Hair Dreams

SvelteVelvet

Do you dream about your hair?

I've been cornrowing and wiggin it for the past several weeks and toying with the idea of transitioning (yet again..I'm at least doing a 6 month stretch before I decide).

So last night I dreamed that I was taking my hair down from a protective style. It was in about 6 or 7 medium sized loose braids which were curled tightly onto these 'things'--they weren't normal rollers or flexi-rods. The way they curled it almost looked like my hair was in braided-bantu knots, but it was these things that made the formation. They would also fall apart very easily. On the first braid I tried to just pull it out from my head and about two inches of my braid and the 'thing' broke off like paper. So in my mind I thought 'ok, I have to slowly unravel them' so I slowly unravel each one and the rest of the braids stayed in tact in perfect spirals. Then I'm brushing my hair and it's super straight like I just took it down from a wrap, thick, silky and about 4 or 5 inches longer than it is now, except for the patch where two inches of that braid broke off. Then I decide to do this hairstyle where I grabbed a section from each side of my hair and made a thick bun, then I took some hair from the front and made a bouffant. It sorta looked like a geisha's hairstyle.

But the side buns were thicker and came down even further almost framing my face. In my dream I felt so much happiness for my hair being long enough to do this style..:lachen:Then I woke up like WTF?

kupenda

I had a weird dream last night. I was at some unknown persons house with abt four other girls and my SO. One girl says out of the blue "your hair isn't gonna get any longer. Idk why you keep thinking you deserve long hair". Another girl laughed and a third girl said "you want floor length hair don't you?" I said no but I didn't tell her how long I wanted to go. She said " B!tch please. Ima step allllllllllll on that ****". I just looked at her while she laughed.

I think I'm dealing with some frustration right now and a lil anxiety. My hair is at the longest it's been since I was a child and my next milestone is APL by abt two inches. I've given myself until March 2012 to get there, which I think is more than enough time. But I'm also feeling worried that I won't make it. I guess it's the "forever SL" mentality I always had. I keep thinking something will happen to force me back to a jaw length bob or worse, a baldy. I've also had the dream most naturals have talked abt, where a relaxer is added to deep conditioner at the salon. I've been self relaxing and underprocessing accidentally. Ive heard the receptionist at the DS I go to make a comment and I shot her the dirtiest look ever lol. I was on that time of the month then, and I am now as well.

OP...now that I've talked abt myself for damn ever...your dream sounds a lot more interesting and positive than mine lol. I love that geisha pic too. The lips remind me of star wars. I know, I'm a geek, I can't help it :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MarkisaDoll

I dreamed (more like a nightmare) I had a crazy hair stalker chasing me through a parking structure of my "dream" apartment complex...This guy, who had to be homeless and mentally deranged, thought that by touching my hair would bring him luck...Boy oh boy, I was in a marathon jumping over cars and hiding behind poles trying to get away from him. I woke up sweating and panting smh "Don't touch my hair weirdo!" :nono: :naughty:

EbonyCPrincess

Yep! I have had pleasant dreams and nightmares. The ones where my hair was long, full, thick and flowing at my goal length of full MBL. For some odd reason the good dreams are usually x-rated. :blush::lachen: Which makes no sense because I'm not in a relationship or even close to one or seeing any one person regularly. But in those dreams I'm feeling sexy and my hair tickles my girls. No clue why I dream that one when I do. :spinning: I've also had pleasant dreams where I am proving to my family that you CAN grow your hair long.

Nightmares have been in all forms. Stylists "trimming" several inches off, my hair just falling out in clumps, or suffering some other setback. Probably the scariest of them all is when I dream that I will never be happy and satisfied with my hair no matter how long it gets or how well I care for it. That's the most realistic and I've seen several people on this and other boards have this problem. People RARELY say "I'm finished with my hair journey I'm just maintaining" or "I'm so happy with the length and health of my hair." Although taking care of my hair is something I will always do, at some point I want to feel like I'm done, I've arrived, I'm satisfied, and moreso...I ACTUALLY HAVE LONG HAIR. No asterisks, no "maybe when I get to ____ length I'll feel like its long" or "maybe when ALL my hair is ____ length, it'll feel long to me." At some point I want to be able to look at my hair and say "It's healthy. It's long. It's exactly what I've always wanted and I love it!!!!" :grin:

Angelicus

lol @ you looking like a geisha. I had a dream where my hair was cut in a shot pixie cut and I woke up screaming because it felt so real. I guess I was in stage 5REM right before I woke up.

Pixie cuts do not look good on apple heads like mine! I don't even want to attempt to wear a wig to find out what I look like with short hair.

godsflowerrr

I have had hair dreams before ..lol. I treamed that I cut my hair really short in a terrible uneven choppy style. I was so happy to know that it was a dream when I woke up.lmbo!!!

MariposaSexyGirl

I had a nightmare once. I had woke up in my dream and my pillow was stuck to the back of my head lol. Like glued to the pillow. So I walked around with the pillow glued to my head because I was not about to cut my hair off lol. I'm glad I woke up.

AwesomelyNappy

i always have hair dreams where my hair is much longer, fuller and more beautiful than in real life. sometimes i wake up and believe it for about 2 or 3 nano seconds.

Monday i had a weird hair dream about Derek J (i just remembered about it after reading the thread about Derek J's hair salon in the entertainment forum) in my dream, i was getting my hair done in his shop and i was nervous and afraid and wondering why i was in his chair in the first place and how i got there. He kept talking about how he loved my hair (cause in my dream, my hair was wl natural and very lush). he was confused on how to do natural hair, yet marveled and kept holding it up to look at it and giving me "honey girl" comments like he never seen natural hair before. He was wearing tight black pants and a silver, partially buttoned woman's blouse and sporting his silver stilettos. All his service staff were buff, bare chested, cute, darkskin men with big smiles in speedos and bowties and were on roller-skates and were basically his boy toys. They ignored everyone but J. they skated around the salon and served hot combs and grease on a silver platter like a sonic carhop. I dont know why i was scared in this dream, but it felt weird and i kept wanting to go and didn't want him in my hair, but every time i stood up, he kept pulling me by the shoulder, sitting me back down in his chair, insisting that he hook my hair up with some curls and finger waves. I woke up after that with a serious wth moment. lol it was crazy.

Last edited:

ScorpioBeauty09

A couple days ago I dreamed my hair was waist length!:grin: I wasn't really doing anything in the dream other than sitting in class and preparing my notes. But when I woke up I was so happy because I'd love to have hair that long one day.:yep:

naturalmanenyc

Yes!!! I have dreams about my hair too. Sometimes in my dreams it's long and straight (MBL) and others times it's a huge afro like that lady with the world record for the huge hair.

The most recent dream was a bad one though, I was suffocating because of too much hair. Turned out it was not a dream though. DH's hair was all over my face (waist length dreadlocks) and and on my neck. He usually sleeps with it hanging off the bed but if he tosses and turns in his sleep his hair gets everywhere.