Hair Shed More When Airdried?

levette

I think my hair doesn’t like airdrying. It seems I have more shed hairs when airdrying versus when I blow dry it. Anyone else have this issue. I’m growing out my relaxer to be natural so maybe this is the issue.

Lylddlebit

For me that usually means:
  • my leave in isn't sufficient
  • I didn't remove shed hairs thoroughly enough in my detangle phase and they built up over a few washes to seem unrealistically too many for one wash day when they do slide out
  • I broke some hair off that I didn't remove
  • I had a matting mishap
  • or I am going though a biological shedding phase

It's never air drying, in and of itself, it's always something on that list. Take a look at your shedding in context to examine what besides air-drying may be causing it.

Last edited:

secretdiamond

For me that usually means:
  • my leave in isn't sufficient
  • I didn't remove shed hairs thoroughly enough in my detangle phase and they built up over a few washes to seem unrealistically too many for one wash day when they do slide out
  • I broke some hair off that I didn't remove
  • I had a matting mishap
  • or I am going though a biological shedding phase

It's never air drying, in and of itself, it's always something on that list. Take a look at your shedding in context to examine what besides air-drying may be causing it.

A lot of it may be the bolded. There's usually more combing done while blow drying and with the air blowing, it helps to blow out the shed hairs.
Also, another reason may be that after air drying, people often report more dryness and less moisture retention, leading to more breakage.