Hair Gel For Phony Ponys or Buns

LJewel

Hey Ladies!
Can you all give me some suggestions for gels to use on my hair that will not make it hard or flaky when I wear a phony pony or bun.

I am a 4/b and my hair is thin.

Thanks so much.

LJewel said:
Hey Ladies!
Can you all give me some suggestions for gels to use on my hair that will not make it hard or flaky when I wear a phony pony or bun.

I am a 4/b and my hair is thin.

Thanks so much.

I can't give you suggestions because I don't use gels....but I don't think that many gels flake if you don't scratch them. But there are some that use Fantasia IC gel or something like that.

curl activor gel by shine it has aloe vera in it for dry hair, it works great for me and it's not drying at all.

I wouldn't recommend gels.

However, Elasta QP Mango Butter does a wonderful job of slicking down my hair (including 12 week old new growth).

try the bed head manipulator, i heard it works wonders especially for hiding those new growth nip naps on the edges. and whatever you do, DONT get that thick nasty black or brown gel. that crap will eat your hair up. try spraying a lil leave in (just a little) and then a little mango butter, wrap it up with a scarf to help lay your edges/hair down ( if thats what you're trying to do).

JazzyDez said:
I wouldn't recommend gels.

However, Elasta QP Mango Butter does a wonderful job of slicking down my hair (including 12 week old new growth).

ITA!

I'm a 4B---I was going to suggest this as well....

this is what I use--and it really slicks down my edges and hair. I just spritz my edges with a little water and leave in moisturizer first (mixed together in my squeezy bottle).....then use a lil mango butter.

I also wear a scarf for about 5 minutes (or more) before leaving the house---just to make sure my hair lays down like I want it to.....

apples said:
ITA!

I'm a 4B---I was going to suggest this as well....

this is what I use--and it really slicks down my edges and hair. I just spritz my edges with a little water and leave in moisturizer first (mixed together in my squeezy bottle).....then use a lil mango butter.

I also wear a scarf for about 5 minutes (or more) before leaving the house---just to make sure my hair lays down like I want it to.....

hey twin! you know you wrote the EXACT same thing i did lmao :lol:

This is GREAT! Thanks so much for your input ladies. I must confess I was thinking about some of the nasty brown gels. But not now....I will try the leave in Elasta QP Mango butter and the wrapping my hair tonight. :p

Thanks again.

Back