HAIR GROWTH FOOD DIET(research)

Choclatcotton

Hair Care

Hair Loss, Baldness

Diet/Food Therapy

A wholesome diet, rich in silica, calcium and iron, will help reduce or prevent hair loss. Green, leafy vegetables, especially sea vegetables, are good mineral sources. Raw oats provide silica. Dried fruits and cherry juice are rich sources of iron.

For women, thinning hair or hair loss can be a sign of a problem in the gastrointestinal tract. It could be a sign of insufficient stomach acids; It could also mean a deficiency of protein, zinc and other nutrients. Taking two acidophilus tablets after or between meals (four to six tablets per day) for two months will help.

For men, balding process can be slowed down by taking a low-fat diet. Some scientists postulate that the male pattern baldness is tied to increased testosterone levels during puberty. A high-fat, meat-based diet raises testosterone levels, and that may adversely affect hair follicles. For example, in Japan, male pattern baldness was very rare prior to World War II when the diet was lean and healthy. The Japanese now consume a more fatty, Westernized diet. Baldness is now increasing substantially among Japanese men. Eating low-fat foods may not stop hair loss; but it might help slow down the hair loss.

Anemia is one of the most frequent causes of hair loss. Eat plenty of iron-rich foods, like liver (Avoid if you are pregnant) and other organ meat, whole grain cereals, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, dates, and raisins.

The hair is comprised mostly of protein. To encourage hair growth, adhere to a diet rich in protein. A recommended diet for this purpose includes calves liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ, and two tablespoons of granulated lecithin. Along with protein, these foods are also high in B vitamins, an important nutrient for hair.

European studies have found that soy protein reinforces hair and stimulates its growth. In one study, The hair growth increased by 15 percent. Tofu and soy milk are good sources of soy protein. Other good sources of protein are: low-fat cheese, eggs, fish, beans, brewer's yeast and yogurt.

Another important nutrient for hair health is silica. Studies in the former Soviet Union have shown that silica therapy slowed hair loss. Organic silica added to shampoo was found to help prevent baldness, stimulate healthier hair growth and assure beautiful shine, luster and strength. Some scientists claim that they have effectively stopped further hair loss by adding silica to their shampoo. This can be applied externally to regrow already lost hair.

Silica is found in the outer coverings of potatoes, green and red peppers and cucumbers. Bean sprouts are also high in silica. Eat whole foods including sprouts.

Vitamin C improves the absorption of iron. Include a good serving of fruits and vegetables in your diet.

Vitamin E is important for healthy hair growth. Eat avocados, nuts, seeds, and olive oil on a regular basis.

If hair loss is due to thyroid dysfunction, eat more foods rich in vitamin A and iodine. Eat vegetables such as carrots or spinach in unrefined, cold-pressed seed oils such as flax, walnut or pumpkin seed and sea salt. Take turnips, cabbage, mustard, soy beans, peanuts, pine nuts and millet if there is a deficiency of iodine.

Caution: Excessive intake of Vitamin A can cause hair loss.

Foods to Eat Foods to Avoid
Foods to build spleen/pancreas:

Brown rice
Oats
Sweet rice and mochi (pounded sweet rice)
Root vegetables, such as carrots, rutabagas, parsnips, ginger, turnips, and onions
Winter squash
Black beans
Pumpkin
Black pepper
Brown rice syrup
To build or strengthen the blood:

Seaweed (wakame, arame, hiziki), when consumed daily, can prevent hair loss for many.
Microalgae
Vegetables
Beans
Whole grains
Nuts and seeds
Leafy, green vegetables
Cold foods and drinks
Sugary foods and drinks
Fatty foods
Animal protein
Excessive raw foods
Fruit, especially citrus
Tomatoes
Tofu
millet
Salt
Dairy products

Last edited:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Thanks for sharing........I know a lot of ladies already eat this way.
Not me. :look:
I eat some of the things mentioned.....but not most/all. :)

RegaLady

Thank you for this. My diet has changed drastically. Not just for hair or skin, but to look and feel good. Thank you for this info!:yep:

Choclatcotton

I'm going to try to stick to this as close as I can and see what results I get, Just thought I would share with my friends in case you might be interested. Sorry for so long.:yawn: