Hair Is Lacking Elasticity

pbuckley

What should I use to gain Elasticity. My hair is a little past the clasp of my bra strap and I am a type 4a/4b. But my strands will just snap with the slightest snag. And when I stretch a strand it just snaps no elasticity at all. Is there something that I am not doing? or Is there something that I can use.

Queenie

PB, One year ago, my hair was in the same condition. I started using Ion Effective Care conditioner 2/wk for deep conditioning (20 min w/heat) and moisturizing my hair daily with a little coconut oil and water. I also used the Ion moisturizing shampoo. It took a month or two before it could really see the difference, but it worked for me. Spiking your conditioner with ~1tbsp of honey will help also. Good luck. ;)

pbuckley

Thanks I will try those products. I have been doing deep conditioning with Cholestoral with Honey in it for sometime now, but it hasn't seemed to help. I will keep at it. Thanks for the suggestions!

lexi08

I have heard that Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo/Conditioner is good for helping with elasticity. I am currently trying this shampoo and conditioner and so far it is working great for me.

songbyrd517

On the cheaper side, I would reccommend Porosity Control Corrector/Conditioner. It has really helped my hair. It is not one of those conditioners I would use all the time though, only as needed. It is not very moisturizing per se, but it does smooth and detangle very well. You should follow it with a moisturizing conditioner like your honey and cholesterol. I shampoo and rinse in the shower, then put on Porosity Control and comb through, let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute. Then I use Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol :love: and comb through (it moisturizes and detangles like nobody's business!). I either put on a plastic cap and stay in the shower for 20 to 40 minutes then rinse, or put on a cap and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes, then rinse and style as usual. I was in the same shape as you, but after using the porosity control along with my other conditioner once a week for 2 weeks (I wash once a week with no more than 2 conditioner rinses in between), my hair was great. Even after the first time, I noticed a huge difference. Afterwards, I just continued to use my cholesterol, and It I feel my hair needs it, I'll dig the Porosity Control back out. I hope this helps :rose: