hair growth during pregnancy... Faster? or slower?

(only if you've been pregnant) Did your hair grow faster?

• yes

Votes: 104 84.6%
  • no

Votes: 19 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunnieb

Not only faster, but thicker and shinier too! However, even with all that help from nature, it only grew a little past shoulder length because it was so damaged and dry to begin with. :ohwell: If I only knew then what I know now.....

Day Dreamer

My hair grew really well when I was pregnant. Then I braided it and my edges fell out. I have been shedding quite a bit but that has slowed down quite a bit. My hair was just so wonderful.I wish that i still had it.

douglala

My hair both grew and thickened up tremendously during my pregancy. I don't think I lost a single strand of hair while I was pregnant.

Now I am 3 months post partum and the shedding has begun. I'm scared as heck. Some people say their shedding lasted up to 9 months!!! And some say their hair was never the same again....or if it did come back it took a good year for their hair to even go back to their pre pregnancy state..... :(

4mia

with my son last year my hair grew soo long,but after i had him my hair shedded and looked horrible. i ended up cutting my hair to even it back out. Now im 8 months preg with a girl. my hair is growing but not as fast as before i know ill have to postpartum shedding, that im not looking forward to.

Sha76

MY hair grew like crazy when I was pregnant but after I had my children my hairline fell out and the shedding was a whole lot to bare. I cried everytime I washed or combed my hair because there was so much hair. Luckily it leveled out.

JMH1908

My hair grew like crazy...I was already APL beforehand then BSL when my daughter was born. I believe it was either my hormones or those big horse pills called prenatal vitamins or both :perplexed

BillsBackerz67

during preganacy due to the hormonal changes the hair dosnt go through a shedding phase. then once the pregnancy is over, the shedding occurs. prenatal vits do not help with hair growth IMO...and if they did why dont they help with the excessive shedding after the fact?

honeybadgirl

it became thicker. i noticed that when i washed my hair while preggers i would have nothing in my comb!:yep: no shedding at all!
my hair became thicker of course and grew longer. cant say that it grew faster. i went from apl to almost touching brastrap. about 6 or 7 months after giving birth my hair began to shed like crazy. i just trimmed my hair a week or so ago and its just past my shoulders:nono:

MizzCoco

So basically, I better enjoy my beautiful luscious hair for 9 months, cuz as soon as the baby is out, its gonna shed and look worse than before?? Great.

irsgirl

My hair grow like a weed with all five of my boys, but soon after birth it would always thin out and break off and I would cut it off and start all over again. Well I learned from the OB/GYN that the hair and nail grow thicker and and longer due to the extra estrogen our bodies produce during pregnancy. Once the estrogen goes back to normal levels the hair sheds.

g.lo

My hair fell out when I was preggers with my daughters due to morning sickness. With my son my hair grew like crazy.

had the same experience, my hair grew faster, thicker, shinier when i was pregnant with my son. completely the opposite with my daughter., it was dull, breaking, just horrible!

gaby