Hair rollers from Ethiopia

growinglong777

Are their any members on this board that live in Ethiopia? Another member here on the board and I are looking for some special hair rollers that can only be purchased in Ethiopia. They are sort of like magnetic rollers, heavier though, with little teeth and holes. A friend of mine had her natural hair done by an Ethiopian stylist in Atlanta, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had a pic... but unfortunately not.

MissBCurly

this is what the roller looks like. I see them all the time at my local BSS

Jas123

The Star of a Story
ita... anything with those small teeth are a "no no" in my book

Last edited:

Sunshine_One

Actually the rollers we are searching for are a little different. The groves are raised and smooth. They grip the hair for a tighter hold. This is needed IMO to help stretch and smooth natural hair during a roller set. I posted about these rollers last year and in thread about mesh rollers. However, now I have pics. My hair stylist is ethiopian and uses these rollers. She brought them over from Ethiopia. She says they are not sold here in the US. I asked her to get some for me. So I will post an update when I get them. But if any of our LHCF sisters have any info about them in the interim please let us know!

TIA! :)

Pics:

Last edited:

diva24

Are their any members on this board that live in Ethiopia? Another member here on the board and I are looking for some special hair rollers that can only be purchased in Ethiopia. They are sort of like magnetic rollers, heavier though, with little teeth and holes. A friend of mine had her natural hair done by an Ethiopian stylist in Atlanta, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had a pic... but unfortunately not.
Is that what they told you? I smell a scam. :sad:

vkb247

Do you think these would give similar results? Who knew Denman made rollers?

Looking for an easy way to add volume and movement to you hair? Try the Denman Thermoceramic Self Grip Rollers.
Features and Benefits:

Ceramic coated layer of aluminum improves heat retention and distribution
Metallic silver self-grip thread smoothes the hair and adds shine
Fast and simply way to add body, volume, and curl without clips or pins

MissMeWithThatIsh

Looking for an easy way to add volume and movement to you hair? Try the Denman Thermoceramic Self Grip Rollers.
Features and Benefits:

Those look like they may burn lol

stormy07

Features and Benefits:

self-grip read velcro =rip your hair OUT!!!! :nono::nono::nono::nono:

winona

OMGoodness I was just thinking about these rollers. i actually got my hair rollerset for the very first time since being natural and it came out beautiful. i have to admit I was scared that my was heat damaged because it was so straight.

sqzbly1908

Actually I use velcro rollers and have not had any problems with them pulling my hair out...I don't use them on wet hair and when taking the rollers out of your hair you have to make sure that you are un-rolling and not pulling the roller out of the hair. I have been using velcros since I was teenager and it gives my hair crazy body...

I will put the rollers in my hair and get in the shower and let the steam set my hair...

PatTodd

I can't find a pic right now, but those look a lot like some red hard mesh rollers I have by Soft n Style. I ordered them from Amazon or EBay.

morehairplease

Actually the rollers we are searching for are a little different. The groves are raised and smooth. They grip the hair for a tighter hold. This is needed IMO to help stretch and smooth natural hair during a roller set. I posted about these rollers last year and in thread about mesh rollers. However, now I have pics. My hair stylist is ethiopian and uses these rollers. She brought them over from Ethiopia. She says they are not sold here in the US. I asked her to get some for me. So I will post an update when I get them. But if any of our LHCF sisters have any info about them in the interim please let us know!

thanks Sunshine_One!

Adgirl

growinglong777, now that I saw the rollers I will look for them. They most likely come from china. I know for sure that they are not made in ethiopia.

Almaz

Yeah a lot of the women back home use those rollers I do too but I have seen those types at many BSS stores here in Chicago they are all made in China anyway.

candy626

No, they are from Italy and they look like this. I have some.

Attachments

• conici.jpg
    conici.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 511

candy626

And they don't snag or cause breakage on my hair unless I roll them too tightly. But I like them a lot.

I too found SelTom, the only wholesaler on alibaba who sells them. He is very shady and unreliable. I do not advise working with him as I placed an order with him that he never fulfilled. Luckily I never paid him anything.

Last edited:

aminata

I know this is an old thread, but since it's been bumped...I bought some several years ago in a beauty supply store in a DC area mall. Sorry don't remember the name of the mall, but it's right off the Silver Spring metro station if memory serves correct.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Candy636 thanks for clarifying.first they are made here and made there. i see that they are made in italy. now i just need to find a way to get me some of them rollers:yep:

i would love these

Last edited: