HAIR REGIMEN

Alright ladies I will be testing my hair out for six months, I have good hair growth from what I can see, right now I am shoulder length but have major shrinkage to ear length and I believe I am a 4 A or B. I am one year natural since October and I want to see if I can get healthier and longer hair while I am in the desert for 6 months. Now usually it takes about 6 months to see if your regimen will work so lets see....heres my new reggie let me know what you think should I add anything or take away anything let me know ladies!!! :drunk:

6 month hair regimen
Shampoo once a week (Sunday) with Dr. Bronner castile soap

Deep conditioner once a week (Sunday) with carols daughter’s or coconut oil

Deep conditioner with protein once a month (every 3rd Sunday) with alter ego or JBCO protein conditioner or Aubrey organics white camellia conditioner **if protein overload every 6 weeks**

Co wash with (VO5 moisture milk-Wednesday) once a week

Oil scalp with (MTG, Mega Tek, Rosemary oil, peppermint oil,powder sulfur, JBCO, grapefruit oil) 3X’s weekly

Leave in conditioner (Dr. Bronner’s leave in)
Sealant (coconut oil, EVOO)
Vitamins (biotin, country life maxi hair release vitamin)
Protective styles for 6 months (lace wigs with not glue or tape, kinky twist)

CTBhair

I think you have a great start.

You may not need to shampoo 1x a week. I think as long as you co-wash, you can shampoo 2x a month or less. I usually shampoo 1x a month and co-wash every other week unless the products I am using seem to leave a lot of build up on my hair. Have you also considered a pre-poo. I try to do one 1x a month (when I am not being lazy:perplexed).

Also, be prepared to switch things up if you notice things you do not like, such as how products interact with one another or you want to try something new. I think you are well on your way to a good regimen.

HHG!:grin:

bride91501

I agree with Nakia. Your regimen look like a good start, but I'd suggest adding a few moisturizing products to your reggie, and re-evaluating your need for so many protein based products.

I don't see a daily moisturizer, which you will definitely need if your weekly DC is protein based, as it won't provide enough moisture to sustain your hair for the week. SheaMoisture Restorative conditioner is great as a twice weekly or even daily moisturizer.

Also, weekly shampooing may not be necessary. This was hard for me to grasp at the start of my journey cuz I thought this was what I was "supposed" to do. I now CW up to twice weekly and only poo once a month, and my hair is thriving.

Good luck on your journey!

hey ladies, thanks for the replies!!!:grin: to answer your questions i will be moisturizing daily with care free curl. unless you guys know of a organic natural one.

nakialovesshoes

hey ladies, thanks for the replies!!!:grin: to answer your questions i will be moisturizing daily with care free curl. unless you guys know of a organic natural one.

Currently I use S-Curl. My hair likes it better than CFC. Also, I've been mixing S-Curl with a little bit of aloe vera juice & a few drops of castor oil. If you wanted to do organic, you could always do a glycerin mix - I used to mix glycerin, aloe vera & rosewater.

Currently I use S-Curl. My hair likes it better than CFC. Also, I've been mixing S-Curl with a little bit of aloe vera juice & a few drops of castor oil. If you wanted to do organic, you could always do a glycerin mix - I used to mix glycerin, aloe vera & rosewater.
I have been thinking about getting some glycerin, but is it good during the dry summer months, i will be in the desert and it gets up to 150?

babylone09

Im in the same exact prediciment as you are but i wouldnt use the glycerin mix because it is a humectant and attracts moisture and we are out here in dry heat with little to no humidity. I use s-curl and it works good over here.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I have been thinking about getting some glycerin, but is it good during the dry summer months, i will be in the desert and it gets up to 150?

its not the weather that causes glycerin to have an adverse affect on the hair ,its the humidity.

As long as the humidity does not go below 65% you are good.