Hair color question - Colourshines

ThursdayGirl

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone had used any of the Colourshines in Red? I am looking for a red...with a warm base... like a red-orange rather than a red blue. One color that I liked a lot was Red Cedar Brown in the beautiful collection by Clairol. Unfortunately it washed out in 2 washes.
. Any suggestions on a nice red by Sebastian? I like copper all the way to bright red (I've had both Ruby Red and Red Hot in Jazzing). I have a light skin complexion with a yellow undertone and medium-dark brown hair.

Any help would be appreciated. I want something nice for summer

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

Ginger would be a nice choice for you. It's similar to Red Hot - but with more orange in it so it gives a coppery color.

If your base (natural) color is any shade brown it'll probably be just what you're looking for.

KinksnCurlz

What if your base haircolor is black... would it still come out the same? Or can you recommend another of the colourshines colors? Thank you Tracy

Tracy

If your baser color is balck you'll get more of a "tint" - a halo of color - rather than something you can "see" . You can still see it, but only in sunlight etc. If your hair is dark I primarily recommend enhancing the depth of that black - with Coffee Bean or something like it.

Tracy

I did try Redaility and Reddissimo and they are good if you are looking for a ture red - a blue red.

Think of Charli Baltimore minus the bleach.
The undertone is that red she has but without the pale base that bleaching the hair provides, you'll get less pink and more of a deep crimson undertone that would vivisble to the color connisseur (sp?) and in sunlight. A good summer color for the braver color maven....

ThursdayGirl

Thanks for the advice Tracy
- you are the color guru! Do you have knowledge of the Reddisimo or Redality colors by Sebastian? Is one of them red enough to make my hair look like its on fire - you know a brighter red-orange (for when I'm in the sun of course
). I had a similar look with Ruby red (Jazzing)... but I don't want a purple/blue base this time.

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

Thursday,

I'm more of a daredevil than a guru.

Redality is what you are looking for. A true red - but with more orange than violet in the base.

Tracy

Your welcome chica! Let us know how it turns out.

And remember ::begin commercial music here:: With Colorshines you aren't only getting a new look - you also get the benefit of applying a low PH product that stay son the hair so it seals the cuticle and promotes better protected hair overall.....

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
If your baser color is balck you'll get more of a "tint" - a halo of color - rather than something you can "see" . You can still see it, but only in sunlight etc. If your hair is dark I primarily recommend enhancing the depth of that black - with Coffee Bean or something like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Guru... I mean daredevil
, I have a question, what exactly will I wind up with if I put coffee bean in my hair? will there be light brown undertones or something to that effect. Which color will show more, the ginger or the coffee bean? Lastly, will they only show in the sunlight or in natural light? Sorry for bombarding you, but I really want to do something different for this summer. Oh yeah, here is my last question
, can I apply the colourshines after I get my hair relaxed or do I have to wait 2 weeks?