Hair Products Wall of Shame.....

JuiceMobsta

Cantu shea butter leave in. Made my hair dry and break off and I was mad about it to. That stuff gave me the best looking curls before I realized this was making my hair break off.

It has protein in it, so maybe that was the culprit, collagen and soy protein,:yep:

nikolite

I used moisture max everyday back in high school.

So did I girl! And I actually thought it was some sort of secret blessing that the Pink Moisturizer girls didn't know about. I haven't used it in like a decade, but I remember the smell just looking at your pic.

CurliDiva

Henna - that ****turned my hard and ORANGE!:perplexed

In fact, any Indian products that do not have directions in English. I almost blinded myself trying to oil rinse with a indian oil that turned out to burn my eyes like crazy. I think it was for massages, only!:perplexed

All of those expensive, special order, supposedly natural ingredient stuff or products that some chick mixed up and now trying to sell as an hair "expert"!:perplexed

Any products found in the "pet" section - never saw any real proof that anyone hair grew longer using the "horse" stuff.:perplexed

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
chasturner84, i know right?! if i ever wanna start some locs and have them mature in less than a day, i know what to use! :rolleyes: that junk is horrible. ♥

knt1229

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In. I liked it at first but it gave me terrible build up. After a while my hair looked dull, was dry and wouldn't hold a curl. I had to clarify my hair to get rid of the build up washing with regular poo didn't do a thing to remove it. After finishing up the first jar I never bought it again.

Shea Butter. This stuff sucks for hair and it made my house stink. It coats my strands and makes my hair hard. IMO, the best use for shea butter is on the skin. It makes my skin feel smooth and soft and it works wonders on severly dry skin like mine. Even still, I like cocoa butter on my skin better than shea. I won't be buying shea butter for any purposes anytime soon.

Last edited:

Kindheart

I think what makes cantu leave in drying is propylene glycol since is the 3rd ingredient listen ,I doubt that 0,01 collagen or protein in it would have any real impact on hair .

Kindheart

Henna - that ****turned my hard and ORANGE!:perplexed

In fact, any Indian products that do not have directions in English. I almost blinded myself trying to oil rinse with a indian oil that turned out to burn my eyes like crazy. I think it was for massages, only!:perplexed

All of those expensive, special order, supposedly natural ingredient stuff or products that some chick mixed up and now trying to sell as an hair "expert"!:perplexed

Any products found in the "pet" section - never saw any real proof that anyone hair grew longer using the "horse" stuff.:perplexed

Ouch!lol I love this one ,I agree with the last two lines :grin:

chasturner84

chasturner84, i know right?! if i ever wanna start some locs and have them mature in less than a day, i know what to use! :rolleyes: that junk is horrible. ♥

I initially thought that I had just used it wrong...but you can't really screw up a LEAVE IN! :lachen:After I had sections of my hair ripped and cut out, I was done with this poison in a bottle :rolleyes:

Relentless

Reinventing
Cantu Shea Butter Leave in - It made my hair hard. :perplexed

Pink Oil Moisturizer - It made my hair look like straw. :ohwell:

shasha8685

--Pink Oil Moisturizer (I have memories of my mom saying "I don't know why your hair is so dry" all while slathering my hair with this junk)

--any kind of grease....doesn't matter what brand

--CD Kizzy Stay Put Pomade (not a daggone thing stayed put and it sat on my hair)

--CD Hair Milk

--Black N' Sassy Wrap Cream (made my hair a hard mess)

SignatureBeauty

I forgot to add Castor Oil, made my head a sticky mess and I saw no benefit in using it. I also agree with those about the Taliah Waajid Bodifier, that mess is a mess for my hair. Sealing with oils, does nothing but make my hair hard.

knt1229

I think what makes cantu leave in drying is propylene glycol since is the 3rd ingredient listen ,I doubt that 0,01 collagen or protein in it would have any real impact on hair .

For me, I think the dryness came from the build up so much of it accumulated on the hair strands it eventually blocked out moisture.

Vashti

That pink oil moisturizer stuff. Pure crap!
And any shampoo or conditioner more than $20.00. They really don't work any better for my hair that the ones under $10.00. :perplexed

Lady S

what is in pink oil?

