Hair Chat...Whats going on with your hair right now?

gymfreak336

I did a megatek protein treatment last night, just left it on for a couple of minutes. I followed it with aubrey organics hsr. Hair feels good right now, still wet but I got it clipped up.

Hair still feels out of whack though. Has been feeling funny for awhile now. I am just sticking with simple stuff until I can get it back on track.

What about you? Whats going on?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
My hair is feeling good. I'm using Aphogee 2min. every week and it seems to be helping my hair get stronger. I'm trying to think of a new protective style. I'm doing low ponies and the one that's in my siggy, but I'm ready for a change.

LunadeMiel

I have my hair in a ponytail right now covered by a bun cage. I've noticed that I get a lot of single strand knots when I pull my hair back...:sad:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I did a megatek protein treatment last night, just left it on for a couple of minutes. I followed it with aubrey organics hsr. Hair feels good right now, still wet but I got it clipped up.

Hair still feels out of whack though. Has been feeling funny for awhile now. I am just sticking with simple stuff until I can get it back on track.

What about you? Whats going on?

How is the HSR? I was on their web-site today thinking of trying it. Is it moisturizing? Good slip? I'm trying to decide between that and Alba's coconut cond.

carameldiva

Me. My hair is in tree braids. It has been hidden for a total of 12 weeks now. I use a mixture of megatek/microtek gel/turkey red castor oil/arnica oil/bergamot oil daily on my scalp. I sleep on a satin pillow case and take my vitamins and drink water. That's about it.

gymfreak336

My hair is feeling good. I'm using Aphogee 2min. every week and it seems to be helping my hair get stronger. I'm trying to think of a new protective style. I'm doing low ponies and the one that's in my siggy, but I'm ready for a change.

I have been buying headbands like its nobodies business in efforts of trying not to get bored with protective styling. I am trying to live in this bun until December when I relax again.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I have my hair in a ponytail right now covered by a bun cage. I've noticed that I get a lot of single strand knots when I pull my hair back...:sad:

Hi there, thanks again for helping my translate last week. My SO was like "your Kreyol is terrible but I know what you're trying to say", LOL I love it when a plan comes together. :yep:

BeautifulFlower

Well, I been taking this liquid dietary supplement and now my new growth is OC (out of control). My have to relax alot sooner then December.

Maybe I should just do a henna and indigo treatment to looser the curl up a bit.

I tried the salt and conditioner thing and it worked great. I think ill be adding it to my DC from now on.

Thanks TRAYCEE for the soft and creamy shea butter recommendation. I got it today and it is really creamy to the touch. It should last me a while too. I got the 1 lb.

Nothing else really. I dont do alot to my hair anymore. K.I.S.Sing it ya know?

Now...I'm off my soap box.

Solitude

6 weeks post & lots of new growth; bouncy/frizzy after a curly roller set.

Right now it's moisturized, wrapped up, and resting after a hard day of humidity.

gymfreak336

How is the HSR? I was on their web-site today thinking of trying it. Is it moisturizing? Good slip? I'm trying to decide between that and Alba's coconut cond.

If you are looking for something natural to try, the Aubreys is good. Especially with a little heat. You can also look into the giovanni smooth as silk or the 50:50. I love both. They give me great slip. I actually always follow my conditioning treatments lately with a little giovanni.

LivingDoll

I've been bunning mostly but I'm experiencing some minor breakage (wiry looking broken hairs) at my left temple. My hair is funny about protein so I'm kinda hesitant to use something hardcore. I glossed my scalp with a lil MT/Castor/EVOO and I hope it helps.

I've still been experiencing shedding with WEN so I don't know if I'll continue. I at least want to use up what I have. I feel like I really did well with my regimen that I'd built so I'm thinking of just going back to it. KISS with low manipulation is best for me. :yep:

crlsweetie912

Hair is THRIVING right now.
I got it cut in August, and it has grown enough since then that I can put it into a pony! :yay:
But I am worried about heat damage. I have been using chi and sabino everytime I heat style, but it seems not to want to hold a curl and smells "scorched" to me. Any suggestions?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hair is THRIVING right now.
I got it cut in August, and it has grown enough since then that I can put it into a pony! :yay:
But I am worried about heat damage. I have been using chi and sabino everytime I heat style, but it seems not to want to hold a curl and smells "scorched" to me. Any suggestions?

