Hair Confessions 2018

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I confess and repent the following sins:
o being too rough with my fine strands
o not following my regimen
o being hair lazy
o not eating right and drinking water so you can have a great foundation to grow from

Dear hair I ask for your forgiveness and as you contemplate your answer, remember "What Would Jesus Do". :amen:

JJamiah

I want to confess about 4 months ago, I was so stressed out with life, I went a month (each month of the four) without washing my hair. I am not used to that at all. I wash my hair once to twice a week. I now am back to TLC but only cleansing once a week.

GGsKin

I hate SSKs and I cut every single one I feel all the time. If my hair is out, it gets a mini haircut daily:cry3:I'm going pace myself with this thread because I have a lot of hair skeletons:badgirl:

I do this!
I confess I can't stop cutting my hair. I think I cut away all my progress last year because of my obsession to be knot-free. I confess that I am a product hoarder. That cool/warm water mess doesn't feel right, but I've been trying it out for the sake of my hair. I confess I could stand to be more gentle with my hair. I confess that I was looking for new hair scissors the other day.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
1) I confess I have way too many products, but I am going to work this stash in 2018 until times get better. *And that's a promise* Will Stash reduce greatly this year.

2) I hereby confess I will significantly curb my product spending in 2018.

3) Finally, I also confess I am having too much fun whipping up & using these DIY shea butter blends.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I haven’t trimmed my hair in years

LushLox

I love silicones - LOVE them

I like SLS shampoos, they will always have a place.

Trying to limit the comb usage but I still love them.

I love salon products.

I wash my hair over the bath using the shower hose, I very rarely do it in the shower. I haven't got time for all that getting in and out of the shower business.

Last edited:

PJaye

1) I confess I have way too many products, but I am going to work this stash in 2018 until times get better. *And that's a promise* Will Stash reduce greatly this year.

2) I hereby confess I will significantly curb my product spending in 2018.

3) Finally, I also confess I am having too much fun whipping up & using these DIY shea butter blends.

What she said, except #3. I have an obscene collection of products that needs to be addressed. Late last summer, I decided to diligently work on it and, so far, I've been thoroughly enjoying dipping into it, sampling new products, trying different product combinations and seeing the empty containers pile up (I keep the trash bin in my bathroom full of the empties to keep me motivated and focused). It's been very, very, very hard. Very. However, it must be working because I only made two purchases during BF/CM and they weren't the usual 10-15+ orders I always place. Plus:

- I use hot water to wash and rinse my hair (I learned years ago that cool/lukewarm water produces a "gotta stab someone" feeling afterward, which is not good for public safety)
- My brush is an old school hard bristled son of a gun that they will have to pry from my cold, dead fingers (I tried one of those sappy boar bristle ones and it looked like it wanted a wolly pop)
- I don't sleep with a head covering and I ain't never gonna
- I use lots and lots of DCs with cones. Cones are great!

SmilingElephant

- I use hot water to wash and rinse my hair (I learned years ago that cool/lukewarm water produces a "gotta stab someone" feeling afterward, which is not good for public safety) Yoooo...what?? :lachen::lachen::lachen:
- My brush is an old school hard bristled son of a gun that they will have to pry from my cold, dead fingers (I tried one of those sappy boar bristle ones and it looked like it wanted a wolly pop)
- I don't sleep with a head covering and I ain't never gonna
- I use lots and lots of DCs with cones. Cones are great!

@PJaye please explain the first confession! :lachen: I hollered at that! How do you feel like that over some non-hot water? :lachen:

Yes! I am a cone lover! I used to be super anti-cone, but now that I know my hair and about various ingredients in products, I know how they work so that has been a big help! :yep:

Evolving78

@PJaye please explain the first confession! :lachen: I hollered at that! How do you feel like that over some non-hot water? :lachen:

Yes! I am a cone lover! I used to be super anti-cone, but now that I know my hair and about various ingredients in products, I know how they work so that has been a big help! :yep:
Maaan! That cool/warm water is rough! I was cussing, not cursing! How does one handle that water hitting their chest? I won’t get graphic, but geesh! Lol

PJaye

It comes from the abject shock of the cool water hitting my scalp and the rest of my body. It feels like I've been assaulted and the urge to strike out is fierce.:lol: My hand starts twitching with an "I gotta lay hands on somebody" feeling coursing through it. I don't know how people do it. It feels like something they used in Guantanamo.

I used to be anti-cone, too. However, I've since learned that they make my life so much simpler. I struggled with tangles, knots and dreading for years; now, detangling is a breeze (five minutes and I'm done). As I said, cones are great!:lol: