Hair dilemma...straight to texture to straight

BFeathers

So after a year I finally got a relaxer and my hair is a lot longer and healthier but my hair is a bit strange.

I said I didn't want the relaxer to process very long and had it it maybe 20 minutes or so. Apparently my crispy crunch hair was kinkier than I thought because the roots processed pretty quickly and are straight but the middle chunk of my hair about 3 inches is still texture full like natural and the ends are straight as that's the previous last year's relaxer hair.

It was breaking a bit initially after my relaxer and I did a protein treatment over the weekend and that solved everything. I can take a very fine toothed comb through it and hear the "crunch" of natural kink and no hair comes out so I know it's healthy.

I just didn't want my hair limp and wanted body. So I have lots of body but in this weather humidity gets it puffy and it's just annoying. I can flat iron it but it'll puff back quickly and flat ironing after a roller set defeats the roller body purpose.

Is it possible to go back for a touchup and have the touchup only be in the middle section since that's the part that didn't get relaxed without harming my hair?

As it is when I do go back in 3 months for a full retouch my roots won't be half as thick as the middle chunk of my hair.

I'd say it's like pretty silky straight for 3 inches, natural hair blow dried looking kinky for about 3-4 inches then silky straight for about 3 inches at the ends. That middle section is driving me crazy:nono::spinning:

greenmetro99

I have the same problem.... There is no fixing it. I tried to go back and relax the middle but was unsuccessful. So I have waist length hair with 2 or 3 textures in it,

BFeathers

I have the same problem.... There is no fixing it. I tried to go back and relax the middle but was unsuccessful. So I have waist length hair with 2 or 3 textures in it,

How were you unsuccessful relaxing it? Did it just not take at all? At least it didn't break. That's my worry but the middle chunk being like this is just crazy and it looks ridiculous IMO.

I started researching scab hair wondering if that's what this was and that's not it. I did use the ORS Hair Mayo on the weekend and as of the past year it's been making my hair hard. I used it years ago and it was fine but that was when I'd just bag my hair and run the blow dryer over it verses sitting under the dryer now.

So THAT could be what turned my hair since that part is pretty much textlaxed very lightly. It's pretty much looking like this

-------zzzzzz___

The roots are straight but not bone. The middle is baby zzzz and the ends are bone straight from last year. Those zzzz's are killing me!

Last edited:

Evolving78

You can just do a corrective on the textured part. The key to virgin hair is to relax the middle to the ends first, then apply the relaxer to the roots. Just like you would with color.