Hair rollers from Ethiopia

mshoneyfly

These would be nice for my dd but I never order anything from Amazon unless its on Prime. You should allow Amazon to ship them out

BrEE

I just placed an order for 2 packs of the white. By chance, do they come in the 2 inch size?

smores

smores
How do they stay in place? Do you still need to use clips?

Hi naturalmanenyc! You can use either. I use the clips because I don't know how to use the pins yet. My stylist uses pins. I've learned to use pins in the front and side but I can't get them in right in the middle/back of my "mohawk."

Do you have any roller pin advice or tips? :)

naturalmanenyc

smores
No, no advice. I haven't rollerset in ages and when I did try the mesh rollers (flexible fabric mesh over wire) I was horrible with them. They dried quickly but my placement and pinning was awful.

candy626
Napp
What's the difference between these Conici plastic mesh rollers and the Goody brand of plastic mesh rollers?

Last edited:

smores

smores
No, no advice. I haven't rollerset in ages and when I did try the mesh rollers (flexible fabric mesh over wire) I was horrible with them. They dried quickly but my placement and pinning was awful.

candy626
Napp
What's the difference between these Conici plastic mesh rollers and the Goody brand of plastic mesh rollers?

Thanks naturalmanenyc I'm sitting under the steamer now so I'll start my roller set soon. I may try the pins again tonight.

Full disclosure: I'm biased bc I LOVE the Conici rollers and I sell them because I LOVE them. :)

The main/best difference are the smooth rounded groves. They helped me learn to set my own hair because the rounded grooves on the rollers give me enough tension to keep the hair on the roller (impossible for me with smooth rollers). Whether I'm at home or in the salon, they keep my hair strait while drying (I hate puffy roots). Also they're professional grade so I feel like they're sturdier than the other ones available.

I tried those cheap BSS cage rollers with teeth once and swore I'd NEVER use them again and threw them away. My hair was a tangled torn mess!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
smores

candy626
Napp

naturalmanenyc

the goody brand doesnt have the nubs on them which provide extra tension and get the hair smoother. The smaller good mesh rollers are like the ones i use (in the siggy). The have indented grooves that help to create tension. Some people dont like the texture that this type of roller can give to the hair. ( Its not an issue with natural hair though.) so the conici might be a better option. It also looks like the conici rollers are easier to roll on natural hair and get a smooth end result.

also the goody rollers run smaller, the conici gets as big as 2 inches. The larger goody mesh rollers do not seem to have any groves in them so they will not give as much tension to the ones that do.

I highly recommend pins for the smoothes result with mesh rollers. I made a video on how to put them in but never got around to posting it.

I have never used the conici brand of rollers simply because they are too rich for my blood. I would have to either buy them directly from the manufacturer with very high shipping or i would buy them locally which would cost ~$60 for a full head of 2 inch rollers. It is really expensive IMO. It would be cheaper just to do a group order...

Last edited:

candy626

naturalmanenyc

The conici rollers come in larger sizes. The goody brand unfortunately only comes up to 1.5 inches, the conici comes in a little under 2 inches. That small difference was huge for my hair and drying time.

The conici rollers also have "grips" on them that allow the hair to adhere to the roller while the goody rollers are gripless and smoother in texture (though they do have some flat ridges in the material). The grips on the conici rollers don't cause breakage or anything.

I have to say that I like both, but prefer the conici rollers due to their size. The grips also help smooth my curly frizzy hair. I don't have to spend nearly as much time smoothing my hair onto these rollers like I do with magnetics.

candy626

Hi naturalmanenyc! You can use either. I use the clips because I don't know how to use the pins yet. My stylist uses pins. I've learned to use pins in the front and side but I can't get them in right in the middle/back of my "mohawk."

Do you have any roller pin advice or tips? :)

Pins are the best thing to use to secure these these rollers. The trick in using them is that you don't put the pins in, starting from the outside of the roller to the base. I put mine in at an angle from the inside of the roller to secure them to the base.

I also use this same technique with the goody rollers. To me this prevents breakage because the pins are not going through the hair that is adhered to the roller, but is only securing the roller to the base of your head. I get more tension this way as well.

naturalmanenyc

smores
candy626
Napp

Thanks for all the info on the hard mesh rollers. When I last tried a mesh rollerset (flexible mesh) it took me an hour to install the rollers since I could not figure out the pin placement. It was so frustrating but it did dry relatively fast.

I posted about it here: http://goingnaturaltransitionington...al-hair-–-your-first-transitioning-hairstyle/

After such a frustrating experience with flexible mesh rollers, I ended up using magnetic rollers and it took me a few attempts but I was able to perfect my rollersetting technique (mohawk method).

Napp Why would a full head of rollers cost $60? How many rollers do you need to set your hair? When I last rollerset I used 17 rollers (14 two inch and 3 smaller rollers).

I made a blog post about it: http://goingnaturaltransitionington...oller-setting-5-weeks-and-1-day-post-relaxer/

Last edited:

DrC

Candy636 thanks for clarifying.first they are made here and made there. i see that they are made in italy. now i just need to find a way to get me some of them rollers:yep:

i would love these

Judging from the picture, you can get them from Alibaba.com since thats where the photo is from.

ravenhairedcharm

Hi ravenhairedcharm! The white Hourglass Rollers are 1.85inches and the white Halo Rollers are 1.87inches.

The Diane red mesh rollers are 1.5inches which is the approximate size of the blue Hourglass Rollers at 1.46inches and the blue Halo Rollers at 1.57inches.

My website has an explanation of the difference between the Hourglass and Halo Rollers as well as a roller conversion chart. Based on your post, I'll update the chart to include the Diane mesh conversions.

Hope this helps! Feel free to email me for more information or questions!

Email: info[USER=20199]hourglass[/USER]rollers.com

Oh I see you have a website now! I'm definitely going to order soon, as it takes me too long using the smaller red mesh rollers I currently use. I think it will be a good investment for my texlaxed hair. I'm so happy you're offering this service! *Off to peruse the site* :grin:

smores

Oh I see you have a website now! I'm definitely going to order soon, as it takes me too long using the smaller red mesh rollers I currently use. I think it will be a good investment for my texlaxed hair. I'm so happy you're offering this service! *Off to peruse the site* :grin:

ravenhairedcharm Great! The white and pink rollers are very popular as their bigger size is perfect for longer hair or body roller sets. I've definitely heard great things from texlaxed customers as well as naturals and relaxed. I'd be interested in your feedback about the site and the rollers! Thanks so much!

tag2235

Does anyone have any pics of their hair after using these rollers, or pics of using the rollers. I would like to see any available pics. I want to give them a try. I am not good at all at roller sets, but want to give it a try. For someone starting out, should I use clips or pins?

winona

[USER=379055 said:
tag2235[/USER];18664913]Does anyone have any pics of their hair after using these rollers, or pics of using the rollers. I would like to see any available pics. I want to give them a try. I am not good at all at roller sets, but want to give it a try. For someone starting out, should I use clips or pins?

Textured shot
Hair Set
Results

okay now i got to get back to studying:)

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 226
  • VSH_4443.jpg
    VSH_4443.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 223
  • VSH_4434.jpg
    VSH_4434.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 197

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Textured shot
Hair Set
Results

okay now i got to get back to studying:)

Nice job. I would like to see these set with pins. I wonder if I could get a super smooth set like I can with my regular plastic mesh rollers.

winona

Nice job. I would like to see these set with pins. I wonder if I could get a super smooth set like I can with my regular plastic mesh rollers.

Yeah I have no idea how to use pins which is a shame because I have a ton of them:O but even setting like this with these and my French mesh I still knock off about 1hr from sitting under the dryer

Rozlewis

smores, I just checked out your website. The site is nice. I purchased from you before you had the site. I plan to purchase more but wanted to tell you I thought the site was very nice and easy to use.

mamaore

smores, I agree that your site is nice. I noticed that some of the rollers are out of stock. Would you be stocking up soon? I have a few other questions?

How much is shipping to Mississauga Canada? Let me know if you need the exact an I can PM you.

Also do these rollers come alone or with pins or covers that hold them in place?

Thanks

PureSilver

I tried using my new set of rollers with pins. I could never figure out how to get a firm hold with the pins. I gave up and used my regular roller covers.

naturalmanenyc

tag2235

I have a video of my roller installation here: http://youtu.be/mRpZ48zqOGQ

I tried using pins and clips. I prefer the pins. I'm just getting started using pins and wasn't all that proficient.

My set took only 20 minutes and my hair was dry in 30 minutes.

I bought more rollers than I will probably use, 24 white and 24 pink, but the price was cheap since I got them direct from Italy.

Attachments

• Bigodini Conici - all installed.jpg
    Bigodini Conici - all installed.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 163
  • Bigodini Conici - front.jpg
    Bigodini Conici - front.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 20130620_181900.jpg
    20130620_181900.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 337
  • Bigodini Conici - dry side.jpg
    Bigodini Conici - dry side.jpg