Hair Regime Update.....Everyone Please Update

deeplyrooted

REVISED REGIMEN:

Shampoo: Aveda Sap Moss (I've been using Denorex lately though cause of scalp dryness/itchiness, etc.)

Conditioners

Deep Conditioner: Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer

Protein Conditioner: TIGI Bed Head Chocolate Head Massive Hair Repair Treatment

Conditioner Washes Conditioner(s): Nature's Gate (usually either Tea Tree Oil or Aloe Vera Treatment, though I wanna try the Herbal to see if it's as good as others have raved about
) or Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner

Hair Butter(s): Avocado Butter (though I've since mixed it to become my hair smoothie which consists of FNWL avocado butter, Cococare (from Bartell Drugs in Seattle) cocoa butter, and olive oil

Moisturizer: Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerite's Magic

Hair Gel: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly

Wearing Coils "Out": L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Perfect Curls Defining Creme (I called it Taming Creme before, my bad.
)

ROUTINE: Shampoo & Conditioner once a week. Conditioner wash as needed.

Deep Conditioner at least once a month.

Use protein conditioner about once every 2-3 months (or whenever shedding becomes an issue; whichever happens first).

Use 'hair gel' to give better "hold" to my two strand twists. Sometimes, I'll use it to hold my sides down ... depends on my mood.

Use hair smoothie/butter(s) and/or moisturizers once every morning.

Use L'Oreal's Nature's Therapy Defining Creme whenever I wear my coils "out/down."

I'm trying to keep/make it as simple as possible.
I'm determined to stick to this regimen.

SweetJamaica

Vive Intense Moisture Shampoo/Conditioner
Carrot Oil Cream Moisturizer
Therma Silk Leave In
WGO
Vive Smooth Serum

I wash and condition once a week (Sunday). I apply the Carrot Cream daily after combig out my hair in small sections. I use the Leave in after I wash. And I also sprits some on when I heat style which is like once a week. I oil my scalp with WGO like every three days. I use the shreum when ever my hair is look a little dull.

SoAnxious12

My Regimen isn't very consistent i have to work on it. I always switch up the products and i find my hair doesn't like it very much.

1. wash hair every two weeks (i would do it sooner but i hate detangling it) with whatever shampoo available
2.conditioner wash every 3 days with whatever conditioner i find
3.moisturize with mango butter and woojee cream
4. surge and doo groo-once a day
5.cornrow hair-every three days
6.deep conditoner once a week or every two weeks
7. recently decided to do a protein treatment every 6-8 weeks.

crazyabouthair

This is my new regime starting this month:

Shampoo:
Kerastase Satin Bain 3
(wash 2-3 times a week or as needed)

Conditioner:
Kerastase Lait Vitale Protein
(use after shampoos and do condition washes in between shampoos)

Treatments:
Kerastase Age Recharge (once a month)
Kerastase Masquintense for fine hair (once a week)

Leave in Conditioner:
Bumble and Bumble leave in

Heat protection:
Ion Lusterizing Smoothing Creme

For Shine:
Kerastase Lumie Extract

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
wash once a week with either pantene pro-v relaxed and natural or doo-gro products. currently using doo-gro ( i swith out every now and then.

moisturize with variuos products. right now i'm using shea butter. i'm trying not to use to much " greasy " products that'll weigh your hair down.

trying to minimize heat, its working lol.
sorry its not in great detail.

IrisDaVirus

My current hair regimen:

I'm a natural 3c/4a (been natural since May 2004)

Shampoo - at least twice a week with either Isoplus Conditioning Shampoo or Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo. I only use the Paul Mitchell if I'm having a serious case of the itchies.

Conditioner - I condition everyday regardless of whether I shampoo or not. I use conditioners from the Tresemme' line.

After shampooing and/or conditioning - I apply an activator and or/moisturizer, section my hair into a few ponytails with mini-scrunchies, and allow my hair to air-dry. It's an EXTREMELY rare occasion that I use heat on my hair. If I'm in a rush in the morning, I just do a conditioner wash, apply my activator, pin my hair up and get moving. It doesn't take long for my hair to dry.

