Hair Regime Update.....Everyone Please Update

DatJerseyDyme

Wash Day:

Hot Oil treatment with EVOO (30 minutes, usually with heat).
Shampoo with Nexxus Therrape (every two months I clarify).
Deep Condition with LeKlair Conditioner ~or~ Nexxus Keraphix for protein (30 minutes, usually with heat).
Follow with Nexxus Humectress..I detangle my hair in the shower while the conditioner is still in my hair and I rinse.

Apply Infusium Leave in and roller set using a spray bottle filled with water and EVOO to keep hair moist. Apply S&B Botanicals Oil and Hair Polisher to each section. Then, I sit under the dryer for at least 30 mins and I try to air dry the rest of the time.

My main hair styles are a bun, or my hair pulled back into a claw clip. Current lenght is almost 20 inches.

Daily Maint: I use the S&B Botanicals Oil on my hair in the morning and at night. I use Healthy Ends on my ends every other night. Either sleep in a silk scarf or satin bonnet.

I'm trying to wash only once a week, but I'll do a conditioner rinse on Thrs. if I need to. I use a no-lye relaxer (S&B Botanicals) every 10-12 weeks.

vevster

Shampoos

Aveda Shampure ---or--
Elucence Clarifying followed by Elucence Conditioning shampoo

Conditioners
Mizani Fulfyl
Motions Moisture Plus
MOP Moisture Conditioner...

Vitamin Regimen

Carlson's 2 a day Multi
Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus (2 per day)
Biotin(10mg/daily for the first 2 weeks then 5 mg / day in a divided dose)

Iron: Standard Process Ferrofood(4 caps per day for first 2 weeks then reduce to 2 caps per day)

Solaray's Cal Mag Citrate
5 caps at bedtime every other nite.

Shampoo:
JAY Desert Shampoo

Conditioner:
Aubrey's Aloe/Jojoba

Leave-in:
Giovanni's Direct with Aloe

Daily:
Wonder 8 Oil
Castor/Rosemary/Jojoba Mix

New:
I will be wrapping my hair like kking.

A

AmilLion

This week, I'm going to start with Rinsing and braid-outs for the rest of the summer.

Rinsing Daily
Washing Twice a Week.

Valerie

Daily with with tap water, adding 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon of MSM, one capful of Aphogee protein treatment.

Pre-treatment
Castor oil

Shampoo
Therappe Shampoo

Condition
Humectress

Islandgirl

Products
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Keracare Humecto Conditioner
Joico K-Pak reconstructor
Aubrey Organics 100% organic Jojoba Oil
elasta leave in conditioner
Kiehls Silk groom
clairol Vitapointe
B&B Oil Moisturizer with castor oil and aloe vera

Wash and deep condition hair every week.
Rollerset every week.
Wear hair in a reverse french roll (instead of rolling my hair under in the middle, i put it on top) or fresh rollerset.
Use reconstructor every other week and follow up with Humecto.
Sleep with satin scarf or satin cap every night.
Relax every 10 weeks.

itismehmmkay

hey ya'll

ok...i have been through so many regimens in my life. i started out as relaxed, i've been natural, now i'm in relaxed 'growing' mode. so i have a new regimen idea.

Wash
-clean scalp at least every 3 days with SeaBreeze
-only shampoo monthly with salon blowdry/flatironing visits

Daily
-use rollers at night to preserve bob style
-use satin cap at night
-fingercomb curls out in morning
-only use a tiny bit of oil (Hot Six, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, etc.) if needed. ONLY IF NEEDED!

Relaxed
-every 3months
-use Motions w/Oil Mild
-only texturize hair

Trims
-at least every 2 months
-only at salon during blowdry/flatiron visits

so you're thinking....this girl is crazy for not shampooing her hair for a month. First of all, I think the main function of shampooing is:
1) cleaning the scalp so that it can breathe and to unclog pores
2) eliminate product build-up

Well, I'm cleaning my scalp with an astringent to eliminate pore-clogging and I won't be applying too many products to my hair to need some major hair strand cleaning.

Keep in mind...haha...I've only been on this regimen for 3 days. But it sounds so perfect right? I'll let you know how it works out. Also, gimme some feedback.......please

krys.

soulchild

That regimine of yours sounds fine and great if it's working for you. However, I know my hair would need alot more moisture than just 1x/month. Before I got into haircare and hair boards I used to fear water. I thought it was bad for our hair. Same with creamy moisturizers that would revert my straight hairstyle.

I now know that water is my hair's best friend. I do conditioner washes or mist my hair with water almost every day. If I was you I would at least use a creamy moisturizer,something with water as the main ingredient, especially on the ends to keep them from drying out. Remember, the healthier your ends are the more length you will be able to retain. Water is the only thing that can moisturize the hair. Oils and such seal in the moisture.

What I like about your regimine:
-It's simple and I'm assuming there's little manipulation of your hair which is good.
-You're not using so many different products which is good on your wallet as well as your hair (less build-up)
-You know you must keep your scalp clean

itismehmmkay

Thank you, Ms. Soulchild...I love feedback.

I see what you mean about water being hair's best friend. In fact, once my hair gets longer, I'll start doing my wash and wear air-dry method.

My main worry about shampooing my hair is what I do during and after I wet my hair. I think styling techniques implemented while and after hair is wet is what causes the most damage....haha....my goal is to try and minimize those effects.

Maybe I will consider some creamy moisturizer in addition to oil...but I bet I'll still keep it on a NEED ONLY basis.

krys

Boadicea

Wash Day
I wash my hair once a week
AO JAY shampoo
AO White Camellia and Jasmine shampoo
Suave Chamomile conditoner (left on until finished washing)
Suave Coconut conditioner (same as above)
Salerm 21 silk protein leave-in
Le Kair Cholesterol Plus (peach colored, used with heat cap for 30min)
Salerm Mascarilla Capilar (used with heat cap for 30min)

Daily Maintenance
I wear my hair in cornrows braided toward the back and have then ends in a bun-baggie. In the baggie is olive oil. I use WGO on the parts between the braids.
Once a week, I use a strengthening oil on my hair. I use a different one for each week of the month. I leave the oil on for about 2 hours then wash them out and follow up with a deep conditioner. The oils are:

Vatika
Amla
Brahmi
Jasmine

Relaxing
Every 4 months with a lye relaxer left on for two minutes or less

Vitamins
PP L-Cysteine 500mg x2
PP Spirulina 500mg x3
PP Iron All n/a x3

karezone

Right now this is tentative. I am currently revamping in preparation for the 12 inch in one year growth challenge.

Shampoos: Johnson and Johnson moisturizing baby shampoo with honey and vitamin E, Creme of Nature for color treated or damaged hair, Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo

Conditioners: Lustrasilk Liquid Cholesterol, Lekair Cholesterol, Garnier Fructis 3 min Hair Masque, Queen Helene's Cholesterol and Placenta Creme Conditioner, Joico K-Pak, Motions CPR

Products: Fantasia IC Hair Polisher, Profective Mega Growth, Infusium 23:moisturizing, Elasta QP wrap and setting foam, TCB(hair grease), olive oil, Jam, Isoplus oil sheen spray, Smooth and Shine styling foam

Current Hair styles: Rollerset and wrap, braid out, bun.
I really don't use the phony tail anymore because mine is looking rather raggedy. Hopefully Santa will bring me a new one.

Wash Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after swimming or water aerobics using time appropriate shampoo.

I use the Cream of Nature for 3 shampoos and on the 4 shampoo I use Johnson and Johnson. Then every 2.5-3 weeks, I use the Tea Tree Oil shampoo to clarify.

Rinse out shampoo and follow with time appropriate conditioner.
I am constantly switching conditioners because my hair starts rebeling. On follow every shampoo with moisturizing conditioner but every 5-6 weeks I use a protein conditioner and then follow that with moisturizing conditioner.

I don't use heat on my conditioners anymore because I found out that it does not make much of a difference and I only leave them on for the amount of time specified also. No more hours spent under the dryer conditioning.

Rinse out conditioners and began with other products.
I always apply infusium 23.

For a rollerset and wrap:
I apply the infusium, part the hair into appropriate sections and apply Elasta QP foam and Fantasia IC hair polisher to each section as I roll it. After the entire head is rolled. I spray it with oil sheen spray (habit). I sit under the dryer until the hair is completely dry, then I remove the rollers, and apply Profective mega growth to length,TCB to ends, and the Smooth and shine hair foam. I wrap the hair around my head using curved wrap pins and then I place on silk or satin scarf on my head and go to bed. In the morning I spray with oil sheen and I am ready to go.

I rewrap every night occasionally applying some more profective, TCB, or smooth and shine. Usually this style will morph into some other style.

Braid out:
For my braid out, I am usually going from a 2 or 3 day old wrap. I divide the hair into two sections like a half up and half down ponytail hair style. I spray the back portion with water and using setting foam and TCB I cornrow the hair to the ends and secure with a cloth covered rubber band.

The top portion gets the same treatement except those end in a hair roller instead of a rubber band. I usually have about six cornrows in the top and three or four in the back.
This procedure is followed every night until the next shampoo.

Bun:
Again I am usually going from a wrap to this style.
I usually don't do the sock bun (doughnut) because it takes me too long so, I just pull the hair back into a ponytail and tuck the ends under using a satin scruchy.

Or I twist it up and secure it with a few hair pins.

I don't sleep with my hair like this even when I am in a bun, my hair is taken down at night and wrapped with pins. The only night that hair is not wrapped with pins is during the braid out.

As for heat styling. I usually don't. I use direct heat only when my hair is looking a hot mess. I try to make do but sometimes that just does not happen.

In the next couple of days, I will be trying my hand at a straw set. I believe that this style will be more workout friendly to me even when I have a lot of new growth and it will not have to be redone everynight. I will also be retrying conditioning washes but I will be doing the type where you shampoo the scalp.

I won't list all of my vitamins because I am currently adjusting that also. But I have switched to Motions Oil moisturizer relaxer (lye) and I am trying to extend my relaxers to 8-12 weeks. Straw sets should help me do that.

pookeylou

My routine is the same as when I was transitioning and it is in my album...

The only changes are:

I have added olive oil to my conditioner...
I now use shea butter (which I wish I had used from the beginnning) to hold my twist.
I added Rosemary Essential Oils to my leave in condition.

I take 1500 mgs of MSM.

Ipanema

I've updated & simplified my routine since getting a shower filter. I also want to try the 12-inch in a year challenge, but I'll settle for 8 inches. I've decided to eliminate shampoo, eliminate heat, comb less often, and only use two products.

My routine:

Conditioner wash twice a week with VO5 Fresh Vanilla Bean.

Daily style: a braid-out pulled up into a loose ponytail.

At night: Braid my hair with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula (no combing, just re-braiding the braid-out).

Clarify once a month.

Trim every two months.

Continue taking a multivitamin & 1000mg MSM every day.

sithembile

My regime is finally falling into place:
I wash twice a week:
Midweek
Shampoo: Keracare dry itcy scalp or Jason Jojoba
Condition: Jason sea kelp or biotion conditioner
Leave ins: Biolage to detangle and Profective breafree to moisturise and strenghten
Serum: Loreal elvive
Oil: jojoba

My weekend wash:
I use the same products but will also use Affirm 5 in 1 or Joico Kpak every month, after clarifying with Aveda detoxifier.

I usually airdry in a ponytail with a roller at the end. I roller set when i have the time. On special occasions I blowdry ad flat iron, using Aveda damage control as a heat protectant. I'm currently in a weave, and I plan to wash my scalp every 2 weeks. I put profectiv breakfree and coconut oil on the cornrows and Keracare dry itchy scalp glossifier on the scalp every 2 days. I'll remove the weave after 6 - 7 weeks. My regime is not set in stone, I'm still hoping to experiment with new products next year, when the hair product challenge is over.

balleryna

I wash and condition every morning. My regimen's all in my signature with my list and pics of my product stash but here it is: http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=247824&messageid=1071371348 (My journal page)

Actually my regimen begins the night before. I brush my hair, VERY GENTLY tho and I usually horn comb to get a little massage to my scalp. I then oil or condition my ends with an oil-free protein cond. or an ends oil mix. Braid to one side and go to bed.

Next morn I start off with scalp oil and massage. I usually horn comb my scalp too. That feels really good with the oil then I use a chillout spray. It feels very cool and refreshing.

Then I shampoo in the shower (there's about 15 in my stash, some clarifying some conditioning, etc.). I rinse very very thoroughly. I apply, most often moisturizing conditioner or a stimulating conditioner (there's about 10 of those that I switch up for different purposes, some deep, some protein, some oil, etc.) and comb thru gently. Then I usually go ahead and rinse. I deep treat once a week beginning overnight. And I do an oil treatment usually 2 days in a row on the weekend.

While I'm still in the shower I'll apply a little leavein. It varies if I use a cond. or if I use an oil.

If I use an oil, I do it when my hair is still dripping wet. Then I dry off and apply a little more oil to the drying ends so it seals in the moisture.

If I use a conditioner sometimes I will seal with a little of the oil, but not too often or I get the crunchies.

I gently smooth my edges and maybe straighten my bun a little or dress it up or do a different style of bun to keep it exciting. lol Sometimes I regather my hair and apply a little curl cream if I wanna wear my hair crinkly smooth. Or I might use a dab of clean gel if I want it straight.

Here's a little schedule for the days when I deep treat or hot oil:
Moist. Cond. - 1-5/wk.
Deep Trmt. - wkly 20-30 min w/heat after overnite
Stim. Cond. - 2-3/wk total,once after deep trmt.
Protein+Oil - 2 consec.days wk 15-30 under hot wet towel
Oils - sometimes to wet hair immed. after shower to seal in moisture b4 toweling and then apply more aftr toweling

Vitamins: I'm usually best about taking Biotin-5mg. and FSO-500 around lunchtime. I take MSM-1500 and Silica before bed. I take digestive enzymes when I remember, but usually manage to do it once a day. I also have to drink Ensure for meal supplementation. It tastes good tho when I can remember to drink it.

I think that's it! Great thread. I love reading everyone's routine!

LABETT

Pre shampoo treatment with Castor oil or Evoo

Shampoo-Lanza Protein Plus,Jasons Thin To Thick,Vitale
Twice a week

Conditioners-Nacidit Olive Oil,Jasons Thin To Thick,Lust
Garnier Fruitis,Salerm Wheat Germ
Conditioner Washes 3x week-VO5 Strawberries and Cream
Protein Treatment once or twice a month with Dudley DRC or
Aubreys GPB,Joico Kpak

Leave-in-Salerm 21,Nexxus Headress,Lanza leave in Protector
Surge twice a day
Profectiv Root Health or Megagrowth

Vitamins-Delinea,Spirulina,B5 & B-Complex,Silica,Zinc,Msm
Greensource Multi Vit,Biotin,Protein Shakes

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Daily Conditioner Washes with
Dove Intense Moisture conditioner or Kenra Conditioner

Weekly deep condition with Aubrey Organics GPB

Shampoo once a week or every 2 weeks with Aubrey Island Natruals Shampoo

After washing...mist with Distilled water and oil with Vatika or Parachute coconut oil...braid and pin my hair up...or do a braid out

Mist scalp during the day with distilled water

Weekly hot oil treatment with honey...olive oil...and coconut oil mix

ACV rinse once a week

daily scalp massage (3 to 5 mins)

Vitamins

B complex
EPO
Milti vitamin/mineral
Selenium
Vitamin E
Cod Liver Oil
Calcium

Miosy

Here is mine:

Wash and deep condition every 3 to 4 days
Preshampoo Treatment: Lekair Cholestrol mixed with some type of oil
Shampoos: Elucence
Clarifiers: Tressemme Green Tea, Giovanni 3X Tea
Conditioners: Elucence, Motions Moisture Plus
Rinses: ACV
Leave in: Wild Growth Oil! My hair really loves this stuff or Elasta QP mango butter
Protein Treatment: Nexxus Emergencee every 6 to 8 weeks
Relaxer: Elucence Lye Regular
Trim/Dust: 8 to 12 weeks

lillian743

CO wash my hair every day with:
TRESemme Moisture Rich Conditioner Dry or Damaged Hair

Shampoos: Redken Color Extend for Color-Treated Hair
Home made Garlic Shampoo(no I dont smell like garlic)

Deep Conditioner: Aussie 3 Minute Deep Conditioner
Leave-In: Infusium 23 for Damaged/Unmanageable Hair
Daily Moistuizers: Elasta QP's Mango Butter, Wildgrowth oil
Sta/soft/fro
Weekly Protein Treatment: Got2Be Miracle Repair Treatment

lsubabiedee

I shampoo almost every 2-3 days with Aussie Moist. Condition with Aussie Moist.
Surge twice daily
Leave-in: Suave Awapuhi or Parnevu T-Tree Growth Cream, and Elasta QP H Two O
Deep Conditioner whenever with: Aussie 3 Minute, or Generic K-PAK, or Lekair Shea Butter Cholesterol Creme

alliyah4eva203

pre shampoo treatment: sap moss nourishing concentrate(every 5 shampoos)
shampoo with either aveda brilliant or nexxus therappe(the best shampoos i have ever used)
condition with nexxus humectruss or ors hair mayonaise.
once a month deep condition with dtp haiwaien teatment or nexxus keraphix
wrap hair with soft and beautiful foam and set lotion then i let my hair dry.
then i add a little bit of black like me oil moisterizer and ors olive oil lotion and rub it into my hair. then i blow dry with a round brush.

lillian743

Aikaa71, I use REAL garlic and baby shampoo. One part shampoo 2 parts water. When your done you will smell like a "hint" of garlic so its best to CO wash it the next day and go HEAVY on the conditioner, use a CO that smells really good and also useing a nice smelling oil can also help if you think you still smell.

I think its supposed to fight against heavy dandruff, flaky scalp, hair diseases, and it cleans dead cells to prevent the dandruff and repairs damaged hair and loss of hair and garlic has the ability of stimulating cell growth.

prettybrownjaz

shampoo: Aphogee for Damaged Hair
Conditioners: Aphogee moisturizer and Garnier Fructis (condition only washes)
Deep conditioners: Profective Growth Masque
Protein Reconstructer: Aphogee
Leave in: Profective Breakfree and Infusium 23
Oil: Jojoba and Olive
Surge Twice/day
Wash 2-3x per week depending on how dry my hair is

Vitamins: MSM, biotin, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, multivitamin

atlantatiffany

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
I've been experimenting with a new routine last two weeks in order to deal with they extreme dryness caused by the harsh cold. Here it is...

Wash
-"Deep Condition" wash daily or every other day with Elucence or Suave Coconut + Honey + Avocado Oil. I slather this concoction on dry hair, put a plastic cap on it, and leave it on for about an hour (half an hour or so if I use heat). Then I rinse it out and do another quick conditioning with Rusk Calm 60-second conditioner or Pureology Hydrate conditioner. By day 3 of doing this, my dryness problem was completely alleviated.
-Shampoo once a week with Pureology Hydrate shampoo or Aveda Curessence shampoo

Deep Conditioning
-L'Oreal Unfrizz conditioner once a week w/o heat for about an hour once a week
-Aveda Curessence protein conditioner followed by L'Oreal Unfrizz conditioner or Frederic Fekkai Protein RX treatment (this is very moisturizing so I don't follow up with a separate moisturizing conditioner) every two weeks

Style
-Put in a bit of Kiehl's Silk Groom and Bumble & Bumble Leave-in or Rusk Smoother Leave-in and air dry.
-Wrap nightly with KMS Silker Leave-in conditioner spray.

Relaxer
Every 10 - 12 weeks. Currently at 9 weeks and I need to find a new hairdresser I can trust pronto!

Supplements
Multi-vitamin
500 mg Vitamin C
500 mg B5 2x a day
3000 mcg Biotin 2X a day
1000 mg MSM
3000 mg Flax Seed Oil
Viviscal (new to my regime)

[/ QUOTE ]