Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

VictoriousBrownFlower

Hair Goals
Current Length:apl
2014 Goal Length: Mbl
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
Hair type: 3c/4a
How you will achieve goal: Wearing protective styles. Washing once every two weeks. Deep condition with every wash.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 263
Goal Weight: 160
Current Dress Size: 22
Goal Size: 13
Fitness Goal: To work out at least 30 min a day 6 days a week. Eat right. And ultimately get and stick to a fitness regimen.

D.Lisha

So today I weighed in at 160.8lbs. Last night I completed day 2 of my Nike kinect fitness program (the program goes for 4 weeks).
In addition to working out rigorously I'm also doing a mini "no-sugar" challenge for this month, so we'll see how this goes!

Hair: I've done nothing new to my hair except M&Sealed it last night and tied it up in a scarf.

Sent from Atop of my throne, in a kingdom where long-haired bad b**ches rule ;)

Ms_CoCo37

Okay, I've reset my MyfitnessPal.com ticker to reflect my start date and weight as of today, and here is my starting hair pic (note the meaty arms, bubble bum and back boobs).:look::nono: image-584631334.jpg image-3613725604.jpg

Last edited:

surecutie

Excited for this one!!

Hair Goals
Current Length: APL
2014 Goal Length: Full MBL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural/texlaxed ends
Hair type: no clue!
How you will achieve goal: bunning, regular washing/DCing. Moisturizing my ends, drinking water, working out, taking vitamins

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 198
Goal Weight: 140
Current Jean Size: don't wear jeans but my slacks are 18
Goal Jean Size: 10
Fitness Goal: lose this gut, lift this butt, and shape up!
How you will achieve goal: tracking calories via MyFitness Pal, eliminating refined sugar and limiting non-complex carbs. Drinking 90-100 oz water daily and juicing. Ordered Insanity and I'm going to do that as well.

EnExitStageLeft

Completed My First Workout tonight. I also had nothing but water today to drink and I feel fabulous. I'm committing myself wholeheartedly to this challenge. I Bulls**tted the last one, but this year thangs' have GOT to gets better.

My Plan Of Action...

• I plan to take healthy snacks to work DAILY! Our snack machines are filled to the brim with CRAP!
  • I plan to de-clutter my spaces (Car, House, Classroom...EVERYWHERE I AM BASICALLY) to optimize my results. (A tip I got from my homie @demlew:bighug:)
  • I'm not drinking ANY soda. If I crave it that much then I will pick up some Sparkling Water and substitute that instead.
  • Invest in a nice lunch bag (to carry to work).
  • Exercise major portion control.
  • Lurk in the Health/Fitness Section More Often
(Will Update this list as the challenge rolls on)

As for my Stats....

Hair Goals:
Current Length: Full BSL (Recently chopped from MBL)
2013 Goal Length: WL
Hair Type: Transitioning To Natural
Hair type: Type 4 (I think:look:), Fine Strand, High Density, Normal to High Porosity
How you will achieve goal: Become consistent with my vitamins, Maintain this low-heat regimen Ive grown accustomed to and to up my water/veggie/fruit intake.
My Hair as of December 28th, 2013 (Day of My Chop):

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: WELP!.......312. 8 pounds heavier then I was last year..I should be ashamed, but I'm more motivated then anythang'....LEH'GO :happydance:
Goal Weight: Short-Term: (June 2014) 262 pounds....... Long-Term: (December 2014) 200-212 pounds
Current Dress Size: 24
Goal Size: 14/16
Fitness Goal: My goal is to be as fabulous on the outside as I feel on the inside. I'm a happy-go-lucky person, but that 2nd and 3rd person I'm lugging around is weighing me down :yep:

(Will come back and Update Body Pics later)

Last edited:

AmiJay

Hair Goals
Current Length: Full SL
2014 Goal Length: Full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Relaxed
Hair type: 4B
How you will achieve goal: Rollersetting, maybe wigging it

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 195
Goal Weight: ?????
Current Dress Size: 16 linebacker
Goal Size: To be able to fit back into my clothes.
Fitness Goal: To live a healthy lifestyle. Currently I work out using Fitness Blender on yt. The hard part for me is eating healthy.

