Hair Shears/Scissors?

Namilani

Okay, I'm finally realizing trimming with my Dollar Tree scissors was doing almost more harm to my hair than not trimming at all. About how much are a good pair of hair shears? Names of good brands? TIA!

Oh yeah! Doesn't anyone wanna buy my KeraCare, QP Elasta, or Mizani? I know. I know. :look: How tacky of me to throw this in...

Bint Yusef

I think I paid like 19.99 for mine at Sallys. Dont remember the brand.

But yeah girl im glad you stopped with the dollar tree scissors. Those things arent sharpened correctly for hair and dont do clean cuts, they can cause more splits.

eta: just looked they are jilbere

Last edited:

Namilani

OnAHairQuest said:

But yeah girl im glad you stopped with the dollar tree scissors. Those things arent sharpened correctly for hair and dont do clean cuts, they can cause more splits.

Thanks! I'm glad they aren't $50 or more like I was expecting! I'm not sure what names, blades, or sizes to purchase. eBay has a trillion of them. *Sigh* Decisions....

JuicesN'Berries

I have bought several pairs (I lose them alot) of conair hair scissors from various grocery stores....They are super sharp and work great. I know you can find them at wal-mart or target ranging between $10-$15.

AKA-Tude

I bought a pair on Ebay & they are wonderful!

Before that I was using general hosehold scissors to trim/dust my ends:perplexed

What a difference the purchase made!

I think I spent maybe $30 for them.

Namilani

What do the sizes (inches) matter when choosing scissors? I would think it would be easier to work with a smaller pair... No. Wait. You can do more with a bigger pair? I saw some hair shears that had been confiscated from flights on eBay. I'm interested in those. I'm also gonna look up Conair ones, too. Thanks, ladies!

HoneyDew

OnAHairQuest said:

You know, I saw some really good shears at Sally's a few days ago. I was impressed. I may hae to take that $5 off coupon and get a pair.

AKA-Tude

Talipoohz_Momma said:
What do the sizes (inches) matter when choosing scissors? I would think it would be easier to work with a smaller pair... No. Wait. You can do more with a bigger pair? I saw some hair shears that had been confiscated from flights on eBay. I'm interested in those. I'm also gonna look up Conair ones, too. Thanks, ladies!

I bought the 5 inch pair. They work great!

Hair shears confiscated from flights on ebay? Where? What kind of shears are they? (WOW) Post a link if you can!

Namilani

AKA-Tude said:
I bought the 5 inch pair. They work great!

Hair shears confiscated from flights on ebay? Where? What kind of shears are they? (WOW) Post a link if you can!

Thanks! I was gonna end up getting the 5-inch ones. Here's the link: http://stores.ebay.com/4mtrading_Barber-Hair-Shears-Sewing_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ16QQftidZ2QQtZkm

He's got excellent feedback, but he said they may need to be sharpened... Lord knows I don't feel like fooling with extra stuff to do. Plus, I wasn't sure if these were any count. Too, how does the seller know all this stuff about these confiscated shears? I do know I over-analyze stuff, but still...

AKA-Tude

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Thanks! I was gonna end up getting the 5-inch ones. Here's the link: http://stores.ebay.com/4mtrading_Barber-Hair-Shears-Sewing_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ16QQftidZ2QQtZkm

He's got excellent feedback, but he said they may need to be sharpened... Lord knows I don't feel like fooling with extra stuff to do. Plus, I wasn't sure if these were any count. Too, how does the seller know all this stuff about these confiscated shears? I do know I over-analyze stuff, but still...

This is what I'm wondering. And how did HE acquire them?

I'm at work & Ebay is blocked so I'll check 'em out when I get to the house. Thanx.

AKA-Tude

Talipoohz_Momma said:

WOW- he's got GREAT deals!!!

I see a couple I like (but don't need!!).

I'm like you- I wanna know how he got holto 'em!

BrooklynSouth

$16.99 Jilbere 5 inch from Sallys. Test how they feel around your fingers; many packages allow you to slip fingers thru the grip to test for feel.