Hair Loss& Bald Spot... Plz Help!

Irresistible

Okay guys, sorry its been taking me so long, This week at school was finals:rolleyes:

okay...here are the pictures...

View attachment 50068

View attachment 50070

:nono::nono::nono:Im not sure if its alopecia becuse the hair is growing, its just servely broken off. If the hair still doesn't show improvement after a month, we will def schedule an appointment.

This what ive planned so far. (this is what i typed and printed out for her to follow)

No more relaxers for a while.(a year at least) we will trim ur hair little by little until it’s even and as your bald spot/s fills in. Wear a wig which allows your entire hair to be covered.

Shampoo> Diluted Dr. Bonners’ Castile Soap> Weekly
Condition> Giovanni SAS> Weekly
Protein> Aphogee 2min reconstructor> Bi-weekly
Hot Oil> Helens Jojoba Oil> Biweekly
Leave in> Paul Mitchell> Weekly
Moisture> Shea butter Mixture> As needed
Growth Treatment> Castor Oil> Everyday

What do you think?
Screeech! I think the Reconstructor 2x weekly might be a bit too much and could lead to hard/brittle hair, not what she needs right now at all

locabouthair

I'm not a hair guru but I had a spot on my right side at the temple that was thinning pretty badly. I just used jojoba oil on it and massaged it and my entire head religiously. It's much thicker now. Also I know someone personally that used Rogaine and her hair grew back pretty good too. Just a suggestion.

PS: Welcome to the forum, you're gonna love it here!

I believe with that once you start using rogaine, you have to keep using it or else the hair will fall out again:ohwell:

manter26

^^^ I totally agree. I see no reason to hold on to the little bit of hair she has. It's so damaged. I would go to the doctor first, so they can see the bald spot. Then shave it clean and wig up till it grows in.

SilverSurfer

^^^ I totally agree. I see no reason to hold on to the little bit of hair she has. It's so damaged. I would go to the doctor first, so they can see the bald spot. Then shave it clean and wig up till it grows in.

Yeah I would agree with that. I have alopecia too and have pictures of my own hair in worst state than that picture above and when it reaches that bad, I would just always shave it all off and start over because trying to hide it made me too self conscious. Also have a dermatologist do a scalp test and blood work on you/her.

Last edited:

curlydrea

Thanks everyone. I dont think shes ready to shave it clean... she doesnt feel 100% comfortable with my help anyway. I can tell she feels insecrue about it. It it were up to me OF COURSE i would definately shave it, and wear a nice wig. Maybe after a couple months. :perplexed

Im also thinkin a dermatogolist appointment would be better sooner than later now.

To be honest im really scared that i would be able to help her save it:crying3:

curlydrea

Screeech! I think the Reconstructor 2x weekly might be a bit too much and could lead to hard/brittle hair, not what she needs right now at all

Okay thanks... ill do one this week, and see how her hair takes 2 that and to all the products. I may need to adjust them accordingly.