AmiJay

Hair Goals
Current Length: Full SL
2014 Goal Length: Full APL
Hair type: 4B
How you will achieve goal: Rollersetting, Hairfinity, Inversion, Stretching.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 195
Goal Weight: ?????
Current Dress Size: 16 linebacker
Goal Size: To be able to fit back into my clothes.
Fitness Goal: To live a healthy lifestyle. Currently I work out using Fitness Blender on yt. The hard part for me is eating healthy.

jennwantslonghurr

Completed 3rd workout this week. So sore lol i think I will walk and stretch tomorrow. I've been drinking 8 cups of water but truthfully it's been hard. Does anyone know where you can get one of those water pitchers that infuse fruit into the water?

JassyMo

Hair Goals
Current Length:apl
2014 Goal Length: FULL APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type: 4a, fine
How you will achieve goal: Simplicity, low manipulation, protective styles

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 146.8
Goal Weight: first- 135, final 130
Current Dress Size: 4 (which is very fitted, yet size 6 is too big ugh)
Goal Size: not too tight 4
Fitness Goal: squats, abs with stability ball, push ups and walk/ run when I can
Toned body

LovelyRo

Hair Goals Current Length:sl
2014 Goal Length: Apl
Hair type: 4a/b
How you will achieve your hair goals: minimize direct heat, low manipulation styling, DCing regularly and m&s

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 178
Goal Weight: 160
Current Dress Size: 10
Goal Size: 8 maybe a 6
Fitness Goal: eat clean and exercising 4 days a week

ladybug71

Hair Goals
Current Length: NL
2014 Goal Length: Somewhere between past SL and full APL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: 4 B/C
How you will achieve goal: co-washing, deep conditioning, self-trims, sew-ins, wigs, two-strand twists.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 180
Goal Weight: 155
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: 10
Fitness Goal: lose 20-25 lbs, TONE muscle, more defined abs, and have better energy overall.
How you will achieve goal: Get my *** back to the gym, get back into Zumba class, weight lifting, cleaner eating.

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
Took my hairfinity vitamins this morning and did 30 mins of cardio.
This evening I'm taking an abs class at my gym

cynd

This challenge is exactly what I need. I'm in:

Hair Goals
Current Length: APL but thin with problem areas (crown)
2014 Goal Length: Somewhere between APL and BSL and thicker with measurable progress in problem areas
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: relaxed
Hair type: 4 B/C (I think, not really into hair typing though)
How you will achieve goal: frequent steaming, dcing, low heat, vitamins, ayurvedic oils, etc.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 158
Goal Weight: 125-130
Current Pants Size: 8-10
Goal Size: 4-6
Fitness Goal: rid my small frame of the extra burden I'm making it carry, say goodbye to back fat and find my waistline.
How you will achieve goal: hold myself accountable for consistently exercising and eating right. Continue eating mostly proteins, vegies and fruits. Work on drinking more water

Last edited:

levette

Count me in

Hair Goal
Current length- apl
Goal length- mid back length
Hair type :4a/b
Regime; using half wigs as much as possible, or pinning up my hair into an undo, washing 1-2x week Shea moisture shampoo, jbco 1x weekly, conditioning and then air drying and braiding into 2 plaits to pin up under my half wig, using gnc hair skin nail vitamins for growth

Weight goals
Current weight- 160 1bs
Goal weight- 148 1bs. I plan to exercise 4x a week alternating cardio and strength. Reduce snacking , using my fitness app to count calories

EnExitStageLeft

Just purchased the Shaun T's Rocking Body System from Beachbody. It was only $29 (Including tax and shipping). I can't wait till it gets here:)

LovelyRo

I just completed a fitness blender Pilates/HIIT Cardio workout. I took my hair vitamins, drank 16 oz of water and I'm currently sipping on a green smoothie.

jennwantslonghurr

So I wanted to make a run to the market and better health store but it's cold as Santa's b@lls outside. Maybe I'll go in few hours. I live in Michigan and can't remember it being this cold since I was a kid.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Im not an official challenger, but I will be checking in from time to time. I had my son 4 months ago so I need to lose 30lbs of baby weight. Im 164 right now and my goal is to get in the 130s

