Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is after 2 washes. Indoors it looks blue black, but outside it looks dark brown. I will do it again in a month or 2

Attachments

• 20150930_152154.jpg
    20150930_152154.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 17

cynd

I've been MIA for a bit but I'm back and committed to going full speed through the end of the year and I'll see what's left to do then. I (re)joined Weight Watchers last week and I'm down almost 5 lbs so that's encouraging. I cancelled my gym membership because since Feb I have gone a total of 0 times although I've been paying monthly. Shameful. I have a treadmill and I just ordered an elliptical so I will establish a routine at home and stick to it.

On the hair front, I can't seem to get past APL so I started taking Viviscal about a month ago and I'm seeing encouraging signs although it's a bit early.

Glad to see that unlike me, many of you have stayed on track and are making great progress.

@davisbr88, I could definitely use some pointers from you lady.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I skipped breakfast, but I had 2 cups of coffee. I just cleaned the kitchen, made all the beds and did 2 loads of laundry. Now I will take the kids to lunch and go shopping.

I am almost out of Alli and I don't plan to repurchase. I want to lose the last 15-20 lbs on my own. My focus right now is more on calories in than out. I can't go to the gym with my bone straight hair so I really have to watch my intake this week.

How are you doing this week ladies?

faithVA

I'm doing pretty good. Nothing going on with my hair. It's up in flat twist. Hopefully I have time to wash it tomorrow.

My weights coming down slowly but surely. I'm not getting my steps in because I don't feel like it. But I am watching what I eat. I will probably do some cycling tomorrow to get ready for this upcoming weekend. I'm hoping to be under 150 by early next week.

cynd

Weighed in at WW today and I'm down about 5 lbs since I re-joined 3 weeks ago. I plan to add at least 5 days a week of exercise starting next week to see if I can do a little better. The best thing is that I really feel like my motivation switch is turned on. I feel like there's no way I'm not going to reach my goal. Haven't felt like that in donkey years.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Great job @cynd! My coworker joined WW a couple weeks ago and she has lost 5lbs too. I need to go ahead and join so that I can have some accountability. Dh is an enabler... he keeps saying he wants to lose weight, but is constantly bringing sweets and snacks up in here for us to munch on while we binge on Netflix (excuse the pun).

davisbr88

Hi, everyone!
Man, I am so far behind! I've been super busy with midterms and doing some graduate school apps and I just haven't had time to log in. I'm so sorry!!!
I went to see my doctor because I gained a bunch of weight seemingly overnight and I found out I have hypothyroidism, candida (again), and a host of other nutritional deficiencies. My plantar fasciitis is also not helping. :-/
In any case, I can no longer be a vegan, so I am now transitioning into pescatarianism.
I'm starting off with a fat fast today to try to get into ketosis pretty quickly and to starve off this candida overgrowth, which is what worked for me in the past. I am hoping 2 weeks on the fat fast will get me back to 150 by Halloween. I weighed in at 162 this morning.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I gained weight too and it felt like it just crept up on me. I weighed in at 158 yesterday :( I started drinking a raw protein shake 2 days ago to help curb my appetite. I guess it works ok, because I haven't gone into my chocolate stash since I started.

cynd

Great job @cynd! My coworker joined WW a couple weeks ago and she has lost 5lbs too. I need to go ahead and join so that I can have some accountability. Dh is an enabler... he keeps saying he wants to lose weight, but is constantly bringing sweets and snacks up in here for us to munch on while we binge on Netflix (excuse the pun).

I just saw your post @Prettymetty. I missed my weigh in yesterday and I'm thinking about weighing in every other week so I don't get disappointed with how slowly the weight is coming off. I'm really hoping to get my elliptical put together this weekend so I can start using it. I feel you re DH, mine is always cooking something I wouldn't eat otherwise in the name of "helping" me with weight loss.

faithVA

I'm hanging out at around 150.? Not going up or down. Just going to hold it here until I can get back on track with working out.

I need to wash my hair but I promised myself I would be in the bed by 10 so it will have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I put some Kerastase conditioner in my hair (the moisturizing line) and put my hair in celies to wear under my wig. My lazy butt was just stuffing my hair under a wig cap all weekend.

Now that I'm wigging it again I can go crazy with cardio. It's too late to get sexy for Halloween, but I have time for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

davisbr88

I put in some two strand twists that I will probably wear under a beanie because the temps just plummeted and it has just gotten WAY too cold to wear my roller sets now. I will reserve those for special occasions until it gets warm again. Hopefully I can make the twists last pretty long. I'd like to keep them in until Halloween.
Ugh. I can't wait to move away from this place again. I am DONE with winter.

davisbr88

Just baggied the ends of my twists for bed. Winter demolished my hair last year, so I am hoping regular baggying will help me this time around. I sprayed diluted Juices & Berries and sealed with JBCO. What do you all use when you baggy?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm paying attention to my intake today. I really need to start back with calorie counting. As annoying as it is, it works.

Today I have had 2 quarts of water, cereal with almond coconut milk, seaweed salad, half an orange and a protein shake. I'm making pulled pork tacos for dinner. I really should avoid any sweets until I get back to 150. I weighed in at 158 this morning :(

I did a quick workout and I am already at 10000 steps for the day. I am trying to get to 15000

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My cranberry juice detox is working. I lost 3lbs overnight. I knew it was just water weight, but it still bothered me. I am drinking the detox all day today and tomorrow.

I mix 1oz lemon juice with 8oz sugar free cranberry juice and 16oz of water. I sip this mixture all day. Yesterday I had 3 quarts of it.

Amethyst67

I'm in and I figure it is not too late. I hope we have another one next year.
Hair Goals
Current Length: 4-5 inches. I did the bc back on 4/7/15
2015 Goal Length: 7 inches
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
Hair type:3c
How you will achieve goal:I will wash every week and alternate protein and moisturizing conditioners. I twist my hair once a week and spritz it daily with S-curl and wear wigs daily. I started it off with an inch or half inch after I bc'd and I retained about 5-6 inches since April. I did a trim this month and probably cut off about an inch. I also will steam twice a month and do a prepoo before I wash. I also will incorporate daily massages and up my protein intake.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 192
Goal Weight: 140-135
Current Dress Size: 16
Goal Size:8-10
How you will achieve goal: I will do the Body For Life regimen and cut out sweets. I will exercise 6 days a week and will have one free day. I will cut out fat and sugary foods and drink 80 oz of water a day. I read all of you ladies posts and feel that you all or doing a great job.

Amethyst67

At my doctor visits I see my weight yo-yoing between 197-204 lbs.
But keep in mind I'm 6'1. My weight is proportionate, yet I just want to be at the weight I was 3 years ago which was 150 lbs.
I'm 5'8" and just joined. I remember when I was 150 it looked good on me. I have some huge fibroids and the lady that did my ultrasound told me I will lose 25 pounds once I get rid of them. I trying to get healthy for my surgery.