I got a relaxer 2 weeks ago and after she flat-ironed my hair it had that scorched smell but I just moisturize every day and use Aphogee's 2min. cond. once a week so far so good. No breakage and no dry hair. If I go back to that stylist I'll tell her to turn the temp down on the flat-iron.

JustKiya

Hair is chilling right now. I skipped my DC last night because I'm going camping this weekend, and so I'm going to DC tonight to give my hair the moisture to tide me over, so to speak. :lol:

It's generally happy, though my scalp has been - grumpy - lately. More itchy and twitchy than normal.

I've got SO MANY baby hairs, too - all my styles look fuzzy as soon as I finish going them, which is - irksome - to say the least. But, it means I've got lots of good new growth going on, so I can't whinge about it tooooo much.

andreab

My hair is shedding from the Megatek. I won't wash again until I get the garlic shampoo which will be this weekend hopefully. I am not going to leave the Megatek in that long anymore. I am not using the Megatek until the sheding stops. I have also been blow drying my hair whenever I wash. With the baby it was easier to just blowdry instead of taking an hour under the dryer. The heat is damaging my ends.

Ramya

I'm actually starting to like my hair again. Almost out of the awkward stage. I'm some weeks post and i've got a good bit of new growth. I'm not sure what I want to do about color. My hair is looking very red, brown and black right now. I kind of like it though :yep:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I'm actually starting to like my hair again. Almost out of the awkward stage. I'm some weeks post and i've got a good bit of new growth. I'm not sure what I want to do about color. My hair is looking very red, brown and black right now. I kind of like it though :yep:

I love your hair, your pics make me want to cut mine. :grin:

dlewis

I had Dh measure the other day and he said I was 4" from waist. :yay:

I still go back a worth between transitioning and relaxing.

I haven't done much with it in months and I seem to loose a lot of hair when I detangle, twice a week.

And Dh was teasing me at lunch about all the gray hair I have. He said I should dye it gray or another color but as long as it's one color. I told him when he grows and dyes his, I'll dye mine.

ItsyBitsy

I finally made MBL! I got a light trim & cut a side swoop bang for a new look. I'm still rollersetting every week.....Tis all!

chebaby

i have been using hydratherma naturals follicle invigorator for 1 month everyday, sometimes twice a day. my hair has definatly thickened and i see growth. however i do see shedding and breakage so this morning i got rid of my flat ironed hair and washed with wen and dudleys creme peotein. i will wet bun until sunday. on sunday i am going to do a light protein and an extra moisturizing deep conditioning. i hope that will help.

yuriko

I have a weave in just cowashed it last night. Its finally dry, and I just moisturized the braided hair underneath

CurlyMoo

My hair is soaking in Mega-Tek right now just finished deep conditioning. I sat on the phone for an hour with it in my hair before I sat under a bonnet blowdryer for 40 minutes. Now I am about to cream rinse. Then moisturize deep condition. I may leave some of that moisturizing DC in my hair and style. Or I may use Cantu Leave-in. We shall see.

DarkHair

I'm one week post relaxer. I've been using Bee Mine and already have new growth(???). I plan to wash and do my Aphogee Treatment tonight. I'll be rollersetting as well.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
It's ok relaxing in a ponytail right now.

I have about a half inch new growth all over. This morning I saw a few gray roots at the crown reminding me to henna this weekend.

bluevalentine

i'm bored with my hair right now. really bored and trying not to cut it all off or do something crazy.

i actually made an appointment to go to the salon next wednesday. i'm just gonna get a rollerset and a rinse, which i can do myself, but i miss the swang-a-lang that i've only been able to get with a stylist....wish me luck lol.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
My hair is doing great. I'm amazed at how easy it is to detangle my hair. I thought the detangling time would increase when I went natural, but it's just the opposite (probably because I don't have to deal with the relaxed hair fighting with the new growth any more). It literally takes me 45 seconds to detangle.

:woot:

Lovin' the natural side!!