Hair Dye Alternatives

Caychica

I dyed my hair an auburn color (permanent) which I really didnt like. So a while after I ended up dying it black, also permanent. But after the washing & co-washing the black came right out & the brown was back! :rolleyes:

I tried using rinses because I didnt want to over process my hair but they only lasted for a week or two.

Are there any other alternatives that will last longer than a rinse?

Thnx in advance.

Caychica

No I havent. I considered trying henna but I read a few threads & I'm afraid to do it myself. lol

outspokenwallflower

I hear Clairol Natural Instincts in Midnight is no joke...supposed to be semi-permanent but that stuff will stick, and it's not damaging...it's got good reviews on the boards :)

Solitude

I started using Bigen. Rinses kind of dry out my hair, but Bigen leaves my hair soft. When I get around to it, I'm going to order a cellphane treatment from roundbrushhair.com

vie

try henna your hair will love you for it ... my hair is much stronger and longer with henna

yeswecan

When I'm not crazy, paying some so called hair"stylist" to jack up my hair I use Bigen satisfactorily. I do want to try henna .

Natural Instints really does work very very well.

I also don't think it was damaging.

I used to really like Bigen a lot but after some while it started making my hair feel very coated and rough almost. So I don't like it no more.

What is your natural color and what is your goal color? Also is your hair either too pourus or maybe you have lots of build up? Sometimes that contributes to poor color adherance.