Deionized Water- Aqua , Mineral Oil- Paraffinum Liquidum , Lanolin , Beeswax- Cera Alba , Petrolatum , Sodium Borate , Panthenol- Provitamin B5 , Tocopherol- Vitamin E , Sorbitan Oleate , Ethylhexyl Dimethyl , PABA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Fragrance- Parfum , Hexyl Cinnamal , Benzyl Salicylate , Limonene , Benzyl Benzoate , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Linalool , Geraniol , Citronellol , Benzyl Alcohol , Red 33- CI 17200

Ms.Christ3n

Hawaiin Silky
CareFree Curls

My hair cursed me out for using these on it. Will never buy again. My hair just doesn't like them.

LABETT

Clairol Daily Renewal Conditioner-This stuff was crap,made my hair dry and brittle.:nono:
This product was so made it did not last on market for 6 months.

LABETT

That pink oil moisturizer stuff. Pure crap!
And any shampoo or conditioner more than $20.00. They really don't work any better for my hair that the ones under $10.00. :perplexed
I agree with ya about the expensive poo's,Aveda Damage Remedy (24-bucks)cant hold a candle to Elucence MB (8-bucks).

princessdi

These products didn’t do JACK for me!
Qhemetbiologis Burdock Root Butter Cream – moisture, what moisture?
ORS Carrot Oil Crème – this was okay on freshly relaxed hair but didn’t do jack on long stretches.
Kinky Curly detangling Leave-in – my relaxed hair just laughed at it; I’m assuming it’s made exclusively for natural heads
Aussie 3-Minute Miracle
Paul Mitchell Super-Charged Conditioner – only used once, but don’t like the results; may work better on freshly relaxed hair; my 16 weeks post hair laughed at it.
Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion - I used this stuff religiously back in high school; maybe that’s why I never had hair past my shoulders.
Hawaiin Silky – my hair was a tangled mess with this product
CareFree Curls – and this one too (tangled mess).
It is very intereting how products work differently for different people. It just goes to show you, what works for someone else may not necessarily work for you.

prettyplump04

When I used to be relaxed Dark and Lovely left my arse Bald and Ugly :wallbash:

JerriBlank

This stuff right here is marketed as a leave in.
My hair would feel sopping wet upon application,but as soon as it dried,the hair would completely dry out and become hard and stiff.
I repeat,this stuff is marketed as a leave in.:perplexed

Kimiche

Let's keep this thread rolling.

I must add:

Hawaiian Silky and all other juices because of the glycerin. My hair thinks that glycerin is the devil.

Nova

Luster's Pink Oil - Made my hair extremely dry!
ORS Carrot Oil - Did nothing for my hair.
Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream - Purch. to help smooth down new growth to extend relaxer. Did absolutely nothing for my roots or detangling!!! Made my hair very oily!!!

OsnapCnapp!

Some Parnevu crap. The stuff is just...crap.

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In-It started out ok but then I started getting little white balls on my hair. Maybe I was using too much? IDK, but after a while I didn't like it.

KCCC-Now the Come Clean shampoo is a great clarifier but all the other stuff, ESPECIALLY the Curling Custard, I think that stuff was formulated for like...3b, 3c heads. Im straight CNAPP that stuff went on my hair and slid right back off. No curl no nothing. And its sticky too.

Let's Jam-Yeah that stuff is just wet hair grease or should I say sticky hair grease.

I used to use this stuff you guys:

Im not even sure why because it is just like....its worthless. First, it doesn't repair anything. Second, it has like glitter or something in it that makes your hair look sparkly. It was just some weird stuff my ex husband bought me from WalMart I used for a while and I was just using it and had no idea why. :perplexed

Profectiv-Now, they do have some good stuff but the stuff for EDGES and GROWTH its no good.

Sulu Max Hair Gro-Used it for a year and edges were still a fright.

Ltown

Greyland
Here is my wall:
Hairveda
KCCC
Beemine curly butter
Afroveda
Qhemet
HE conditioners
Oyin
Cantu leave in