Hair Products Wall of Shame.....

LadyPBC

Some very interesting responses in this thread!

I'll have to give it some thought then return with a response.

Fab_Nikki

I like let's Jam but it can't be used when it's warm out. I actually have a pic where jam is running down my face & I was not happy.

:lachen::lachen: Been there too sista!!! lol

My Wall of Shame iten is Pump it up!!!! Hair spritz. I wish I WOULD try to fix one of my waterfalls that needed some freshing up. With this stuff on it, not happenin'. Once it was "pumped up" that's all she wrote, until you washed your hair.

Detroit2Dallas

I like let's Jam but it can't be used when it's warm out. I actually have a pic where jam is running down my face & I was not happy.

:lachen::lachen: Been there too sista!!! lol

My Wall of Shame iten is Pump it up!!!! Hair spritz. I wish I WOULD try to fix one of my waterfalls that needed some freshing up. With this stuff on it, not happenin'. Once it was "pumped up" that's all she wrote, until you washed your hair.

OMG!:lachen: I can always tell who has stiff hair because the smell of this stays on the hair until it is washed out, no matter how long a person takes :nono:

Guitarhero

Pink Oil Moisturizer (and anybody else's knock-off variety, including Hawaiian Siilky)

ANYTHING Carol's Daughter. Just horrible products!!!

NikkiQ

Okay...this is just too funny!

I'm gonna go with the oh so wonderful Pink Oil Moisturizer, brown gel that turned my skin a totally different freakin color, and lastly....B&B grease. My mom used to lather my scalp with that mess and it didn't do anything but clog my pores and make me smell like coconut.

brucebettye

Cantu shea butter leave in. Made my hair dry and break off and I was mad about it to. That stuff gave me the best looking curls before I realized this was making my hair break off.

LushLox

^^^ I used this religiously as a youngster, not sure why though as it didn't repair anything! :lol:

I co-sign on the Cantu Shea Butter leave in. It worked great for me and it smelled amazing. However I only used this twice (about a week apart) and the build-up was out of control by the second time I used it. Not wanting to accuse the product I thought I just had dandruff until I came on here and saw others complaining about it. Now I'm stuck with a practically full jar that it useless.

ETA: How could I forget Dr. Miracles. What a joke! I bought that **** in high school/college thinking I was really doing something :lol: Their grow-balm or whatever it's called reeks and has zero results! I usually waited to apply DRM before bed but once I applied it before I went out with friends. While we were on the metro all they could talk about was the strong smell of cloves. They talked about it so much that other people around us started chiming in. I was so ashamed that I couldn't even bear to tell them it was my hair. I told them it was a sandwich in my bag :rofl:

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

I use to LOVE me some pink oil, that was all I used back in the day!!

Shea Butter, Refined or Unrefined does nothing to my hair, no matter whicha way I mix it up, it is just too heavy & greasy, I feel like I am using mineral oil. (No Offense Shea Butter Lovers)
Dr. Miracles
Carols Daughter
Eco Styler Gel,Flaked my head sumthin terrible I don't Like it.
So called Natural Shampoos- dried my hair out sumthin terrible
Elasta Qp Conditioning Shampoo- Nothing conditioning about it, my hair was coated like sumthin terrible. & Yes I clarified before hand. I have so much more but can't think!! WONERFUL THREAD! Goes to show everyones hair is Different! & Likes different things!

JuiceMobsta

Pink Oil Moisturizer is demon oil!!! Will seriously dry your hair!!

You know, if you read the back of an Scurl No-drip bottle it says this:

"For additional conditioning, apply Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion to hair and scalp atleast two(2) times a week to seal in moisture."

So thats why it makes peoples hair dry, it has to be used as a "sealant" or not used at all. Anything that says "Oil Moisturizer" will get the side-eye:)eye:) from me...these products usually have mineral oil or petrolatum high up on the list and should only be used AFTER a regular moisturizer. :yep:

serendipity

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner-Overpriced and did nada for my hair.

Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner-same as above

Lustrasilk Moisture Max Lotion-As bad as the Pink oil one.

Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Smoothing Conditioner- runny with no moisture or slip.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Organic Hair Creme Lavender Coconut -Drying

Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer-Possibly the worst conditioner I've ever used in my life. Hair was dried to a crisp and tangled to boot.

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier-Very drying and not detangling

Sheamoisture Shea Butter Leave in Conditioner-Overpriced and drying

Last edited:

Sade'

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner-Overpriced and did nada for my hair.

Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner-same as above

Lustrasilk Moisture Max Lotion-As bad as the Pink oil one.

Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Smoothing Conditioner- runny with no moisture or slip.

Dr. Bronner's Magic Organic Hair Creme Lavender Coconut -Drying

Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer-Possibly the worst conditioner I've ever used in my life. Hair was dried to a crisp and tangled to boot.

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier-Very drying and not detangling

^^^ ITA!!!

LouLou1355

You know, if you read the back of an Scurl No-drip bottle it says this:

"For additional conditioning, apply Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion to hair and scalp atleast two(2) times a week to seal in moisture."

So thats why it makes peoples hair dry, it has to be used as a "sealant" or not used at all. Anything that says "Oil Moisturizer" will get the side-eye:)eye:) from me...these products usually have mineral oil or petrolatum high up on the list and should only be used AFTER a regular moisturizer. :yep:

Girl, I was using that mess religiously back in high school, and back then I didn't have since to read the ingredients. You live and learn... :yep:

chasturner84

this stuff is horrible! i tried it while i was transitioning, and as soon as i put it on my hair, my hair was stuck together and hard as heck. i returned it to sally's the next day. ♥

I hate this product!!! It was the reason why I started on my HHJ (so I guess I should be grateful). I was using this when it caused my relaxed hair to lock and dread. :nono: Never again!

wish I WOULD try to fix one of my waterfalls that needed some freshing up. With this stuff on it, not happenin'. Once it was "pumped up" that's all she wrote, until you washed your hair.

LOL! I remember spraying this on my waterfalls and those bad boys would be SOLID! :lachen:

kizzylonghair

Oh my, why did you start this thread??? Its on:

ORS replenishing PAK did not moisturized my hair at all
Hairveda products - don't know why they didn't work for me. ended up mixing it with everything under the sun. Like the Almond glaze but on the build up!

:poke: Thats my DC Staple:lachen:

kizzylonghair

OMG, I'm in class and I'm biting my lip! This thread is hilarious! I have to cosign on the Jam, that mess will melt off your hair on a hot day and your face will look like its patton leather from all the Lets Jam sliding down...cant say how many times Jam has embarrassed me like this. Its my frienemy :(

:busted: :lachen:I cant speak

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Salerm 21
Elasta QP DPR-11

All these products I listed made my hair feel like straw.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Suave, VO5 and Tresseme conditioners - make my hair feel coated.

EQP DRR-11 - tangles and matting in a jar.

ANY kind of "cholesterol" DC - feels like there is shoe polish in my hair.

Motions oil moisturizer- Used to kill this back in the day. Made my hair feel good for a few hrs, then it was straaawwww.

Oil sheen - Dry crispy shine.

Anything from African Pride.

DUN DUN DUN...Shea butter - STICKY. GREASY TANGLY MESS. *waits for the stones...* :lol:

Last edited: