Hair Products for Texturized Heads

options

I am newly and now successfully texturized - did a corrective this weekend. Well, I have not had chemically treated hair in about 12 years and even though I have retained a good amount of my natural texture - going from like a 4A to a 3C - I know I need a little schooling on hair products for texturized hair.

For example, last night I went to sleep with IC Fantasia gel, shea butter and IC Fantasia Hair Polisher on my head. I had my hair covered all night. When I woke up, it was plastered to my head! I guess it was the gel.

I want to know which products to use for moisture (please don't tell me to ditch my shea butter!), curl definition, hold and more.

Den1, ModelChick, Ginsana, et. al ... help me! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nanyanika

My fav products for moisture and defining curls are as follows:

L'oreal unfrizz taming creme: (for smooth, silky, frizz free curls its also very moisturising).

Elasta QP Mango butter moisturiser with added coconut nut oil/Wildgowth hair oil: (frizz tamer, curl defining/scuplting, lots of shine and moisture, absolutely wicked for slicking hair into buns, ponytails, you name it.

S-curl activator- (creates a lot of shine and moisture, epecially great during air drying curls)

Ultra sheen hair food (yellow one. gives great shine and soft hold, excellent for buns, ponytails etc.

Smoothing/defining conditioners:Redken smooth down butter treat cream, Redken All soft heavy cream super treatment.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I spray with a mixture of water, glycerin, african royale daily doctor, (and sometimes infusium leave-in) and call it a day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nonpareil

When curly - I use NTM SIlk Touch Leave In, Blue Magic (or African Gold) Curl Activator Gel, and Coconut Oil.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I use Humcetress w/Lacio Lacio, followed by World O' Curls or Stay-Sof-Fro. I put castor oil and avocado oil on my ends. After I'm totally dry I add more conditioner (a pretty good amount too) to make the curls clump more but dry softly.

Tai

I use Suave Milk and Honey as a leave in, smooth n shine curl activator gel, a touch of coconut oil on the canopy, and finish with Dream Curls. Once dry, both my natural and texturized hair looks shiny, feels soft, and the curls clump nicely.