Hair Grease

Jada

Who uses grease? I am seriously thinking about going back to it...these oils and creme moisturizers are not doing it for my hair.

navsegda

I use Doo Gro Mega Thick on my scalp sometimes. I don't like cremes or oil moisturizers on my hair anymore either. I still have my huge bottle of Motions Oil Moisturizer and some Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing (which by the way, wasn't weightless at all on my hair) and I cringe every time I look at them.

However, as of late, I've started using the Dabur Amla Lite oil on my hair and scalp and it works wonders! (I use a little of the Vatika too on my scalp at times when I can get over the Indian curry smell).

rdm

I am a big supporter of hair grease!!! I use Avlon's glossifier and the good old time blue ultra sheen!!! I only put it on my ends after moisturizing...never on my scalp.

HoneyDew

I think you should use what works for your hair. I use grease if I need to and my hair has no problem with it. I don't use as much as I used to only because it makes me want to shampoo my hair more because it starts getting my hair greasy after a couple of days. But, there are many ladies that use grease here and there are some threads out there with ladies listing their favorite grease.

Gryphyn

I use a little grease and a lot of coconut oil. Water based products don't protectant my hair well in the cold weather, plus they cause my hair to revert if I use too much :( .

oduwu

I just recently started using grease again. Right now I'm using Johnson Products Ultra Sheen. I apply a small amount directly to my clean scalp right after I take the rollers out from my roller set. Also, 2 or 3 days before I wash, when I'm wearing my hair up, I'll apply a small amount on my ends. I thought I'd go back to grease because when my mom did my hair, she put a lot of grease in it. This was when I had hair down my back, before I ever started messing with it :ohwell:

navsegda

Kiwi said:
Water based products don't protectant my hair well in the cold weather, plus they cause my hair to revert if I use too much :( .
Ditto. If I use too much, my Solia and I will definitely be making a date because my hair will swell up with the quickness. I also learned very quickly that after getting my Solia, when I would use the Motions Oil Moisturizer or Clear Hairdressing that while my hair would still get straight, by the next morning it would be frizzy (particularly the ends). Since now I only use the Nexxus Heat Protexx, Chi Silk Infusion, and Garnier Sleek and Shine Serum when I flat iron, my hair stays straight (even the ends) until I get ready to wash it again.

neonbright

I use Holloywood Beauty Castor Oil in the jar. I don't call it a grease, but a little goes a long way and my dry scalp loves it...

Jada

I noticed I don't have the ping & popping hair when I apply grease to my scalp..currently using Doo Gro Light.

mkstar826

supersonic
i do! Softee coconut or herbal oil grease. nothing else keeps my scalp itch and flake free until the next wash but grease.

gloomgeisha

I swore off grease for a long time (roughly a year and a half) but after my last sets of twists kept getting frizzy within a day or two, I decided to do this last set using the Hollywood Beauty Supergro I had stashed away.

They came out wonderfully shiny, soft, and are holding up much better. I also like the fact that they're still supple three days later even though I haven't added anything to them since I finished. I'm definitely sticking to grease for my twists.