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My first mini goal is to lose 10lbs by March and grow an inch of hair. Current length apl. I do 30 mons of cardio and strength training 3 times a week. My biggest problem is eating junk. I find it hard to resist cravings. Especially when Im bored or stressed. Im a little bit of both today:blush:

xxinsanexxchels

Hair Goals
Current Length: EL&NL
2014 Goal Length: SL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed:
Hair type: 3C/4A
How you will achieve goal: Frequent cowashing, hairfinity, Liquid Gold, and regimen built products.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 210
Goal Weight: 120-160 (depends what it looks like on my frame)
Current Dress Size: 12
Goal Size: Rihanna I'm 5'7 same height as RiRi.
Fitness Goal: tighten and tone and obviously
will add my photo shortly I gotta figure out how to get it on here without it being sideways.

EnExitStageLeft

Checking In....

Today was a good day. Iate breakfast and lunch and had 1 snack in between. I ate about 2 1/2 hours ago, but still have that "full" but not stuffed feeling.

I seriously need to reverse my food related thought processes.

I tend to equate being "stuffed" with being "full". I think once I become accustomed to this feeling I'll be able to beat the fat even more :):):):).

@jennwantslonghurr

Girl I cannot wait to get it.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just did 20 mins on the stationary bike and 10 minutes of pilates. Now I feel lightheaded. Im done for the day :(

SkySurfer

Been doing ok so far. At least I haven't binged. I want to go for a run tomorrow morning and try to better my eating.

ckisland

This year hasn't gotten started for me yet :look:. BUT I have my groceries in order. I'm going to freeze my berries tonight or tomorrow, make my meal plan for the week, and I plan to start Sunday morning bright, early and with a good breakfast :yep:.

BGT

Since I'm lifting heavy weights this year, I'm going to focus more on inches and less on weight loss. Taking some measurements in the morning. Here's my weekly workout schedule. If anybody would like to know the specific workouts, let me know and I'll post or PM! I'm working with a friend who is studying to be a PT and he's keeping up with my workouts and diets.

Sunday: REST
Monday: lower body + cardio
Tuesday: cardio
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: upper body + cardio
Friday: cardio
Saturday: abs + cardio

Here are my meal combinations:

Breakfast
Eggs and bacon
Whole wheat bagel/cream cheese or waffle/honey and fruit
Peanut butter, banana and protein smoothie
Green smoothie

Snacks
Fruit
Pure Protein bars (very low in sugar and high in protein = perfect combo)
Wine :look:

Lunch/Dinner
Lean ground turkey/beef, salmon, tilapia, chicken, tuna and brown rice and veggie (usually broccoli, spinach and/or salad)
Peanut butter, banana and protein smoothie

I drink 4-700 ml bottles of water a day, which is ~96 oz or 12 cups. I give myself one full cheat meal per week. By full, I mean a burger combo with regular soda or pizza or sushi or Mexican. I gotta live. :lol:

Pics:

Attachments

• image-1326690949.jpg
    image-1326690949.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1161540882.jpg
    image-1161540882.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1923423425.jpg
    image-1923423425.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3878807986.jpg
    image-3878807986.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

ajacks

Starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Today. Also doing the 30 Day Squat and Abs Challenges. So I am moving in the right direction with the exercising. Not doing so well with the food yet.

As far as hair, haven't done much but I am taking my multi-vitamin and iron supplements again.

myfaithrising

Hi Ladies,

I'm doing better with both hair and eating although I really have to get on board with the exercise. I'm drinking more water which is better than the no water I was drinking. I am also using my nutribullet to make green smoothies. I replace one meal a day with it and I'm liking it. I'm working on getting my portions under control, I bought a food scale so ill start weighing and measuring my food to get and stay on track. I signed up for my fitness pal and spark people. I log on religiously for a couple of weeks and then it all falls apart. I'm going to start again, it definitely kept me focused.

On the hair side, I had a snow day!! So I used it to finish taking down my mini twists, gave myself the full treatment from prepoo to oil rinse. I reinstalled the mini twists and set into Bantu knots to style. I'm liking this style and it keeps me from over manipulating my hair. I'm going to try and ride with these throughout the winter.