Other hair products in my closet:

Activators - Long Aid Gel, Fantasia IC Silky Gel (liquid form)

Other gels - brown protein gel (for my edges)

Leave-in conditioner - Paul Mitchell The Cream (great stuff but pricey. Probably won't buy again once I run out.)

Miscellaneous - Coconut oil, Sta-Sof-Fro Hair/Scalp Conditioner (the one in the long tube).

LaVinya

Shampoo - twice a week with Pantene Shampoo
Conditioner - condition with Pantene Moisturizing Conditioner

After shampooing and/or conditioning - I spray Pantene Setting/Wrapping Lotion & Apply Nexxus Botanoil Botanical Oils, air dry to damp, then blowdry small sections at a time.

Hairline: Jam gel around the edges along with Pantene's Daily Moisturizing Cream.

This has been working so far. My hair is now mid-back length.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Wash Day
I shampoo 2x per week. Usually Sun. and Wed. I dilute most of shampoos with distilled water and I only lather 1x. I clarify 1x per week. I do a pre-shampoo treatment 1x or 2x per week. I use Vatika or another Indian oil mixture. I apply it at night and shampoo or cond. wash it out in the morning. I don't use heat when I deep condition anymore. I follow the directions with protein conditioners. But I leave moisturizing conditioners until I feel like rinsing. I normally rinse it out in an hour. But sometimes I'll leave them in for 2-3 hours.

Daily Maintenance
I conditioner wash every day or two. I apply a leave in conditioner (Elucence, Lacio Lacio or Lafier Honey Almond Rinse) and then apply Worlds of Curls Activator Gel and a soft holding gel like Fantasia Frizz Buster or Smooth n Shine Gellation. I smooth my hair into a bun and wear a phony puff.

In the evening, I apply Surge to my scalp and let it sink in for a few minutes. Then I apply Carolyn Gray's HHIB Oil to my nape and edges. Sometimes I'll apply a creamy moisturizer like Curve Buttercreme or CD SOMM.

Vitamins
Still doing my tweaked Bargello plan when I can remember to take my supps.

candibaby

Wash Day
Pre-Poo w/ B&B Oil It Up and Suave Milk and Honey under shower cap for 30-45 minutes. Wash with Nexxus Therappe. Cover hair with Keraphix or ION Effective Care Reconstructor and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Deep condition under hood dryer with Nexxus Humectress for 45-90 minutes. Rinse out with cool water. Squeeze water out of hair and apply EVOO to last 2 inches. Apply leave in and either rollerset, wrap, or airdry hair.

**I only clarify once in a blue moon and I dont have any specific shampoo for that. If I feel my hair's not clean, I just shampoo with Therappe twice instead of once..**

The Daily DL
Once a week I grease my scalp with Blue Magic Coconut Oil. Every day I apply either Profectiv Healthy Ends or ORS Carrot Oil to the length of my hair. Depending on my hairstyle I might use Surge or co wash with suave m&h around the 5th or 6th day after washing.

This is what I've been doing for the past 5 months and it has been working well! (now that i've found the right products!)

Candy_C

My regime:-

my hair typing is 3c-4a

- wash hair every 5-7 days with MANE n TAIL original shampoo

- use the MANE N TAIL conditioner as a LEAVE IN - this is the only way it is 100% effective against breakage and promoting growth - for me ( I AIRDRY IN A PONY TAIL THEN ADD A BAGGIE TILL THE NEXT DAY - THEN REMOVE)

- I've taken biotin ever since January and my hair has been constantly growing like a weed- i now take it consistently.

- EFA (essential fatty acids) are important INTERNALLY to moisturize hair, and i take Evening Primrose every day without fail/YET NOW this has changed and i take a teaspoon of flax liquid (over 4,000mg in one teaspoon)as its now winter and i am NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES!!!

- i always ALWAYS wear donut buns when I'm out the house (withOUT the foam as it is drying) i use bobby pins for all types of buns and do not use gel or any grease on my scalp ex for SULFUR 8 (RARLEY) which i believe aids my growth too

- i use KERACARE oil moisturizor. w/ jojoba oil daily (at night and throughout the day if needed) and also use LE KAIR - CASTOR OIL grease on the ends as it is medium -light oil consistency and does not weigh the hair which causes breakage (the good thing about this oil is that i only have to use it once a week and the moisture just keeps on lingering).

- i relax with elasta qp no-lye MILD/SENSITIVE every 3-4 months

- i don't comb my hair but only b4 i wash (once a week)

- i wear 8 two strand twists to bed (4 each side) and in the morning i undo them and had ringlets, which i finger comb into a bun

- i use Alma oil once a week WITHOUT FAIL as an overnight tonic which keeps my hair nice and dark and also strong and shiney.

- i also use KERACARE humecto and hydrating poo every now and again (twice a month)so that i do not overdo the protein - but as my hair grows longer it like protein more.

Jewell

Hair type: Relaxed...3c/4a possibly (Transitioning)

Length: Past BSL unstraigtened, about 4 inches from waist

-Cw's as needed.
-Shampoo & deep condition once a week.
-Clarify once every 2 weeks.
-Dust ends as needed.
-Very minimal heat...may blow-dry once every 5-6 months.
-No stylists, no color.
-Typically I wear French twists or similar pin ups as a protective style.
-I use a daily moisturizer, oil or serum to keep my hair soft, shiny and to protect the ends.

Last edited:

Madisan

Daily-
Morning/Before Work:
Daily Conditioner Rinse (while in shower with Suave Peach)
Apply Motions Lotion & Detangle
Put hair in loose bun & Put on nice Headscarf (take off at work)
Afternoon/After Work:
Let hair down(by now it's curly and smells like peach)
Night/Before Bed:
Put hair in loose bun on top of head(have silk sheets/pillowcase).

Weekly-
Deep condition (with Humectress)
Sit under heat cap for 45 min
Detangle & loose bun on top of head (I rinse in the moring with H20).

Sunday-
Repeat of daily regimine with *Suave peach shampoo* used first

Every few months/When I feel like it-
Relaxer w/ blowdry & trim at salon.
I usually wait a week then begin again with my daily regimine.

I am so bad when it comes to vitamins because I only take one: Those gummy bear multi vitamins. BUT I do plan on buying some for hair and nails. Also I am a PJ which is Sooo sad because I always use the same products while the others are collecting dust! Madisan

MsCounsel

Hi, I'm a newbie to the site but here is the ritual that I started a few weeks ago:

I have a tremendous amount of breakage. :eek: The left side of my head is almost bald in about a 4x1 pattern. I'm also 6 weeks post relaxer. I'm trying to stretch as long as possible.

I just started doing CW's (again). My plan is to do them for 30 days and then fertilize or clarify. The CW's have SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED my breakage.

I then use Surge to detangle and apply a WooJee/MTG scalp mixture.

Sedu flat iron - 2x a week. A must

Before bed, I apply MTG to my scalp & coconut to my ends. Love the all day shine.

QUESTION: Am I the only one still using MTG???? :perplexed :lachen: I've been using it for a couple of weeks and haven't found a difference in my growth but definitely a difference in my scalp. It used to be very dry, itchy - with white patches so I had to wash it every other day. Now, I have some itch but not at all like before.

Shampoo -
ORS Fertilizing Shampoo
Ojon clarifier

Conditioner -
ORS Mayo & Olive Oil Rejuv Pak

Treatments -
MTG
Surge
Woojee

Moisturizer -
Coconut Oil

Styling -
ION Heat Protectant
ION Paste? Smoothes my edges

Vitamins
GNC Nourish
Horsetail
Pre-Natal
Omega-3

Last edited:

BaBy_PhAt

Salaam,

Here's my hair regime: I shampoo and Condition once a week. Apply heat once weekly, Trim only with relaxer, relaxer every 4mths.

Hair type
4a/b
Vitiamins
Target prenatal
Shampoo
Nexxus Therapee
2x
Conditioning
Nexxus Humectress
Sauve Milk & Honey
1hr/overnight
Leave In
Aphogee Reconstructor
Nexxus Retexxtur
Styling
Blowdry
Flat Iron
Curl
Apply dudleys oil sheen when finish. Pin curl with satin/silk scarf. only uncurl when needed.
Once a month
Sauve clarify poo
Nexxus Therapee
Aphogee & Nexxes Emergencee mixed
Nexxus Humectress & Sauve Milk & Honey mixed

MonaRae

CW
Daily using Aubrey’s Organic Island Natural

Full Wash
Aubrey’s J. A. Y. shampoo
Deep Conditioner GPB – leaving on for 1 – 2 hours with a heating cap
Apply Aubrey’s Organic Island Natural to help with detangles

Daily Maintenance AM & PM
Moisturizer (S-Curl or Homemade S-Curl)
Oil (WGO AM, MTG PM)

Styles
Bun - AM
Cover with Scarf - PM

Vitamins
MSM, Folate, Hair, Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin C, Zinc, Biotin

Relaxer
Mizani (every 3 month after April Fools Stretch)

silvergirl

hmm.. my regime is incredibly simple

washdays (twice a week)

shampoo: matrix sleek look
detagle with shower brush
condition: matrix sleek look conditioner
second quick detangle

leave in: pantene light spray conditioner (optional)

create two pigtails/buns and let airdry

thats it!

locfreeme

Thankfully my regimen is getting shorter:

2x week:

Put hair in four braids
Wash with garlic shampoo (1 lather, focusing on scalp)
Deep condition under dryer for 30 min
Rollerset or dry in braids under cool dryer (usu about 60 min)
Oil w/ WGO
Optional: flat iron roots

Wrap with scarf at night and fingercomb in AM

Healthb4Length

IDK if its the brutal winter we have been having or what but I am so lazy right now! I haven't washed my hair in a week and a half! My scalp is on fire and I dont care, I just slap some more oil on top of it and keep it moving! I've been bagging it a lot with MTG! I am getting back on track starting today! I plan on washing 2 times a week (minimum) alternate between moisture and protein treatments once a week, moisturize...esp my ends, MTG only after washing, and bagging it 3-4 days a week.

SouthernJewel

exceeding expectations...
-WASH W/ Kenra Moisturizing
-DEEP CONDITION W/ Ors Mayo or EQP mixed w/ ORS replenishing pak
- Condition Wash every other day w/ Humectress or MNT
-AIR DRY
-SURGE/MTG NIGHTLY
-Mango Butter on ends then baggie
-Rock a wig until May
-No heat
-GNC Womens Mega Multi-Vitamin

LaNecia

I've fallen into a regimen without trying:

AM: Daily CW and apply MTG in the mornings.
PM: Apply Dumb Blonde Conditioner or Rivas Silicon Mix to try hair before bed.

Weekly Conditioning: Henna treatment w/Cassia, Amla, Mehandi and Shikakai powders (minimum 1 hour treatment).

Bi Weekly Moisturizing: Use hair steamer for 30 minutes after Weekly conditioning treatment.

Protective styling always.

LaNecia

I've fallen into a regimen without trying:

AM: Daily CW and apply MTG in the mornings.
PM: Apply Dumb Blonde Conditioner or Rivas Silicon Mix to dry hair before bed.

Weekly Conditioning: Henna treatment w/Cassia, Amla, Mehandi and Shikakai powders (minimum 1 hour treatment).

Bi Weekly Moisturizing: Use hair steamer for 30 minutes after Weekly conditioning treatment.

Protective styling (quick weaves and buns) almost always.

leleepop

Shampoo twice a week Ubh and humecto,or humectress Rollerset every other week. Braidout and bun other weeks. Moisturizers ubh lotion creme and dew. wgro Relaxers 14 to 16 weeks.Playing it by ear. Protein treatments Redken exteme fuel,or Elasta QP. No brushes and finger comb when dry. Multi vit,flax,and biotin.Handle hair very carefully. Havent tried braids yet but want to for summer. Probably cornrow for about three weeks because always had goodresults and will use Joici integrity det. leave in.Design Essentials Lo Lye relaxer