Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by kizzylonghair, Jul 14, 2010.
lets jam gel
any hair spray
sulu max gro lmao!
I love Cantu Leave! Especially for twisting. I only use a smear per twist and seal with oil. A little goes a long way. No buildup after 2 weeks.
Carols Daughters Hair Milk was an epic FAIL.
Anything with mineral oils or petroleum: FAIL.
Hawaiian Silky: FAIL.
LOL! I bought some of this a few weeks ago because I heard so many good things about it. It was 'OK' at best. I will stick to my $3 conditioners, thank you very much!
Agreed! $13 for something that goes into the hair and disappears.
That was my reaction! I tried it twice with steam on both occasions. It's did nothing, if anything, I had a hard time washing it out. I still have the bottle which is three quarters full and I will probably toss it.
Yep...I am certainly sticking to my $1.27 ORS Replenishing Pak. I was so disappointed!
1. Aveda damage remedy shampoo-- dried my hair out!
2. Elasta QP DPR- 11-- dried & tangled my hair SSOOOOO bad! If they gave this ish away for FREE, I'd STILL demand my $$$ back!
3. Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner-- dried & tangled my hair something fierce
4. ORS Replenishing pak-- I liked it when I first began my hair journey, but now for me it gives no slip and just sits on my hair
5. Aphogee 2 step hardcore protein--- I know several ladies use this, but every time I used it, it took days to get my hair moisture level back to normal. My breakage was always WORSE after this treatment, and I followed the directions on the package to the letter
You know, what would really be helpful is if people would include their hair type in their posts (I know, bad Angiet ). Then I'd have a better idea of what products are a no go for 4b hair like mine and those with 2-3a hair would know what was too heavy for their hair. I would guess that these opinions are completely subjective otherwise.
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Cantu Leave in
BRBC made hair oily but works great on Mother in law hair
Hawaiian Sily 14-1
Carols daughter milk
Ors olive oil lotion
ors replenishing pak
Both Feria & Natural Instincts dried out my hair more then any other dye. I know some people have had good experiences w/ Natural Instincts. I was not one of them.
Pink Moisturizing Conditioner ,this was too drying even as a cowash !!
911 Leave in -crunchy mess
Motions Pink Lotion-smells terrible and made my hair dry and greasy all at once.
Ors Olive Lotion -it used to be good now it has mineral oil and cones in it and its just crap.
Ors Mayonnaise -left a film on my hair
Hollywood creams-not the worst still no significant results.
Motions lavish shampoo -dry and straw like
Carols daughter shampoos-dry crispy mess
i ll come back with more i need to remember em all lol
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In (made my hair soft, when dried..BRICK)
Giovanni Direct Leave In (Just sits on my hair)
Aphogee Green Tea Keratin (Made my hair very hard)
BM Dejas Milk (Smelled great, dried out hair)
Hairveda Whipped Green Tea Butter (not sure what this does to my hair..just knows it's not a good thing)
Shea Butter (hair hates this stuff)
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (my hair laughed AND tangled)
Originally Posted by LaFemmeNaturelle
Don't come at my bestfriend like that!
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration-yuck
Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle- YUCK
Aussie Moist 3 Minute Reconstructor-YUCK
Organic Coconut Milk Conditioner-YUCK
All of these products make my hair feel like STRAW
I second you on this. HeHH is my staple product. No complaints from me!
I'm going to gone head and put this one up here, cause I haven't seen it yet
I will admit it, I bought Curly Pudding twice before I realized I was getting ripped off! Never again will I pay $50 dollars for this stuff. Not only did it take like three days for my hair to dry, but my hair felt so nasty once it was dry. I tried using less product, but my hair ended up a frizzy H.A.M. (Need I re-emphasize that this is waaay overpriced?) There are so many other options out there that are better and cheaper!
HH LTR: Left my hair hard and dry.erplexed
cantu shea butter: left my hair feeling like a matted mess
HH LTR conditioner: although it smelled yummy this stuff was horribile! The bottle is still full including the leavin. PM me if you want it
Organix hair milk: was a waste of money
Eco styler olive oil gel: Hated it! left my hair crunchy and dry
As a licensed Product Junkie Specialist, my list of “avoidables” is quite long and goes as follows:
- All Alba conditioners as well as the leave-in – these are non-products (they have weight and take up space, but provide nothing beneficial to the hair)
- ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer – all this did was unbalance my wallet; provides NO moisture at all
- ApHogee Provitamin Leave-in – I did leave it in…the cabinet under my sink; this sucked on a major scale
- All Aubrey Organics Conditioners – they provide very little moisture while assaulting your nasal cavities
- Avanti Silicon Mix – someone lied en Español; nothing but a tub of overly perfumed blue-green crapola
- BB Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion – nothing but reformulated Luster’s Pink Lotion
- Beyond the Zone Stiff Head – …and bald head
- Elasta QP products – with the exception of the shampoo, are all a total waste of time and money
- Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil – the fractionated type works much better
- Hawaiian Silky 14-in1 Miracle Worker – hard hair via a bright white nozzle
- IC Fantasia Hair Polisher Solid Ice Pomade – otherwise known as Let’s Jam
- Jessicurl Too Shea Moisturizing Conditioner – very good ingredients that failed to translate into efficacy
- Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm – meh; didn’t live up to its LHCF hype
- Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner – meh squared
- Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion – detangle your way to protein overload
- Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave-in – it didn’t work today or yesterday, and it probably wont work tomorrow
- Kiss My Face Obsessively Organic Whenever Conditioner – nice ingredients; bland outcome
- All L’anza products – overpriced keratin overload
- Let’s Jam Shining and Conditioning Gel – also known as the Forehead-Greasinator
- Long Aid Activator Gel – it's good if you're going for the like Stiff ‘N Style look
- Mane N Tail Detangler – this simply does not work
- Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner – a super FAIL
- Nature’s Gate Conditioners – they smell badly and perform even worse
- Paul Mitchell The Detangler – Paul lied!
- Qhemet Biologics Tea Soft Gel – it’s neither a gel nor a pomade; costs too much to be an iffy product
- Roux Fermodyl 619 Leave-in Hair Treatment – overpriced mediocre ampoules
- Salerm 21 B5 Provitamin Conditioner – a nice, thick, creamy tube of NO-THING-NESS
- Skala conditioners and masques – they initially appear to work well, but will surreptitiously cause breakage and serious volume reduction
- Vegetable Glycerin – humectant my
Looking at these lists...I'm thinking about Teri's LaFlesh's method of looking up ingredients and figuring out which of these "bad" products contain something that makes the hair hard.
these are my babies...the organix coconut milk is aight, but i got it for free and wouldnt repurchase, i never tried the reconstructor but it sounds like protein and my hair is not fond of that
but i HATE (with a very deep passion) Suave Humectant, and VO5 Free me Freesia (i think its the smell) ...and pink oil moisturizer, but thats kind of a given
WOooOOooo Chile that's along list!!
Silicone mix a made my hair a knotted nappy mess. It was a hair disaster.
Vitapointe - greasy hair that was not moisturized
Shea butter - tangled matted hair
Creme of Nature - again with the greasy hair that was not moisturized
Ojon - I keep using it because I got super size from QVC and can't return it
cowashing - hair was happy...scalp was NOT
gel in general - my hair no likey
AOHSR - again with the shea butter
Miss Jessie's - great for the hair style but build up city
-Vo5 conditioner & Shampoo (drying)
-Suave clarifying shampoo (drying)
-Cantu leave in (entirely 2 heavy & greasy, im not heavy handed, and build up)
-Ion Heat Protection Thermal Spray (drying)
-ORS olive oil hair spray (coats your hair, and looks nice at first, till *poof* it dries and your hair turns to straw)
-Organics hair mayonnaise (made my hair feel horrible)
-Africa's Best Organic Cholesterol Tea Tree Oil (HATED IT!!)
-Eco styler gel (heavy)
-Fantasia IC Gel with Sparkelites (dry & crunchy)
-anything Profectiv (way 2 greasy 2 me)
-anything Dr.Miracles (falls short of its name...by far)
-Ultra Sheen Conditioning Hair Dress (yes when I was relaxed, horrible on natural hair)
-Wild Growth Hair Oil (smells horriddd!! made me make an oil mix on my own)
-IC Hair Polisher (way 2 thick)
-Elasta QP Glaze
-Elasta Feels Like Silk Liquid Styling Gel (does nothing for my hair, not even the edges)
-Qhemet Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist (again, did nothing)
-Honeybush Tea Soft Gel (this should not be called a gel AT ALL)
-Hairveda whipped clouds (I love hairveda, but this does not have a hold of more than a few minutes, even when using a scarf)
-Oyin Shine & define (left flakes in my hair)
-Aphogee balanced conditioner(nothing), pro vitamin leave in (nothing) Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor(made my hair super frizzy )
-African Pride braid spray (strong peppermint smell, did absolutely nothing)
-Better Braids braid spray (MAJOR BUILD UP)
FANTASIA IC Leave-in Hair & Scalp Treatment (yellow label- wayyy 2 greasy)
**this is all I can think of now...when I get home from work I'm sure I'll have more, I have a box of junk sitting in the closet
haha....i can't stand that crap wither. i tried it MULTIPLE times in an attempt to convince myself i was using it wrong. that definitely wasn't the case.
NTM Hair Mask -- still sitting on my shelf cause it did NOTHING
Organics Hair Mayo left seeds and twigs all in my hair....wtf
whatever that Motions DC is that I bought in a huge tub when I first joined LHCF....convinced myself I was getting "quality" hair products....I was so mad I got it from a BSS cause I couldn't return that mess
Motions conditioning shampoo....see above
Isn't there something to the point that what works for one person may not work for another, though?
So, the Wall of Shame is a moot point. Some of these products do work.
Re: Hair Products Wall of Shame....
Giovanni shampoos and condtoners (too thin I have to have thick products)
Trader Joe Nourish and Spa (just like Giovanni not thick to my hair at all)
All Pantene products- Drying cheaap mess = concete hair
Hairveda whipped cream (just sat on my hair like a lead weight, super disapointing afte waitng so long to receive it
Haiveda Vatika ( smells pretty, sat on my hair used for pe-poos to get rid of it)
Shea butter/Beeswax ( tooo heavy, even fo me difficult to poo out)
May be back to add more later.........
Did I just read sheabutter and beezwax???? DId you buy that in a container or did you make it yourself??? I have to ask.. why would someone put beezwax on their hair?
HE Shampoos & Conditioners - Dry hair, no slip
NTM Leave-in - Nothing spectacular
Elasta QP Mango butter - Dry hair
Joico Intense Hydrator - Not very hydrating, no slip
Cantu Leave ins - Dry hair...
GVP Extreme Anti-Snap - doesn't have ceramides like the original product
GVP Conditioning Balm - Straw hair
Straight Castor Oil - Greasy, clumping mess
I hate shea butter.
Black and Sassy nasty sweet smell, mushy hair...
Pink Oil ugh but it smelled nice..