Hair Loss

ClassicChic

My crown area is my weakest spot. I was on the birth control patch for 3 months and then stopped. Right now I have loss scalp hair at the crown (almost bald). I never wear ponytails. I don't know if this is from the birth control or from stopping the birth control. Do you ladies have any suggestions. Currently I use Mizani products. I just started vits- One a day womens, Biotin 1000mcg, B-Complex.

greAtness333

It could be the birth control, if it's serious I would suggest seeing a doctor. What do you do to moisturize? How do you usually handle your hair? I would try Surge 14.

ClassicChic

I wash my hair about twice a week. I use Creme of Nature Shampoo. Sometimes I use Mizani shampoo. I use Mizani Moisturfuse to condition which I love. I usually just wrap it of blow dry it.

vickid

I used the patch for 2 yrs and suffered hair loss at the scalp. If you read the insert from the patch, it lists hair loss and a wide assortment of other maladies as side effects; I suffered from most of the side efffects. I went to the gynecologist and was told to use no birth control for at least a year to get all the chemicals out of my system. The dermatologist has given me injections in my scalp (they hurt!), I'm using men's Rogaine all over my scalp and 12.5% rogaine on the bald spots twice daily, nioxin scalp drops once daily and emu oil on my scalp 2X weekly and I have to wash my hair twice weekly. I've been getting scalp cleansings with glycolic acid and microdermabrasion to make sure the medicine gets into the scalp. After 3 months, I have begun to see hair growing in the bald areas (YEAH!) Log onto minoxidil.com and there is a wealth of information regarding hair loss. Start to treat it NOW because you will have a better chance of the hair growing back. It's an uphill battle to regrow the hair but it's worth it!! Good luck and don't give up!!!!!!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Ive heard birth control and oral conceptives can aid in hair loss. I was on birth control from March 2003 to Feb. 2004. Ever since I stopped in February and found this forum in April, my hair has gotten thicker. My hair is naturally fine/thin but when I was on Accutane for acne and birth control (u had to take it while on Accutane) my hair got thinner and would shed like crazy.
You're doing the right thing by taking Biotin because biotin helps thicken hair strands.
And taking B-Complex is even better! I started using Surge hair revitalizer plus 14 in May and it has helped thicken my hairline and the spots where my hair looked thin. Good luck...HTH!

**Tasha*Love**

It's kinda ironic how Kapri posted this thread today. Yesterday I noticed that the my crown was starting to look thin and fragile. Now that I think back, my crown started to give me trouble after starting the PATCH! I am already following Poohbear's routine (at least I know that I am on the right track) but I am thinking of maybe getting an IUD? I am going to consult my doctor because something has got to give.

ClassicChic

Poobear, exactly how should I be using the Surge. I am a PJ and I immediately went to the store to buy Surge. Right now my hair is 4b relaxed and medium length. Should I use it when my hair is wet or dry? Other ladies could share as well on how they use this product on thier hair. I would love to hear from women who have used it in thinning areas in regards to hair growth.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Well this is how I use Surge Plus 14...

After I wash my hair, I part my hair in sections and spray my scalp on each part I make. When I first bought it in May, I used it twice a day for 14 days and then I slacked after that. I just use it after I wash my hair.
Ive tried it on dry hair before and did not like it...its best when applied to wet hair.