Hair Rules Curly Whip rave!

jada1111

I've tried several products from this line, but the Curly Whip is the best for my 4a afro cottony hair.

It defines beautifully, gives great sheen/shine, no frizz and when fully dry I get great movement. My hair isn't stiff and it's soft.

I did not like Kinky Curly Creme, Finishing Creme nor the quench deep conditioner. The KCC dried my hair to a dull matte finish which I did not like. The FC did not give my hair shine. I used it over the Curly Whip after it fully dried and it made my hair look dull, which is the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Who knows? Maybe I used it wrong. Regardless, I won't be using again. The quench deep conditioner did not moisturize my hair in the way that I'm used to a moisturizing conditioner feeling. My hair didn't feel right after I rinsed it out. I know there are folks that love this conditioner, but for the amount of money I want it to work like the $5 HE Coconut Conditioner (Blue bottle) or the new Suave Shea/Almond conditioner for $4. I need for it to feel moisturized AFTER rinsing as well.

Thankfully, I was able to return the Finishing Creme back to Ulta and only bought the 2 oz size of the quench deep conditioner, so I threw away the rest of it. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a 16 oz bottle of Kinky Curly Creme, because I bought it from a place where you can't return it.

The Curly Whip is the only product from this line that I can seriously recommend for great hair and will continue to repurchase.

PPGbubbles

I saw a review about this on YT by a member here Empressri.....it seems to be the only product they have worth picking up!

do you have any pics? I would love to see how it work on cottony 4a hair...that is most like my hair type.

jada1111

I saw a review about this on YT by a member here Empressri.....it seems to be the only product they have worth picking up!

do you have any pics? I would love to see how it work on cottony 4a hair...that is most like my hair type.

No, but it looks the way it does with my other styling products - sheeny/shiney, defined coils and no frizz.

I'm going to be creating a hair blog soon and posting pics there. Will be closing down my fotki, because I can no longer privatize it without having to pay for it which I don't want to do. I also feel bad, because I haven't updated it in awhile and hardly ever visit it. :sad:

I'm gonna check out empressri's review. She seems to like a lot of stuff I don't - KBB for example. I love the scents of KBB and would rather invest in body stuff, because the hair products don't work well in MY hair for MY particular needs.

Sunshine_One

Hey Jada111!

I'm glad you posted a review. I knew the Curly Whip would work well in your hair. I only purchased the Hair Rules Kinky Curly Creme (2oz) just so I could say I tried it. That stuff reminds of good ole back in the day...supposed miracle product Luster's Pink oil lotion. It sat right on top of my hair. Yuck! LOL Curly Whip is the crown jewel of this line. IMO

Last edited:

jada1111

Hey Jada111!

I'm glad you posted a review. I knew the Curly Whip would work well in your hair. I only purchased the Hair Rules Kinky Curly Creme (2oz) just so I could say I tried it. That stuff reminds of good ole back in the day...supposed miracle product Luster's Pink oil lotion. I sat right on top of my hair. Yuck! LOL

Yeah, it was your review that made me really decide to get it. You and I tend to like the same things. I knew if you liked it then I would. :lachen:

Agree about the Kinky Curling Creme. He needs to just toss it, cause imo it's garbage. It's too thick and leaves the hair feeling very coated, in addition to making it look ugly when dry. I love the scent of it, but that's about all. It didn't "stretch" the curl/coil like it said it would, but on the flipside it does define the curls, but leaves no sheen. Hair also feels sort of stuck together not separate and loose like with the Curly Whip.

Sunshine_One

Yeah, it was your review that made me really decide to get it. You and I tend to like the same things. I knew if you liked it then I would. :lachen:

Agree about the Kinky Curling Creme. He needs to just toss it, cause imo it's garbage. It's too thick and leaves the hair feeling very coated, in addition to making it look ugly when dry. I love the scent of it, but that's about all. It didn't "stretch" the curl/coil like it said it would, but on the flipside it does define the curls, but leaves no sheen. Hair also feels sort of stuck together not separate and loose like with the Curly Whip.

ITA about the scent. It smells great. But I'm glad you got good curl definintion. It worked well on the back tighter sections...but my looser section at the crown....FRIZZ!:nono: I kept rewetting twirling...ect...no luck! I may use what's left for a twist out or roller set just to use it up. That's 10 bucks in the wind! lol

ETA: I also do not like the Finishing cream. I will be returning that in exchange for the Cleansing cream. I like the cleansing cream. Every time I use it I pretend I'm in the beautiful bathroom/shower feautred in the video. lol

Last edited:

jada1111

ITA about the scent. It smells great. But I'm glad you got good curl definintion. It worked well on the back tighter sections...but my looser section at the crown....FRIZZ!:nono: I kept rewetting twirling...ect...no luck! I may use what's left for a twist out or roller set just to use it up. That's 10 bucks in the wind! lol

ETA: I also do not like the Finishing cream. I will be returning that in exchange for the Cleansing cream. I like the cleansing cream. Every time I use it I pretend I'm in the beautiful bathroom/shower feautred in the video. lol

LOLOLOL!!!!! :lachen:

That bathroom was the best part of the video!! :lachen: