Hair Salons in Maryland

JusticeMe

I'm about 8 months post relaxer, and into my journey of naturalosity ( I just made that up haha) anyway. As I've stated before I'm from Philly and used to a certain standard of hair styling and care etc.

I've been in Maryland for about 4 years and I've had the HARDEST time finding a good stylist, that's reasonably priced, respects my time, and most importantly can understand healthy hair techniques and do good hair.

I used to go to the Dominicans in Baltimore, but found that my hair was growing faster and healthier without the Domincans and I never really liked how it was styled. It was also wayyy to much heat for my fine hair. So I ended up only going when I was too lazy to do my own hair.

Anyway, I'm looking for a salon/stylist who is hopefully in or around the Arundel county area, and meets the prerequisites I mentioned above.

I'm hoping you ladies can you provide you experiences with your current sytlist.

I'm so tired of traveling to Philly to get my hair done, because I can't find quality stylist's here.

Is it too much to ask of a stylist to be gentle when coming my wet brittle hair that is natural at the roots and relaxed on the ends? Is it too much to ask for the stylist to not be so rough when shampooing me...HELLO THATS MY HUMAN HEAD your roughhousing? SHHESSHHH! Is it too much to ask that you straighten my roots...duh i'm not relaxed. Is it too much to ask to not have an appointment at 1pm and not get into the chair until 4pm?

We need to establish a Better Business Bureau solely for stylists and salons..

I'm sorry for ranting but it just needed to be said!

Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/Justam2Flyy

robot.

Monica at The Hair Company USA has gotten a lot of glowing reviews here. Maybe check out the salon review forum? I know you can find info about the shop there.

Eclass215

Sorry to hear that. I'm from Philly too and STILL got back to get my hair done there. I've been in MD for almost 3 years now and haven't trusted anyone yet. Let me know if you do find someone though!

JusticeMe

Thank you ladies, I've been looking for a Salon review forum for ever, I had no idea there was one.
And once I find one I'll definitely report back @Eclass215