Hair Growth Tips!

Annakei

Maximizing Your Growth Cycle
The right vitamins and minerals play a major role in keeping your hair healthy. Any nutritional deficiencies can lead to thinning hair or even total baldness. It is a well known fact that an under active thyroid can result in frizzy or brittle hair while an overactive thyroid turn hair greasy and limp.

The bottom line to this thread is that your hair ultimately reflects the overall condition of your body. If your body is healthy and well nourished, your hair will be your shining glory.

If you are having any health problems or suffering from any nutritional deficiencies, your hair may stop growing or show damage.

If your body is in good health, you can maximize your genetic growth cycle through taking the proper blend of amino acids and B-vitamins.

It is also important to include B-6, biotin, inositol and folic acid in the supplemental program. It has been found that certain minerals including magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc are also very important toward maintaining healthy hair.

Beta-carotene is also essential to hair growth. This is because beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A as the body needs it, helps maintain normal growth and bone development, protective sheathing around nerve fibers, as well as promoting healthy skin, hair and nails.

Beta-carotene is found in green and yellow vegetables and fruits.

Protein Is Important
Since hair is protein, a diet that is too low in protein may cause some thinning in hair or a retardation in the growth cycle. The converse is true, If you eat a protein-rich diet it will often result in improved hair growth.

Some nutritional experts suggest the dietary utilization of calves liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ and a daily dose of two tablespoons of granulated lecithin to maximize hair growth, strength and beauty.

Other good food sources for protein include fish, eggs, beans and yogurt. Soy protein has also been found to be helpful in stimulating hair growth.

One study of the results of soy on the hair found that it not only strengthened the hair but caused it to grow. A great source of soy is tofu.

Growth Blockers
Excessive stress and some medications are conclusively known to retard hair growth. If you have a medical condition and your physician has prescribed medications it is imperative that you follow your doctor's orders regardless of the impact to your hair,

Warning: Always consult your doctor BEFORE you undertake any new type of vitamin, mineral program or herbal program of any type to make sure it does not interfere with any medical treatment you may currently be on.

However, if you are under severe stress it is helpful to reduce the stress as much as possible. Consider meditation or relaxation as a way to cut back on any major stress in your life. Your hair will love your for it.

Another secret hair helper is rest and sleep. It has been discovered that to grow faster, hair needs an adequate amount of sleep (7-9 hours are suggested).

Hair Growing Supplements
Eat right, exercise, reduce stress, rest, gets lots of sleep and your are well on your way to maximizing your hair growth potential.

You can either take a good supplement that contains the necessary vitamins and minerals or you can make up your own formula.

I have personally had some success (at least for me) with the HairTopia vitamins that are specifically designed to assist the body with the maximum hair growth building blocks.

For more details check out Jane Bullock's review of the Hairtopia Vitamins and also get the facts on what the vitamins consist of.

While eating the proper foods that contain all the necessary vitamins and minerals will help, it is a lot more difficult to guarantee that you will get all the vitamins and minerals you need from the foods you eat.

List of Supplements
In addition to making lifestyle changes, taking the following supplements every day can boost hair growth for many people:

Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)
Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg. of vitamin B-6
Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily
Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily
Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
One recommended daily dose of magnesium, sulfur, zinc
Silica (horsetail) - 300 mg. daily
Nettle - 250 mg. three times daily
Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet
Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
Hair Growing Tips
Some hair loss experts have discovered that people have excellent hair growing results by following the Zone Diet, which is low in fat. Many other hair care experts recommend the Zone Diet as very helpful for hair care concerns.

Here are some other hair growing tips:

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Thanks for these great tips! :D

I need to get it together with the vitamins (procrastination, I know). I have to go to CVS and get their brand of multivitamins with iron because those pills are small.

I know I'm going to sound like a baby, but...can anyone tell me which supplements have small pills or soft capsules? :eek: